ADVERTISEMENT

So realistically what will happen?

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
This will be a losing season and no bowl game most likely. Fans are getting tired of year in year out disappointments. We recruit middle of the road SEC players and have no chance of ever seeing the playoffs but have one of the highest paid coaches in America with a long term contract. Is there any hope left for UK football. Dedicated and loyal ticket holders deserve better. Fans everywhere deserve better.

Best hope is Stoops leaves on his own and we hire a coach for about half his bloated annual salary (similar to Popes down from Cals n bball) and that extra 4 million a year is better put elsewhere to help improve the program.

I'm still not sure UK will be able to raise enough NIL to ever be a top tier sec program. I said on another thread we will all die without seeing them win one sec or national title. The playoff is more of a Grey area for me as I expect it to keep on expanding. Maybe we sneak in one season if it goes to 24 teams but don't see it with 12.

Our lazy, moronic AD has us in yet another horrible situation where the coach has ALL the leverage & the school is handcuffed by the coach’s awful contract & insane buyout. MB doesn’t have the balls to fire anyone. So, our only hope is that Stoops leaves on his own or we take matters into our own hands & force him to coach in an empty stadium next season. But, MB needs to go, himself. ASAP. His contracts aren’t just bad. They hold the school hostage & set the programs back, years. It’s insane to me that he hasn’t had to answer for them & has free reign to continue the madness. Just one contract this damaging should be enough to lose a job.

Last edited:
No one has really answered your question. I’m not sure I can either. But it’s very close to 50/50 that stoops puts his head down and really goes to work to fix this shit for next season…..or he decides to move on/retire.
That would be the best option at this point. Got to have a dynamic QB from the portal and a much more creative OC.

Realistically what will happen is that Stoops won’t change anything and he will coach the next 2 years. Nothing I have seen has shown he thinks he has a philosophy problem. He is coaching the same way today that he did on day one.

Reactions: catben
No one has really answered your question. I’m not sure I can either. But it’s very close to 50/50 that stoops puts his head down and really goes to work to fix this shit for next season…..or he decides to move on/retire.

I think with the buyout issue at 36-40 million, he’s here at least until the end of next season.

Two oddly related occurrences fast approach: Kirk Ferentz will turn 70 this year, and will likely establish the Big Ten record for total wins, by season’s end. Neither are guarantees of his retirement, but might bring it about. Stoops haters think Iowa would pass on him, but just like the Calipari situation, the view from the outside is different.

Stoops retains national respect for elevating a program higher than well-respected Coaches Brooks and Claiborne elevated it.

I think with the buyout issue at 36-40 million, he’s here at least until the end of next season.

Two oddly related occurrences fast approach: Kirk Ferentz will turn 70 this year, and will likely establish the Big Ten record for total wins, by season’s end. Neither are guarantees of his retirement, but might bring it about. Stoops haters think Iowa would pass on him, but just like the Calipari situation, the view from the outside is different.

Stoops retains national respect for elevating a program higher than well-respected Coaches Brooks and Claiborne elevated it.

I have a hard time believing the view from the outside is different considering Stoops was literally laughed out of Texas A&M. Honestly, one of the most embarrassing things I have seen a coach endure.

But, its very obvious that the TAM boosters were correct in running him off, considering TAM is in first place in the SEC and Stoops has a losing record.

Coaching candidates are always more popular than the current coach, the backup qb is always better than the starter, and greatness is always around the corner. You made a good point, the view from the outside is different than ours. It’s not crazy to think that there’s a program out there that would love to have stoops. It is crazy to me that TAM was ready to hire him just a few months ago.

This will be a losing season and no bowl game most likely. Fans are getting tired of year in year out disappointments. We recruit middle of the road SEC players and have no chance of ever seeing the playoffs but have one of the highest paid coaches in America with a long term contract. Is there any hope left for UK football. Dedicated and loyal ticket holders deserve better. Fans everywhere deserve better.
I know were youre coming from but the football fans that keep supporting bad football don't deserve any better than the basketball fans that continued to support cals downward spril of
ukbb.
Its all about incentives, and theres no inentive to make football better as long as the fans keep showing up.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
I have a hard time believing the view from the outside is different considering Stoops was literally laughed out of Texas A&M. Honestly, one of the most embarrassing things I have seen a coach endure.

But, its very obvious that the TAM boosters were correct in running him off, considering TAM is in first place in the SEC and Stoops has a losing record.

If UK fans want a new coach that's fine, but comparing ATM's roster to UK's isn't comparing apples to apples. That controversial class that had the highest point totals ever are now Jr's and in their real money year. Yes they had a few transfer out but still an elite roster.

If UK fans want a new coach that's fine, but comparing ATM's roster to UK's isn't comparing apples to apples. That controversial class that had the highest point totals ever are now Jr's and in their real money year. Yes they had a few transfer out but still an elite roster.
No Doubt about that Grumpy. But 12 years and the slide has been pretty consistent over the last 3 years. Coen wanted out very badly - and we can see why. Kentucky will never be a Georgia, Bama type program - because we didn;t put money in the program the last 50 years. But we can build a competitive team - Stoops has proven that. After reviewing the game tonight, I was in attendance last night, it wasn't as bad as I thought in reality. I have said and many others as well - the strength of our program early was the offensive line was capable - we have been in a slide ever since we lost John Schlarman. We haven't developed a strong line. I think we are a competitive offensive line away from being a really good team right now. But how long will we get decent players in other areas if our offensive line doesn't improve? The defense can only take not getting support so long until it will start to go down also. We need new blood and fire in the program.

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT