ADVERTISEMENT

So in the long run, who ends up the better player, Travis Perry or Joey Hart ?

I'm just glad we got them both. Let's keep these guys in the program for a few years and build some continuity with a nice core group of role players.

Both of these guys will eventually be rotation players. I like both pickups.
Agreed

I’m just glad we have 2 guys who can shoot, and spend a couple years developing. They seem like guys who other schools have that step in year 3/4 and keep success rolling.
We've got a decent core set for next year:

Sheppard
Fland
Hart
Perry
Thiero
Burks
Cyril

Add Quaintance, Knox, Richmond, and maybe bring back Onyenso. Add one more grad transfer on top of that group.

Reactions: Jazzycat and G-PIP
Impossible to say at this point. But I really like the skill sets of both, particularly shooting, and their potential as CBB players. I'd like to see Hart get stronger and more mobile which will improve reaction time, but I think that will come with time and experience. And it would be nice if Perry was a couple of inches taller, but that quick release and decisiveness he shows more than makes up for that, I think.

We've got a decent core set for next year:

Sheppard
Fland
Hart
Perry
Thiero
Burks
Cyril

Add Quaintance, Knox, Richmond, and maybe bring back Onyenso. Add one more grad transfer on top of that group.
I like that core too. But I believe that the transfer portal is the key remaining piece to the results in the 2024-25 season. Since immediate eligibility is no longer restricted to just Grad Transfers, I think you’re going to continue to see the best 2G and SF one-year options coming from there.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I like that core too. But I believe that the transfer portal is the key remaining piece to the results in the 2024-25 season. Since immediate eligibility is no longer restricted to just Grad Transfers, I think you’re going to continue to see the best 2G and SF one-year options coming from there.
Good post. I already like the thought of Sheppard, Fland, and Thiero playing together. We just need a guy like Quaintance to hold down the interior. Add maybe one more high level wing from the portal, and let Thiero play the 4 spot.

Reactions: Jazzycat and G-PIP
I live in the area, so I am able to see the Lyons play several times a year. Travis Perry is fun to watch, and reminds me of a player I saw in my early teens, Louie Dampier. Perry is listed at 6'2", but is, to my eyes, only 6'0". I think that he will be measured at 5'11" without shoes and 6'0" with shoes at next season's pro day. I think Perry can fill a role as he is the best outside shooter I have ever seen in person. I like him better than KyKy Tandy of a few years ago, whom I saw many times during his high school career. I just hope that fans will let Perry fill his role as a deadly shooter off the bench, as he is unlikely to be a starter in his career at Kentucky. Remember, he is a coach's son.... these guys have a knowledge of the game that other more athletic guys don't have. I think that Kentucky will recruit guards who are bigger, stronger, quicker, and more athletic than Perry, but he can be a glue guy who is buckets when open. I think that playing for Kentucky means more to native Kentuckians than do outsiders who see Lexington, Kentucky as a temporary stopover of a few months they must endure in order to get to the NBA. Hopefully, we will enjoy 4 years of Travis Perry, and as I think that the Coach Cal era is coming to an end in 2-3 years, Travis Perry can bridge the transition from the old coach to whomever new coach is brought in.

I'm admittedly, but justifiably one of the biggest critics of in-state talent. However, in the last few years there seems to be a renaissance of the talent level in the state.

I live in the area, so I am able to see the Lyons play several times a year. Travis Perry is fun to watch, and reminds me of a player I saw in my early teens, Louie Dampier. Perry is listed at 6'2", but is, to my eyes, only 6'0". I think that he will be measured at 5'11" without shoes and 6'0" with shoes at next season's pro day. I think Perry can fill a role as he is the best outside shooter I have ever seen in person. I like him better than KyKy Tandy of a few years ago, whom I saw many times during his high school career. I just hope that fans will let Perry fill his role as a deadly shooter off the bench, as he is unlikely to be a starter in his career at Kentucky. Remember, he is a coach's son.... these guys have a knowledge of the game that other more athletic guys don't have. I think that Kentucky will recruit guards who are bigger, stronger, quicker, and more athletic than Perry, but he can be a glue guy who is buckets when open. I think that playing for Kentucky means more to native Kentuckians than do outsiders who see Lexington, Kentucky as a temporary stopover of a few months they must endure in order to get to the NBA. Hopefully, we will enjoy 4 years of Travis Perry, and as I think that the Coach Cal era is coming to an end in 2-3 years, Travis Perry can bridge the transition from the old coach to whomever new coach is brought in.
If you look at players that are high flying dunking machine as your type of player you'll be disappointed with Travis Perry. I describe him as a non descriptive type kid, does nothing great except shoot but does everything good without flash. Every game I 've seen I 'm always shocked when I see his stats. He seem to play well against all competition. I will be totally surprised if he's not on the floor at the end of games, maybe not the first year, but by his second. Great kid with a tremendous basketball IQ great attitude and teammate in the locker room also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT