ADVERTISEMENT

So UK Planted Pitino at UL To Bring Them Down

Sawnee Cat

All-American
Aug 18, 2007
Florida Gulf Coast
I have to share this with BBN. I was shopping in my local Publix with my UK cap on my head when a stranger approached. He was red in the face and visibly upset. The words out of his mouth. "Yeah you did it, you put him there". What? "You knew he was dirt and would drag us down and it worked"

Still puzzled I ask the red faced man to explain. Well he was from Louisville and didn't appreciate UK pushing Pitino off on them and destroying their program. My response, "Things happen" And if that was the way it went down, we are genius and could teach the CIA a few things.

Are all UL fans this delusional?

Anybody that would actually believe something that asinine has got to be the most stupid person walking the planet today. Why would we plant a coach, especially one like Pitino, on our rivals team. That is just industrial strength stupid.
Delusional and totally off the wall. The guy had to be on something and was as red in the face as a Cardinal would be. And it was not the Florida sun.

Not everyone is playing with all 52 cards. There are certainly some posters on RR that aren't...

Still pretty funny.

Kentucky's athletic department:

dr-evil-laughing.gif

Anybody that would actually believe something that asinine has got to be the most stupid person walking the planet today. Why would we plant a coach, especially one like Pitino, on our rivals team. That is just industrial strength stupid.

You just described every looievile fan I ever met. All 6 of them. :)

I have to share this with BBN. I was shopping in my local Publix with my UK cap on my head when a stranger approached. He was red in the face and visibly upset. The words out of his mouth. "Yeah you did it, you put him there". What? "You knew he was dirt and would drag us down and it worked"

Still puzzled I ask the red faced man to explain. Well he was from Louisville and didn't appreciate UK pushing Pitino off on them and destroying their program. My response, "Things happen" And if that was the way it went down, we are genius and could teach the CIA a few things.

LOL. This has to be the most random thing I've heard in a while. A UofL fan gets into it with with a UK in the middle of a Publix and starts babbling some inane conspiracy? I'm assuming this was in Florida since that's the only place I've seen Publix groceries.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat

the pos should have been fired after porchini

Haven't had a lot of contact with UL fans but the few times I have I can definitely say they are delusional and just plain dumb. We planted Pitino there? Are you kidding me, that's a new one and way off the wall. They were the ones who pursued him after his fallout with the Celtics. To think UK had anything to do with him going to UL is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Wow!

If you were at Publix, you should have bought him a sucker.

Delusional and totally off the wall. The guy had to be on something and was as red in the face as a Cardinal would be. And it was not the Florida sun.

I have a hard time believing this happened. That's the most ignorant thing I've seen/ heard and that goes a long way considering the idiocy of their rivals and scout board

Reactions: kats23

Same guy was probably bragging in 2013 about how "his" coach had a more recent title than "our" coach.

I was actually saying this years ago as a joke. As badly as he was doing pre-hookers and the shame he was bringing to the program I laughed at my uofl friends and said this exact thing!

It's ridiculous to think that UK would do something like this.

It's more than obvious however that this is the work of Cal with an assist from Nike and WWW. As soon as Rick left UK, Cal knew that he would be UK's coach about 10 years later and knew one of his keys to success would be to have the upper hand on UL. Katina was probably about 10 years old then, but she's been on the "payroll" all this time to "spring the trap" when the day came to have the recruits and players do the "same". Setting Jurich up to hire Rick was child's play as they are a match made in heaven.

It was a brilliant plan no doubt and was executed to near perfection. It almost became unravelled however when Rick tapped Karen. That's where Tom inadvertently saved the day by keeping Rick as coach, with a raise and contract extension for good measure. Cal, WWW, and Phil Knight must have been laughing their asses off at the relief that the "plan" was still in place.

As I recall, UK fans went ballistic when RP chose UL over Michigan after he left Boston...seriously? That one choice made RP the villain forever.

Like not to sound cliche , but Jesus Christ can they get any dumber ?

I mean really UL fans ? @Steelers2012 @KerryRhodes and all you other slack jaws ... you HONESTLY believe this ?

That UK orchestrated all this ? I mean really y'all?

Lmao . Jesus y'all are an ignorant bunch . Did they plant pitinos micro Italian sausage in Sypher too?

More plausible explanation:
UofL has been on probation 3 times since the last time UK got in trouble. And they almost got the death penalty the second time in the 90s. All three times have been in periods that UK has been dominant. It's obvious they are so eaten up with envy they will do anything to catch up with UK. Jurich has been around all 3 times, and after his first two probations he thought his best shot was to hire who he couldn't cheat to beat in the 90s. Then when he still couldn't best UK with Rick, he tried to win by cheating with rick.

UofL is so pathetic

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT