ADVERTISEMENT

So does this team get a name if it wins a title?

Clearly there’s no identifiable trait that will stick to this team. I like these guys, but they’re a hodgepodge of randomness. Nothing wrong with that…
Definitely one of my favorite teams under Cal. After UK beat KU, Washington was holding up the “KENTUCKY” across his chest! That’s what I like to see, even if it is for one year.

Reactions: kl40504
The Redeemers.

Or something that highlights last years woes, and how Kentucky, if a title is won, had the greatest one-year turnaround in the history of college ball. 9 win team to a title. You have to name them something around that.

These are all terrible and every last one of you belongs in the corner of shame 😆

shame-corner.gif

no it’s perfect. Has one of the all time rebounders, rebounding from an awful season, and some of these guys came from crap programs and have become something.

omg, we’re the rebounders.
I like the Redeemables, Oscar redeemed his image. Cal redeemed his coaching abilities, the guys from last year redeemed theirselves and win/loss %, it fits great.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
As the oldest team in Kentucky history it’d have to be something related to that: The AARCats

Reactions: UK90
Duke already has the Ass beaters on lock. Or the pounders whatever you wanna call what they do.
Yes. You got this correct!! Duke are the FudgePackers, FudgePeckers, or something along those lines with many of their NCAA tourney games being called by the one and only BillyFudgePacker! On their rings they wear so proudly say the Fighting FudgePackers! Ya can’t make this stuff up lol! Most basketball teams have guards and forwards.. Duke has some pitching and some catching! It’s a good team nickname that’s appropriate for those Devils!

Last edited:
Whatever the nickname is, it should reflect the fact that this team has brought fun back to Kentucky basketball. They are such an immensely likable, selfless team. One thing I keep saying to myself after yet another blowout victory is "I'm grinning and UK is winning." Oscar, Sahvir, et al are such classy players and are clearly enjoying their experience at UK.

You guys can name them whatever you'd like, but I call this team "Grin and Win".

"The ones who transcend the laws of time and space"

...because it is metaphysically impossible for that bum Cal to win a championship without a once in a lifetime player. I asked the psychic hobo who lives in front of the Sunoco.
Oscar may be a once in a lifetime rebounder.

Oscar may be a once in a lifetime rebounder.
The goalposts will keep moving for what is spiritually and metaphysically possible (necessary conditions for a championship), as will Cal's status over time

He will move on up from "absolutely terrible top 15 coach of all time" to "mediocre top 15 coach of all time" to "halfway decent top 15 coach of all time", and hell, who knows where it goes from there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT