ADVERTISEMENT

So will the women's program be in better shape than the men's program next year?

I do not believe that women play basketball.

And I still believe that the women's program will be in better shape than the men's program next year. The men's program has a thirty-three million dollar problem.

If the coach does any actual coaching, they will be better than the men's team.

With the state of our mens program being what it is the last four years maybe that is a part of it. I have never really followed our womens program but I always thought UK should have a good womens program.
The hiring of Kenny Brooks seems like a Home Run. I have watched his interviews and like what I see. He is bringing in top notch recruits already.
Memorial being renovated into a nice facility. Good things happening.
Our mens program which I have lived and died with for forty years has turned into a thank you sir may I have another negative unpleasant , thing.
Don't misunderstand, I will be in front of the TV this October as always for my Cats but some positivity has been refreshing.

Not my thing and never really given much thought to the program but they have to do better than before.

I can't claim to be "excited" about women's basketball. I mean c'mon.

But, my fingers are crossed for big improvements.

Look, I'm all for the women's program being better. But to say I care on anywhere near the same level that I do for the men's program, I'd be lying if I said I did. It would be nice for them to be better though, the new coach sounds like a good hire.

He's already bringing in some big girls, which is something we've struggled to do for a long time. Even Mitchell struggled to bring in girls with height.

This looks like a great hire and it fits Mitch's track record. Make a good hire followed by a bonehead hire that costs the school millions to get out of, then a homerun hire to make up for the bonehead hire.

Basketball- Tubby, good hire. BCG, bonehead hire. Cal, homerun (in 2009 anyway NOT NOW).

Football- Brooks, good hire. Joker, bonehead hire. Stoops, homerun is a stretch but he's the best we've ever had (which is sad) so he gets credit here.

WBB- Mitchell, good/great hire. Elzy, bonehead hire. Brooks looks to be a homerun.

He's already bringing in some big girls, which is something we've struggled to do for a long time. Even Mitchell struggled to bring in girls with height.

This looks like a great hire and it fits Mitch's track record. Make a good hire followed by a bonehead hire that costs the school millions to get out of, then a homerun hire to make up for the bonehead hire.

Basketball- Tubby, good hire. BCG, bonehead hire. Cal, homerun (in 2009 anyway NOT NOW).

Football- Brooks, good hire. Joker, bonehead hire. Stoops, homerun is a stretch but he's the best we've ever had (which is sad) so he gets credit here.

WBB- Mitchell, good/great hire. Elzy, bonehead hire. Brooks looks to be a homerun.
Barnhart didn't hire Tubby. Tubby was here several years before Barnhart came.

Look, I'm all for the women's program being better. But to say I care on anywhere near the same level that I do for the men's program, I'd be lying if I said I did. It would be nice for them to be better though, the new coach sounds like a good hire.
Not the OP but i think we are aligned on this. I do not care more about the women's program than I do the men but I am more excited for it. With the WBB team you have hope now which is something the Men's team lacks. Next really does feel like a probation year for the Men. My feeling towards the Men's team is lets get it over with then see where we are a year from now.

Not my thing and never really given much thought to the program but they have to do better than before.
Having gone to school (both HS and undergrad) where the women's program was much better than the men's (women reached national championship game year after I graduated), until I went to Grad school at UK I had attended as many if not more women's games as men's games. And even though it is different (just as college is different than the NBA), women's basketball can be good to watch also.

Having gone to school (both HS and undergrad) where the women's program was much better than the men's (women reached national championship game year after I graduated), until I went to Grad school at UK I had attended as many if not more women's games as men's games. And even though it is different (just as college is different than the NBA), women's basketball can be good to watch also.
Hope you enjoy I just cannot.

The vibe with the ladies is fantastic. And even though they aren't getting 5 stars they are getting excellent players and size. They don't need the five best players like the men do because they have a coach. Yes they need good talent, but the a big reason for the excitement is just as much about the attitude and ability of the coach. I am really happy for them. It is amazing when there is someone at the top that inspires confidence. Don't look now Cal but they are coming.

Coach brooks works and is passionate about it looking forward every Sunday watching the cats play his work shows his success excellent hire by mitch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT