ADVERTISEMENT

So I read elsewhere that Chin may be leaving

Was a fan of Chin, personally. Watched him lead the team through warm ups prior to the High Point game. He had a word for each player and you could tell the team was responding to him. We spent so much of season well prepared and actually made adjustments that won games. In my mind, Chin was responsible for that.

Of course, I could be wrong and John Calipari was the one doing all that, but somehow I doubt it.

I took it the opposite way of what some of you all are saying. Seems to me after Chin arrived he was nothing but a disruptive force. I didn’t see the other coaches acting the way he did except for the strength coach.

I heard all the “you need to have some fire” arguments. That’s not a good look in setting an example of togetherness for the young men you’re coaching.. You know, the way actual good teams play.

Instead we had a couple hot heads well I say good riddance we’d be better off looking elsewhere. Acting like that come on now

I took it the opposite way of what some of you all are saying. Seems to me after Chin arrived he was nothing but a disruptive force. I didn’t see the other coaches acting the way he did except for the strength coach.

I heard all the “you need to have some fire” arguments. That’s not a good look in setting an example of togetherness for the young men you’re coaching.. You know, the way actual good teams play.

Instead we had a couple hot heads well I say good riddance we’d be better off looking elsewhere. Acting like that come on now
Uh you realize that hothead Cal is who he was fighting with so should Cal go too.

giphy.gif
Chin to Cal: Let’s design some in bounds plays today coach.
Cal to Chin : WHAAAAAAT!

9-16 and losing to the Peacocks is enough.How long are people going to let him live off his early success.
One more year because he has had success. Like I said Chin on the other hand hasn’t done jack.

Matter of fact Chins been a part of bad and disappointing teams his entire career. Spanning all of about 10 years. So I really fail to see the adoration and defense of him in here, to me he doesn’t deserve any leniency

Cal has heard the noise and knows he has to change I am going to choose to believe he makes the changes, if he doesn’t then it’s definitely time to move on
That’s the problem. You are going to choose to believe it. Why? Because you want to. There is no evidence, no indication at all that it will occur. You just hope to believe it into reality.

That’s the problem. You are going to choose to believe it. Why? Because you want to. There is no evidence, no indication at all that it will occur. You just hope to believe it into reality.
Because calipari is going to be our coach whether we like it or not, if he doesn’t make the changes that he is a ignorant SOB and Kentucky has to do something, but for now Kentucky is stuck with him, I am Kentucky I am always going to believe in Kentucky, there is to much noise for calipari to not atleast some changes

I get it if I get the people saying he isn’t going to change it not really confident at all he will, but I love Kentucky so much it fools me into belief I will believe up until the season starts, and during the season the cycle will repeat

I get it if I get the people saying he isn’t going to change it not really confident at all he will, but I love Kentucky so much it fools me into belief I will believe up until the season starts, and during the season the cycle will repeat
I mean, as long as you are prepared for disappointment then. Good for you I guess. Haha

Seriously though, in my experience if Cal has “heard the complaints” then in my experience he is more likely just double down on whatever he was doing because his ego drives him to prove people wrong more than anything. Success, in Cal’s mind, is “I’m right and you’re wrong.”

Last edited:
Reactions: delk4three
I dated a narcissist for 9 months. They don't like to be to be challenged at all.

And yes, Cal is a narcissist. It's so wild after you date one you can sniff one out
so is Pitino, K, Roy, Saban and almost every other top coach in every sport
so yea i agree they are easy to spot

Reactions: Farsight
I mean, as long as you are prepared for disappointment then. Good for you I guess. Haha

Seriously though, in my experience of Cal has “heard the complaints” then in my experience he is more likely just double down on whatever he was doing because his ego drives him to prove people wrong more than anything. Success, in Cal’s mind, is “I’m right and you’re wrong.”
I’m fully prepared to be back in the same spot next year, I will believe in Kentucky no matter what, and my hope is a lot of the media outlets plus some NBA people calling him out will finally make him change

Reactions: RondoBaller21
If so that’s fine. I would like to see a guy hired that has an obvious connection to a transfer or a star HS player. Chin and O have been on staff a year. Besides maybe Livingston I can’t think of the recruiting results we expected with that change.
Uh....
Sharpe
Cason Wallace
Chris Livingston

And we go TyTy last due to Chin
Cockburn was ours for the taking due to Chin/Orlando....

These dudes are rackng up talent in short time.

You should have assistants for 1 of 2 reasons. 1: they get recruits. 2: they manage a particular aspect of preparation better than the coach is able to/has the capacity to. Payne was the big man guru, Robic was the game plan guru, etc. If we're not using them for #2, why the heck don't we just sell out on number one and keep an open slot for a top recruit's family member?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I’m fully prepared to be back in the same spot next year, I will believe in Kentucky no matter what, and my hope is a lot of the media outlets plus some NBA people calling him out will finally make him change
What does believing in Kentucky even mean? Kentucky is a thing. You don’t need to “believe” in it because it is a factual reality. There is no need to believe in things that are provable or disprovable.

What does believing in Kentucky even mean? Kentucky is a thing. You don’t need to “believe” in it because it is a factual reality. There is no need to believe in things that are provable or disprovable.
I get the concerns and why people are mad, but if you don’t believe in your team why even be a fan. Why root for something if you don’t believe in it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT