ADVERTISEMENT

So theoretically Romeo Langford

My worry on the new Herro 5* ranking is that it was given to him because he committed to UK, AKA the Kentucky affect. Hopefully he truly is a 5* kid.

My worry on the new Herro 5* ranking is that it was given to him because he committed to UK, AKA the Kentucky affect. Hopefully he truly is a 5* kid.
As I said in the other thread he definitely was moved up because of that, but nothing wrong with it. Outside the top 15 or so, not a whole lot of difference between the next tier guys. 25 vs 35 means little to me.

Reactions: kyjeff1

giphy.gif

When has that ever happened? We've seen more of our guys get snubbed then helped. You must be thinking of Duke..

Reactions: bbn93 and CoachV182
giphy.gif

When has that ever happened? We've seen more of our guys get snubbed then helped. You must be thinking of Duke..
And to be honest, who freaking cares? He is seriously worried if the kid is perceived as a 5 star or not? Is he talented enough for Cal to put the full court press on him? Yes? Then that should be all the confirmation needed.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Would be a huge get for us (VU) to get Langford. That dude is a really good scorer from both the perimeter and at the rim. We've had shooters for years, but he can get any shot on the floor he wants (at least he did in the one game I've seen him against Princeton, Oh), even with a lot of defensive attention.

I've seen about every game going back to when he was an 8th grader. He can score in so many ways. NBA range, slashing, floaters, drawing contact and getting to the line. He does it with elite players guarding him, he does it against gimmick defenses. He's also well coached, he will show up ready to go. Whether it's IU or Vandy, they're getting a great one. Seen and talked with Bryce Drew a bit, hes at alot of games. I hope he finds success there.

Zion is urban legend. Kind of kid who will be on sportscenter every night, he is the type of kid that every NBA guy will be tweeting about, celebrity, every elementary kid will be wanting to be like him. The kid is not as good as Reddish, he has no offense, he is a bull in china cabinet. He is great to sign for your program, the young celebrity crowd.

John wall was this way in 08-09, he was urban legend. Will see if Coach K plays him on perimeter. I say he does not. I say Zion will be a point PF type, rebounds and dunks galores, 2-3 charging and running over someone a game, PF or quicker guy going around. He is a major work in progress. Let's see if he can shoot over 6'9 SF's and PF's
John Wall lived up to the legend and exceeded it.

I've seen about every game going back to when he was an 8th grader. He can score in so many ways. NBA range, slashing, floaters, drawing contact and getting to the line. He does it with elite players guarding him, he does it against gimmick defenses. He's also well coached, he will show up ready to go. Whether it's IU or Vandy, they're getting a great one. Seen and talked with Bryce Drew a bit, hes at alot of games. I hope he finds success there.

Thanks for the scouting report. Romeo sounds like a special player. I'm not going to freak out if he doesn't come to Vandy but I make it a point (typically) not to invest any time on kids not even committed to VU. In this case, he's just a high profile player and I like hoops so when I heard he had a game on ESPNU against the #9 ranked player, I had to watch.

Reactions: bananapants
I'm afraid Cal did a lot of damage to recruiting while coaching the national team. At that time, we thought we were the leader for Bol Bol. We thought we were right there for Reddish & Romeo.

Yeah this thread is about us possibly (pipe dream) getting back on Langford. Not Zion. I mean if he's down to Vandy and IU, you'd think a UK late pitch would at least maybe get some interest
You would think wrong. He was the unnamed 2018 recruit U of L was looking for money to sign that was documented in the FBI investigation. He is an Adidas guy. He won’t be at UK.

You would think wrong. He was the unnamed 2018 recruit U of L was looking for money to sign that was documented in the FBI investigation. He is an Adidas guy. He won’t be at UK.

What does, "he is an Adidas guy" mean?

If Langford is an Adidas guy, why would he have Vandy in his final 3? We are a Nike school.

Means he was going to be on the take from Adidas or whoever paid him money. Where he goes is where he got paid to go. We don’t want him.

That makes almost no sense.

1) You don't want him, lol.

2) If he's going to get paid by Adidas to attend an Adidas school, why is VU in his final 3? Are both KU and IU Adidas schools?

That makes almost no sense.

1) You don't want him, lol.

2) If he's going to get paid by Adidas to attend an Adidas school, why is VU in his final 3? Are both KU and IU Adidas schools?
He was tied up with U of L. He was the unnamed 2018 recruit who they were rounding up $120,000 to pay. Is that what you want at UK?

Why would get in with a guard ? We have the best guards in the country next season. If Shai returns we will have the best back court in college easily . Even without Shai we will have a ton of talent.
Idk he's a top 5 player and the best guard in the class? And if Shai leaves we don't have a ready SG for next season. Starting Herro is not a great idea for us

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT