ADVERTISEMENT

So, what happens next year when Cow goes 17-15 and misses the tourney?

CROCAT

Freshman
Nov 20, 2018
We just keep kicking the can down the road? What's the plan here, Mitch?

Because next season's gonna suck, folks. Reed and Rob ain't coming back. DJ and Justin ain't coming back either (not that anyone wants them to). The incoming recruits are uninspiring, a mismatched group of players from a weak class centered around a freakin 17-year-old.

Kentucky Basketball is reaching new historical lows with each passing day, as long as our bum Coach and bum AD are employed.

I actually think DJ comes back. He played himself right off the draft boards. I think this is exactly who Cal has in mind when he says 1, possibly 2 return.

I agree with you, Reed and Rob are gone and can’t blame them one bit.
I thought Reed could return with a hefty NIL package but when I read it is $1 mil, I said bye bye.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
I bet he we have a good team next year. Cal likes an enemy and challenge. Why he’s better in the mid major space.

The fans and media (national and local) are his enemies and I bet he outs it all together next year. Then leaves on what he considers his terms.

Then he can truly burn it down by leaving expectation behind again and nothing to build on.

Game against Dook is early. Could get ugly fast.
Shades of 2018...

8kjw95.jpg

Besides me laughing my ass off at everyone who “wanted one more year”, as UK further slides in to irrelevance, Indian style?

Quite frankly, I won’t give a single damn, and I will continue to laugh my ass off after every loss, every failed player, after every miserable moment that Cal AND ESPECIALLY Mitch have to endure!

I bet he we have a good team next year. Cal likes an enemy and challenge. Why he’s better in the mid major space.

The fans and media (national and local) are his enemies and I bet he outs it all together next year. Then leaves on what he considers his terms.

Then he can truly burn it down by leaving expectation behind again and nothing to build on.
Whether he bombs next year as I expect, or he somehow decides to work hard enough to be competitive again and maybe even make a run in the NCAA tournament, it looks like we both agree, either way, he will leave the program in shambles.

Why would Mitch wait for that to happen?

My god man drugs are bad

I think it will play out a lot like last year and the 21-22 season.

We'll look bad at times, have a few really good wins, roller coaster up and down how we all feel. "Built for March" "We're Young" etc, etc, etc...

Then we flame out in both post season tournaments and we're right back to where were already were.

eIlrHj.gif

Reactions: ArcticChar
Besides me laughing my ass off at everyone who “wanted one more year”, as UK further slides in to irrelevance, Indian style?

Quite frankly, I won’t give a single damn, and I will continue to laugh my ass off after every loss, every failed player, after every miserable moment that Cal AND ESPECIALLY Mitch have to endure!

This is a real fan and I’m the troll? Suuurrreeeee…..

Reactions: RipThru
I want Cal gone. Actually I wanted him gone years ago.

However, I do believe that if he does return, Reed, Z, DJ and Edwards will all run it back. And no, that should not be a reason to keep. Still, I do believe that.

This is basically a 1 year reprieve under the new parameters laid out by Mitch, and if there are similar or worse results, than he will be fired, with a 8.5 million dollars less taken off the buy out. That will put a huge amount of pressure on this team to perform.

Reactions: deplion and CROCAT
I thought Reed could return with a hefty NIL package but when I read it is $1 mil, I said bye bye.
Yeah, and that is, I believe, accompanied by a state wide tour to sign autographs. That’s a lot of time spent in Kroger’s.

Yeah and I’m sure Jeff and Stacey have had plenty of criticism (amongst themselves) how Cal has used Reed this year when it became apparent to the country that Reed should’ve been starting.

Yes, minutes played…sure. People want to give Cal a pass on this, but as a competitor you want to start the game. Cal isn’t some 4D chess player going against the way basketball is and has always been played here. He played favorites and to the detriment of the team.

I’ve said before, Reed has to go if he’s lottery. Why even risk it with another season with Cals decision making and Lord knows what type of Frankenstein roster.

If we lose all of our offensive production from this team it will definitely be ugly next season.
I totally agree. We will most likely not have 3 shooters capable of making 40+% of their 3 point shots.

Expect a lot of " dribble drive" throw it inside basketball next year with a lot of grinding in the half court.
I just call it Cal Ball.

If we go 17-15 or 9-17 or 30-1, we will be here thinking about what might have been. Fans of the coach will say not his fault, the other side say all his fault.
Part of fandom.

nba lottery picks = guaranteed $million$. reed and mom and dad are smart people.
I love Reed. Jeff is one of my all time favorites and Reed could easily be. I truly believe as the draft gets close, Reed’s stock will slide. I just don’t see GMs taking the risk that his skills translate that highly to the current NBA. If however he gets good feedback right up to the draft and stays projected high, he has to go.

We just keep kicking the can down the road? What's the plan here, Mitch?

Because next season's gonna suck, folks. Reed and Rob ain't coming back. DJ and Justin ain't coming back either (not that anyone wants them to). The incoming recruits are uninspiring, a mismatched group of players from a weak class centered around a freakin 17-year-old.

Kentucky Basketball is reaching new historical lows with each passing day, as long as our bum Coach and bum AD are employed.
The nightmare ain't ending anytime soon...THANKS Barney.

I actually think DJ comes back. He played himself right off the draft boards. I think this is exactly who Cal has in mind when he says 1, possibly 2 return.

I agree with you, Reed and Rob are gone and can’t blame them one bit.
Is DJ coming back good? He was awful this year for minutes played.

Reactions: CROCAT
This is the point I keep making. It’s like Mitch thinks Wright, Hurley, Stevens are all on a one-year sabbatical but they’re already penciled in for us for next March.

17 - 15 or worse and the decision is inevitable. We would have suffered through another sucky season, but could finally begin the rebuild.

On the other hand, if we go 25 - 5 and make a run to the Elite Eight or so, there is no way Barney fires him at that point, and Cal gets a fair number of fans back on his bandwagon.

Our biggest fear should be 22-9 and win a game (or at most two) in each of the tourneys. In other words, continued mediocrity.

Not nearly good enough to meet our standards and expectations, but not quite so horrible that Barney and Co are FORCED to cut ties, which is what I think it is going to take.

Sounds like y'all want that to happened. Go join the Louisville fandom. How can you be UK fans and want to UK to lose? Even if you hate Coach Cal, rooting for the team to lose is ****ed up.

Look I'm not happy how this season ended but I don't see 17-15 on the horizon either. I think Reed will come back. Some people value their education and college experience more than rushing off to the NBA for a huge pay day that will happen again in the future.

I think Cal will find a veteran post to go with Cyrill and Quaintance, he will find a veteran guard to go with Reed, DJ, and Boogie. I think he will find a veteran wing that has had success in the college ranks already. Cal has made some poor choices, but he is at UK and will have the access to get what he wants and needs.

To think he won't after this last week is nuts. I am sure Mitch, and he had a frank conversation about the future and when you are at UK in basketball you will eat before others eat and he will make sure this roster is FAT. That I have no doubt. Now will he under achieve with the talent brought in that will tell the tale.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
I can see after next year’s impending disaster, both Cal and Mitch ‘retire.’ Both know their jobs are on the line but Cal can cash another year’s worth of checks before he ‘retires’ and Mitch can ‘retire’ before he gets fired. So the program will be somebody else’s problem.

I love Reed. Jeff is one of my all time favorites and Reed could easily be. I truly believe as the draft gets close, Reed’s stock will slide. I just don’t see GMs taking the risk that his skills translate that highly to the current NBA. If however he gets good feedback right up to the draft and stays projected high, he has to go.
His skills translate perfectly to the current NBA, because no one plays a lick of defense.

• Haha
Reactions: CROCAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT