ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Fox.

Again, my issue isn’t with the hire, it’s with how fake y’all are. Y’all went from claiming failed head coaches we’re awful assistants to celebrating a failed head coach that was hired as an assistant. Unless you have access to practices and the team behind the scenes no one, me included has no idea what these assistants do, it doesn’t stop y’all from pretending to be experts.
Well he’s new to us. The other guys already gave it a try.

I've always said this. Why the heck you get rid of Fox and hire Crean. So darn devastating to this guy's resume. He was building at Georgia within his realm of capabilities. Which was better than anything Crean brought to the table. I'm 100% glad he is on our staff. The guy is a sleeper.
100% agree on Georgia getting rid of Fox. He was very good at Georgia only Hugh Durham was better. I think an argument could be made that Fox was better than Tubby there. Georgia never appreciated Durham. They have never appreciated Men's Basketball period. That is why they have the worst all time record in SEC Basketball. They should have never let Fox go...I am thrilled he is one of our coaches now.

Ok all silliness aside
I like Mark Fox. He seems like a good guy
That being said…he’s not a coaching type so much as an administrative type, IMO
I think he will do well in the role he has, but let’s be honest, there’s a reason he’s not a head coach. He may have a good basketball operations skills , as in understanding the fundamentals, player relations, working with NIL and perhaps preparation work. But in game coaching decisions not so much
I’m glad we hired him, as I said, I think he will do well in his role as an assistant

Feels weird to hear him say “go big blue” 🤣
Sometimes we don’t understand most our coaches are not from here. Have been in different places ever year and we expect them to bleed blue. That’s why the fanbase has accepted CMP with open arms. He does. I firmly believe BBN let go of Cal a little bit when while he was winning big Ellen did an interview and was asked if they loved Kentucky enough to stay her when John retired. Her response was basically a HELL NO. We won’t retire here. BBN had its feelings hurt. His decline helped but BBN let go a little with that. The media kept that narrative going for weeks.

This sums up Kentucky fans. Nothing comes before the agenda.

It is infinitely harder to win at Kentucky football then Georgia basketball. Mark Stoops goes to a bowl game every year and wins 7-10 games nearly every year and receives luke warm support from Kentucky fans. He’s one 6-6 season away from losing most of the fanbase.

Mark Fox was a Georgia for 9 years, made 2 NCAA Tournaments, TWO! He had zero NCAA Tournament wins in 9 years, and is a good coach. Dude was 3-28 at Cal but is a good X’s and O’s coach. Y’all always talk about last 4 years, his last 4 years he was 38-87 and is celebrated. This coming from the fanbase that has trashed every coach in the basketball office for a decade. Mark Fox is objectively awful as a coach and all this agenda driven fake love is hilarious.
How many tournaments has Georgia made since Fox left ?

Now we know the answer to the question…

What does the Fox say?
Fox Dancing GIF by Kochstrasse™

Again, my issue isn’t with the hire, it’s with how fake y’all are. Y’all went from claiming failed head coaches we’re awful assistants to celebrating a failed head coach that was hired as an assistant. Unless you have access to practices and the team behind the scenes no one, me included has no idea what these assistants do, it doesn’t stop y’all from pretending to be experts.
I don't think it's being fake. It's called being emotional, and because things are looking up it does change one's perspective on things. For most anyway.

Reactions: susan2361
Georgia results years after Fox left :
19-20 (16-16)
20-21 1(14-12)
21-22 (6-26)
22-23 (16-16)
23-24 (20-17)
ZERO bids

He had a couple of 21-12 and 20-14 seasons at Georgia, not great by any standards, well other than being a head coach at Georgia in recent years. SO those 2 tournaments he made, is 2 more than coaches after him.

It is infinitely harder to win at Kentucky football then Georgia basketball. Mark Stoops goes to a bowl game every year and wins 7-10 games nearly every year and receives luke warm support from Kentucky fans. He’s one 6-6 season away from losing most of the fanbase.

Mark Fox was a Georgia for 9 years, made 2 NCAA Tournaments, TWO! He had zero NCAA Tournament wins in 9 years, and is a good coach. Dude was 3-28 at Cal but is a good X’s and O’s coach. Y’all always talk about last 4 years, his last 4 years he was 38-87 and is celebrated. This coming from the fanbase that has trashed every coach in the basketball office for a decade. Mark Fox is objectively awful as a coach and all this agenda driven fake love is hilarious.
DID NOT REALIZE THE ASSISTANT COACH WAS DOING ALL THE COACHING HERE. LOL!!! Take your fake UK Fandom and walk away.

OUR STAFF IS GOOD, our players will be better than most of the naysayers could ever imagine. Sit back buttercup, get ready to be mad all year as they prove you wrong week after week.

Mark Stoops was a very good coordinator and a good head coach. Mark Fox was an awful head coach and was an assistant on lower programs in the past so who knows what he will be as an assistant. It’s just funny hearing the excuses for Mark Fox Fox who was completely awful as a head coach from the people who trash most of the coaches on campus.

The guy is like 5 down on the list of coaches. Relax Sally.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Fox is an associate head coach just like Bruiser Flint. They were both awful head coaches, raftards just think one is great and the other should have been fired every year.
I can’t say if Fox will be a good assistant or not; it remains to be seen. Just like the rest of the staff
As for Bruiser…I’m not sure what he actually did while here. We certainly didn’t see too many positive results
I’m also not sure what your purpose is for being on this board. You’ve made some decent statements that bear solid discussion, however the continual derogatory remarks to other members here negate any positive discourse.
But hey, hope you have a great day

Mark Stoops was a very good coordinator and a good head coach. Mark Fox was an awful head coach and was an assistant on lower programs in the past so who knows what he will be as an assistant. It’s just funny hearing the excuses for Mark Fox Fox who was completely awful as a head coach from the people who trash most of the coaches on campus.
Aww you poor baby..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The preliminary finding is that you have set the current world record for chippiness about a 4th assistant college basketball coach in the history of the world.

While this will need to be confirmed there is every reason to believe the findings will be upheld.

Outstanding effort!!!

In the interim please feel free to review the duties of said assistant to minimize any residual frustration.

100% agree on Georgia getting rid of Fox. He was very good at Georgia only Hugh Durham was better. I think an argument could be made that Fox was better than Tubby there. Georgia never appreciated Durham. They have never appreciated Men's Basketball period. That is why they have the worst all time record in SEC Basketball. They should have never let Fox go...I am thrilled he is one of our coaches now.
Right on. I threw a hissy rant about it, back then. I'm absolutely not a Georgia fan. It was a terrible call. Although he isn't by title a coach here. The basketball organization as a whole has a guy in Fox. That knows basketball, especially defense. We aren't gonna get infractions for guy giving advice to our Coach down the hall lol. SMH at some lol.

Mark Fox was a wonderful head coach, and that's why he stepped down as an assistant at Kentucky. That's what coaches do, right? Oh, yeah.

If anyone thinks Bruiser Flint is a better assistant than Mark Fox, that's the last thing you ever need to hear or read them say. Just walk away.

Facts! Wonderful head coach who made 2 NCAA Tournaments at Georgia in 9 years with 0 NCAA Tournament wins. Name another coach that could accomplish that at a lowly power 5 program like UGA. Who else could go 38-87 in four years at Cal other than the wonderful Coach Mark Fox. Him winning 21% of his games the last 4 years really showed his greatness. I co-sign your wonderful coach. I just hope we can keep him from the Lakers if Dan Hurleys turns them down.
You're a weird SOB. Did Brusier pay you extra at the strip club? Is that what this is?

Fox is better than Flint you dolt. The only thing Flint was better than Fox at is cleaning out the strip club buffets.

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
He paid me the same that Mark Fox paid you. It’s hilarious that you’re still too stupid to get the point. Classic raftard.
Magilla Gorilla, married to a JMI employee, who has a weird agenda regarding football NIL. Having an axe to grind regarding fans support of Mark Stoops? Shocked I tell you!

Better based on what dumb boy? They’re both garbage, raftards with an agenda just act like one who just went 3-29 is a good coach. That’s how fake you pathetic losers are. The agenda comes before common sense for you uneducated human trash cans.
Fox isn't gonna be coaching basketball on the sidelines like Brusier. He's gonna be handling NIL, like a GM.

Get ****ed idiot.

@Coco H Where do you work at UKAA? It's obvious you're employed in the athletic deparment the way you reverse cowgirl anyone connected to UKAA. Players, coaches, NIL donors.

Imagine a Kentucky fan supporting Kentucky player coaches and donors. Something is fishy about that to you because you’re a compl fraud. Yet another example of how trash raftards are and how you’re not real fans. You’re pathetic losers in a cult.

Yeah, he's not a UK fan. He/she. Someone living in a basement on a UK message board at 2am.

Reactions: KFuqua
It’s obvious you have no idea what you’re talking about if you think an associate head coach won’t be coaching on the sideline just like Bruiser Flint. It’s sad how big of a joke you are, clueless as to how anything reallly works, you just run your mouth like you’re an expert. He’s gonna be the GM/NIL guy based on what dumb boy? Explain your lie. Oh wait, you heard from another uneducated raftard on a trash message board so it has to be true. I can’t stop laughing at how clueless you pathetic lowlife liars are about everything. Everything about you is agenda driven.

You even think JMI is a local company and not a national media rights company based in California connected with dozens of colleges and universities. It’s unbelievable how stupid you are.
I have you dancing uncontrollably.

Imagine a Kentucky fan supporting Kentucky player coaches and donors. Something is fishy about that to you because you’re a compl fraud. Yet another example of how trash raftards are and how you’re not real fans. You’re pathetic losers in a cult.
You need mental help. I mean that. You think a ''real fan'' (made up BS btw) is 100% positive no matter what? You're a retard brother.

Y’all are gonna be making those same dumb excuses y’all made when Aaron Bradshaw played and y’all swore up and down wasn’t gonna play a second when Mark Fox is on the sideline coaching. No matter how many times y’all look stupid, you go right back to the BS.
Kinda like when you said UK had top 5 NIL in the SEC in football? LOL

It no surprise why he sucked the last 4 years, he was never known as a recruiter and had a terrible roster. His style also worked when fouls weren’t called as much and the 3 wasn’t as important. The game probably passed him by. Doesn’t mean he was a bad coach though he just didn’t adapt.

It no surprise why he sucked the last 4 years, he was never known as a recruiter and had a terrible roster. His style also worked when fouls weren’t called as much and the 3 wasn’t as important. The game probably passed him by. Doesn’t mean he was a bad coach though he just didn’t adapt.

Idk why anyone keeps trying to explain anything to that moron. Let em keep fantasizing about Cal.

The dude obsessed with Cal bringing up Cal in a Mark Fox post. Mark Fox has 7 losing seasons his last 14 years, there’s nothi to explain. Has 2 career tournament wins. Everyone knows he’s ass and has always been ass. The only people who think he’s a good coach are you ignorant uneducated agenda driven raftard goofs. You’re so stupid you keep calling a dude who we last saw going 3-29 a good coach. A dude who made 2 tournament in 9 years at Georgia a good coach. That’s how dumb you are. Y’all trash every UK coach numerous players, then try to say this bum is a good coach. Mark Stoops is average to mediocre but Mark Fox was a good coach.

I just like pointing out how utterly stupid message board trash like you are. This is a perfect example.

You big mad or nah?

• Haha
It's pretty nice to have a former SEC head coach on staff.

While I agree, I also think it's fair to question this hire because he's obviously the weakest of what is inarguably one of the best staffs in all of cbb.

Let's say fox didn't give pope his first opportunity. Would he still have this job? I highly doubt it. Doesn't mean he isn't or won't be good. Just means it was definitely a family sort of hire that we could've probably done better.

Y’all?

I think we found Brad.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT