ADVERTISEMENT

Some Random guy at Fox has us unranked

I have said before, Vegas makes billions every year off of being smarter about sports than the average fan, commentator, or pundit. Ky is in the top 5 of every single betting outlet there is to win the title this year. I'll take Vegas's predictions over anyone's. Yes, every year there are teams that are high favorites to win it all that lose early, but still, I think Vegas knows more than anyone else. I would say you wouldn't get odds you liked very much if you bet on Ky to not be in the top 25 at the end of the year.
More so than sports, Vegas knows PEOPLE. They generally set odds not so much on what they think will happen, but more on what they think will bring in the most action.

More so than sports, Vegas knows PEOPLE. They generally set odds not so much on what they think will happen, but more on what they think will bring in the most action.
oh I dont disagree at all. But they have to be in the ballpark. They can't put some ridiculous line out there and have the sharps jumping all over it. That would obviously apply more to individual games than futures though. I still don't think there is a message board junkie or sportscaster that can come close to handicapping with them. In this case, if Ky is out of the top 25, their odds to win it are going to be in the 6000-8000 to 1 range or so. Vegas isn't going to make that mistake very many times other than some occasional fluke team gets hot, has a lot of their path cleared for them, and some other luck along the way. If there are some good odds out there that this isn't a top 25 team, I'll take it all day long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT