ADVERTISEMENT

So Chuck Smith can't recruit Boyle Co

Might be time to free up another coaching spot with someone who can recruit. Brown and Smith -----> Please leave now.

BIG cultural difference between Danville and LA LA land. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dawson back in the Commonwealth in a year or two (when all the glitter and gold wears off.)

If he doesnt stay out of Compton there is a chance he will never be back. That place is dangerous.

It is supposed to be a pretty rough part of town. And according to the report on Bleacher Report Kiffin could still be in some trouble with the NCAA over the Orange Pride. I'm sure he is their favorite jerk after making fun of them at UT and now ignoring their recruiting sanctions to have a good year or two before he skips out again.

Makes me seriously worry about Dawson and his parents judgement or priorities.

Chuck Smith has headed up recruiting at UK while they have shown vast improvement with a lot of handicaps (lack of tradition, facilities, and support fron the admin) which I think is the real reason UK has problems recruiting anywhere. I think Joker AND Smith are doing a good job with the circumstances, they are definitely raising our talent level. AND Smith has sent several LBs to the pros, one three star but mostly two stars, with a 5.3 two star that led the SEC in tackles and made All American that thought enough of him to turn down millions and come back.

But he should be fired because of a teenagers choice. Right. No wonder UK football has problems.

i don't think the merit of a coach to the program should rest with Dawson's decision...
it never sounded like we had a shot and i think the kid did us a service not putting it out there till NSD... had he said "not interested" two months ago it could have created more negativity among fans. as it was he didn't create any influence pro or con regarding recruiting... LD said he was never interested in UK (according to LV) and i like how he handled it...

if Smith is let go i hope it's not because of a singular reason ... LD
i don't know the guy, don't know him as a person, coach, or recruiter. i'd guess 99% on here know as much about Chuck Smith as I do.... not a damn thing. if he's cut loose as some say he should then that's Jokers decision...

Since Dawson never had any intention of coming to UK, the absolute worst thing he could do is exactly what he did, drag it out to the very end. If he had simply informed Chuck Smith or Joker early on, they could have moved on to other targets & the fan base would be long over "losing" him.
Unfortunately, he took a ham-handed approach that likely left bad feelings with the UK coaches & fans.

USC is over priced and best thing they have to offer educational wise is their film school. I have been to the campus several times visiting the Speilberg and Lucas buildings. The campus is surrounded by ghetto. Good luck Dawson and stay out of trouble.

Dawson better hope he doesnt have to come back to Kentucky with his hat in hand looking for employment. Kentucky fans have a long memory.

Funny...I think I read where LD said that if it had not been for Chuck Smith that we would of not even been in consideration..Strange ..Maybe it is on someone elses head...Like?????????
Originally posted by FullBuck:
Might be time to free up another coaching spot with someone who can recruit. Brown and Smith -----> Please leave now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT