ADVERTISEMENT

So realistically what will happen?

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
This will be a losing season and no bowl game most likely. Fans are getting tired of year in year out disappointments. We recruit middle of the road SEC players and have no chance of ever seeing the playoffs but have one of the highest paid coaches in America with a long term contract. Is there any hope left for UK football. Dedicated and loyal ticket holders deserve better. Fans everywhere deserve better.

Best hope is Stoops leaves on his own and we hire a coach for about half his bloated annual salary (similar to Popes down from Cals n bball) and that extra 4 million a year is better put elsewhere to help improve the program.

I'm still not sure UK will be able to raise enough NIL to ever be a top tier sec program. I said on another thread we will all die without seeing them win one sec or national title. The playoff is more of a Grey area for me as I expect it to keep on expanding. Maybe we sneak in one season if it goes to 24 teams but don't see it with 12.

Our lazy, moronic AD has us in yet another horrible situation where the coach has ALL the leverage & the school is handcuffed by the coach’s awful contract & insane buyout. MB doesn’t have the balls to fire anyone. So, our only hope is that Stoops leaves on his own or we take matters into our own hands & force him to coach in an empty stadium next season. But, MB needs to go, himself. ASAP. His contracts aren’t just bad. They hold the school hostage & set the programs back, years. It’s insane to me that he hasn’t had to answer for them & has free reign to continue the madness. Just one contract this damaging should be enough to lose a job.

Last edited:
No one has really answered your question. I’m not sure I can either. But it’s very close to 50/50 that stoops puts his head down and really goes to work to fix this shit for next season…..or he decides to move on/retire.

Reactions: TNCatfanforever
No one has really answered your question. I’m not sure I can either. But it’s very close to 50/50 that stoops puts his head down and really goes to work to fix this shit for next season…..or he decides to move on/retire.
That would be the best option at this point. Got to have a dynamic QB from the portal and a much more creative OC.

Realistically what will happen is that Stoops won’t change anything and he will coach the next 2 years. Nothing I have seen has shown he thinks he has a philosophy problem. He is coaching the same way today that he did on day one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT