ADVERTISEMENT

So What Do We Know About Providence?

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Anyone watched them this year?

Besides B-Hop- how do they play? Are they post-oriented? Fast-paced or do they slow it down?

Any bigs who can contend with Oscar?

The Toppin/C-Liv vs. B-Hop matchup will be nuts

Reactions: CGblue
Quick look at KenPom- Providence is 16th nationally in Adjusted Offense but 108th nationally in Adjusted Defense.

195th (!!) in adjusted Tempo! Wow! So they are SLOW.

Reactions: CGblue
lost 4 of their last 5.

Kenpom 16 adjO and 108 adjD

Cats are 14 and 71.

Toppin to guard Hopkins? Face guard the crap out of him. Will Toppin be up to it? He was a teammate can Toppin get nasty with him and snack him around or play soft and pout?

I am really, really hoping that this actually plays to our advantage.

Everyone on the team should be VERY familiar with Hopkin's game, right? That has to make it harder for him.

But he will be unbelievably motivated.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
I do t think they play much D, I watched them play Villanova. I don’t remember them being a great 3 point shooting team or having a super quick PG. Obviously just can let Hopkins go crazy!

Everyone on the team should be VERY familiar with Hopkin's game, right? That has to make it harder for him.

On the flip side Hopkins will be very familiar with our entire team. I'm nervous about it but think a B-B+ game gets it done

So will our players. Not calling you out as you weren't saying this but some of our "fans" acting like its a one way street there. To our players he quit on his team and they want to make him regret it.

I think if UK gets healthier (hoping for late game Friday night), and makes fts and gives 100% they could surprise us.

So will our players. Not calling you out as you weren't saying this but some of our "fans" acting like its a one way street there. To our players he quit on his team and they want to make him regret it.

I think if UK gets healthier (hoping for late game Friday night), and makes fts and gives 100% they could surprise us.

Late game friday night would be great! 7PM!

Hope to avoid the afternoon game.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
On the flip side Hopkins will be very familiar with our entire team. I'm nervous about it but think a B-B+ game gets it done

How do you figure? We are a completely different team than last year. Yeah he knows about Oscar but only Oscar can stop Oscar. Little Bryce can't. Get off the train tracks when the trains a coming little Bryce.

Brooks and Wheeler aren't walking through that door either. So good luck with the scouting report LB.

they rank second in offensive rebounding efficiency, Cats are #2 in kenpom. They may play four guards, but i don't think they have the quickness of some of the others.

They suck got a player that could not get off the bench at KY starting we will blow them out.

We should hope that Providence can't hide Hopkins, so the coach keeps him on the bench like SOS.

Toppin to guard Hopkins? Face guard the crap out of him. Will Toppin be up to it? He was a teammate can Toppin get nasty with him and snack him around or play soft and pout?

That's a bigger deal than people realize. I expect our bigs to be just about as fired up as he is. They don't want to get punked. And they have seen him play. We can game plan for Hopkins better than he(and providence) can game plan for us.

The question is, will Cal game plan? Bleh.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Here's my thing. I dunno if Hopkins is gonna go off or score zero, but he knows Calipari's system, his plays, and a lot of the Kentucky players' tendencies. That'll be something important to consider.

That's a bigger deal than people realize. I expect our bigs to be just about as fired up as he is. They don't want to get punked. And they have seen him play. We can game plan for Hopkins better than he(and providence) can game plan for us.

The question is, will Cal game plan? Bleh.
Cow, I'm just worried about my guys and what we do and not what the other teams guys do.
Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Here's my thing. I dunno if Hopkins is gonna go off or score zero, but he knows Calipari's system, his plays, and a lot of the Kentucky players' tendencies. That'll be something important to consider.
It could. I won't count it out. But I have a feeling a young guy like Hopkins, who barely played, really doesn't have a lot of "game tape" from his time at Kentucky. That's not something I really think many players can do. Maybe he'll remember some tendencies on UK bigs.. but I'd bet that's about it.

But we DO have tape on him and lots of coaches and staff who worked with him. We should at least be able to have a game plan for him.

They suck got a player that could not get off the bench at KY starting we will blow them out.
I like your style, but if we come out flat we can lose. If we play well, it should be a 10+ win though.

People acting like Hopkins is Kawhi Leonard is hilarious though.

Give Brice an NIL deal to quit now, return to ky. That's uk's only chance.

Hopkins will be out for revenge and he may have a decent game but I think Toppin can do a good job defending him.

Toppin wasn't the same player last year. Reeves, Wallace Livingston and Frederick didn't play last year. Only guy he knows is Oscar.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Toppin is the same player he was when he got here.

And if we are counting on Toppin to guard anyone then we should just stay home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT