ADVERTISEMENT

So will the women's program be in better shape than the men's program next year?

OH boy, here we go. We are going to use the Lady Cats to keep beating the dead horse ? Hey, WKU got a new coach, here they come. Has Murray State done anything we should be on the look out for? EKU ? Morehead ? Keep an eye out, lord knows we need new things to use in beating the dead horse.

Kid Panic GIF - Kid Panic Drowning GIFs

Cal is taking in the NBA and arranging deals with agents for his next round of draft picks while the program wallows in mediocrity. Brooks is turning UK Lady Cats into a top 10 program overnight
Top 10 program ? They have 3 players left from last year, signed ONE great player from Virginia Tech, a center who played sparingly, and brought in 3 NEW freshman recruits. They have EIGHT players and all but one is unproven. Move over LSU, SC, UCONN, Iowa. UK is taking over.
I get it, Brooks is doing a very nice job fixing a very bad situation and he seems like a very good coach, happy for them, but top 10 program ? I will hold out and wait to see what the new team accomplishes before I start labeling them "Top 10 program". Another knee jerk reaction from one of our finest. Beating a dead horse and knee jerk reactions are the "Cool" fans.

Top 10 program ? They have 3 players left from last year, signed ONE great player from Virginia Tech, a center who played sparingly, and brought in 3 NEW freshman recruits. They have EIGHT players and all but one is unproven. Move over LSU, SC, UCONN, Iowa. UK is taking over.
I get it, Brooks is doing a very nice job fixing a very bad situation and he seems like a very good coach, happy for them, but top 10 program ? I will hold out and wait to see what the new team accomplishes before I start labeling them "Top 10 program". Another knee jerk reaction from one of our finest. Beating a dead horse and knee jerk reactions are the "Cool" fans.
You have to admit he is making an effort and a splash while Cal is allowing the men’s program to wallow in the muck of first round failures. But oh boy….draft day is coming. Hopefully the Cal slurping gang will enjoy the green room.

This. I'll be happy to get some votes in the Top 25 poll.

You have to admit he is making an effort and a splash while Cal is allowing the men’s program to wallow in the muck of first round failures. But oh boy….draft day is coming. Hopefully the Cal slurping gang will enjoy the green room.
“Cal Slurping gang”

@chattanoogawildcat said that you once admitted that you post here to rile people up and that it’s easy for you.

No new hobbies? A dog maybe?

Literally nobody here slurps Calipari but keep saying it for cheap, pathetic juvenile thrills.

Last edited:
You’re comparing the women’s game to the men’s game. The parity isn’t the same. Beyond those few programs you mentioned, the rest of the top 10 is wide open year to year. Nobody said he is dethroning the giants…. But his VT team finished the final AP at 13th. It isn’t crazy to think that bringing the Star All American that was the leader of that team to Lexington means you have one of the top 20 players in the womens game leading you.

That “center that barely played” was a highly rated freshmen that played in 33 games and averaged 5 and 4. Again, this isn’t the men’s game where the elite talent leaves after one, maybe 2, years. Very few Freshmen play immediately and when they do, they are typically guards bc the physicality difference from a year 1 to year 5 isn’t as large (as we’ve also seen w our weak bean pole 5 star mens centers recently). The only big men/women that come in and make an immediate impact as FR now are physical freaks like Cousins, Griner, Zion etc. but the womens game is more like the men’s game in the 80s from the dynamic that everyone stays 3-5 years so you wait your turn. Her being good enough to play in 33 games as an 18 year old big, is a really good sign going forward.

He’s putting together a top 25 type team on paper. Maybe there are year one system implementation struggles but the horizon looks promising.

Remove the auto protectiveness of the Mens program from the bias and appreciate that he’s building what appears to be a great foundation to work with immediately

You’re comparing the women’s game to the men’s game. The parity isn’t the same. Beyond those few programs you mentioned, the rest of the top 10 is wide open year to year. Nobody said he is dethroning the giants…. But his VT team finished the final AP at 13th. It isn’t crazy to think that bringing the Star All American that was the leader of that team to Lexington means you have one of the top 20 players in the womens game leading you.

That “center that barely played” was a highly rated freshmen that played in 33 games and averaged 5 and 4. Again, this isn’t the men’s game where the elite talent leaves after one, maybe 2, years. Very few Freshmen play immediately and when they do, they are typically guards bc the physicality difference from a year 1 to year 5 isn’t as large (as we’ve also seen w our weak bean pole 5 star mens centers recently). The only big men/women that come in and make an immediate impact as FR now are physical freaks like Cousins, Griner, Zion etc. but the womens game is more like the men’s game in the 80s from the dynamic that everyone stays 3-5 years so you wait your turn. Her being good enough to play in 33 games as an 18 year old big, is a really good sign going forward.

He’s putting together a top 25 type team on paper. Maybe there are year one system implementation struggles but the horizon looks promising.

Remove the auto protectiveness of the Mens program from the bias and appreciate that he’s building what appears to be a great foundation to work with immediately
Wow slow down Kenny. I simply said they are NOT a top 10 program. It was stated "top 10 program", they haven't played A game yet. I said he is working hard and appears to be a very good coach, I simply said they are NOT top 10. You put a lot of words in your post I simply didn't write. maybe by doing that it would make your rebuttal look better, i don't know, but how about you quote me and debate based on EXACTLY what I stated and not your spin on it.

If the lady Cats are a top 25 team next year, that will be a helluva job by Brooks. Top 10 ? That will take a LOT more players to join the team. They have 8 players. 3 little used leftovers from last years horrible team, 3 FRESHMEN recruits and one All American from Tech and the Center (who has potential to be really good). NO depth, 2 (1 of them great) dependable starters. SO they have to fill the other 3 starting spots, and a bench.

Maybe better than being a "fake" top ten coach and running The GOAT program into the ground. Oh, and it looks like the Razorbacks are hiring another HC that is better than JVC and that moves him farther down the latter! Makes JVC about 8-9 th best coach in the SEC now. Are you embarrassed enough yet JVC or is stealing 9 million a year enough to hide your shame and narcissist a$$.

The other thing, we can watch their players develop over multiple seasons, that to me is huge, Brooks is going to be a star. I have zero attachment to Cal’s current model, they’re on campus for five months.

It’s just the excitement of seeing a program that actually tries to win and compete. We’ve been torched by Calipari’s apathy and when we see a program going full circuit it’s making you excited. It’s just normal given the circumstances.

Everyone just stay ready because it looks like Oats will be the head coach at UK in 24 months give or take. It could also get bad enough at the end of next season that they have no choice but to figure a way out of Calipari and make the move.

Personally, I see no way Calipari can position himself in the mud after we finish mid pack next season. He’ll probably be given the choice, hold us to the buyout and you’re fired. Take a smaller amount and resign / retire. He just knew this year they wouldn’t do it.

I believe I have more interest in seeing their emergence than I do enduring another slog with Cal and his band of one and dones…
I've been thinking the same thing. It's curious but I think it's that Brooks comes across as a genuine man who his players can and want to relate to ... not sure, but just a vibe I'm getting. Brooks personae seems to be a quiet confidence that draws players to him. I'm looking forward in watching the girls program become the real gold standard at UK.

I believe I have more interest in seeing their emergence than I do enduring another slog with Cal and his band of one and dones…
I really wish CatsIllustrated had a board dedicated to only the Lady Cats. I know some here don’t want to discuss it while some of us love all kinds of UK basketball. I have long been a fan of the ladies game having been associated with some great high school programs and having a grandchild playing mid major ball.

Kinda like a Ky mens game not much fun to watch
Definitely not the same thing. The execution of all women’s basketball is hard to watch. They should lower the goal a foot. Layups have as good of a chance of going in as 3’s watching the game tonight and the other Iowa game earlier in the tournament.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Definitely not the same thing. The execution of all women’s basketball is hard to watch. They should lower the goal a foot. Layups have as good of a chance of going in as 3’s watching the game tonight and the other Iowa game earlier in the tournament.
I’d much rather watch the women play than watch that woman on our sideline screaming goooo!

I've been thinking the same thing. It's curious but I think it's that Brooks comes across as a genuine man who his players can and want to relate to ... not sure, but just a vibe I'm getting. Brooks personae seems to be a quiet confidence that draws players to him. I'm looking forward in watching the girls program become the real gold standard at UK.
I agree 100%, the interview where he’s in tears discussing the growth of the sport and how important it is spoke volumes, he truly cares.

We finished the season with the 9th ranked team

But go on, lament win your misery

Damn Phatty, been knowing ya around here for years. Never thought you were this stuck on a salesman and would happily watch this program tank. Blows my mind every time I see you post. The guy SUCKS, wake up my guy good grief. How much losing do you have to see before you stop arguing with UK fans and turn your attention to the program suffering the worst losses and seasons we’ve ever seen? What will that take?

At this point you would support Calipari through a damn 9 win season and losses to private catholic schools. I really think you would. He’s SOLD YOU wake up.

Tell us something what the hell is your standard for the guy? Just showing up with cheap cologne and making you pass out at the sight of his hair? Because your standard sure as hell isn’t winning. Whats the standard?

Last edited:
Reactions: kywildcat41086
I’ve always kept up with the women’s team over the years. It’s just great that Mitch actually had some balls to make a move to make a great hire for the women’s team. I’m with you and I’m excited to keep up with how the women’s team is going to do than what old washed up has been is going to do with the men’s team. We all know how that story will end we’ve seen it the past 5 years!!!!

Reactions: Philstat
I really wish CatsIllustrated had a board dedicated to only the Lady Cats. I know some here don’t want to discuss it while some of us love all kinds of UK basketball. I have long been a fan of the ladies game having been associated with some great high school programs and having a grandchild playing mid major ball.
Amen brother!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT