ADVERTISEMENT

So...anyone know what kind of recruiting class Baylor has this year?

FirewithFire

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Since it appears that Mitch backdoored his buddy into a multi million dollar job I have to wonder what kind of recruits they have that might come to UK with Drew. I don't really follow recruiting close but I know some here do. Just wondering if they might have some studs we can steal.

Since it appears that Mitch backdoored his buddy into a multi million dollar job I have to wonder what kind of recruits they have that might come to UK with Drew. I don't really follow recruiting close but I know some here do. Just wondering if they might have some studs we can steal.
Third ranked class (Edgecombe looks really good). If Drew comes and brings his players with him (on top of anything we should add in the portal), we should be very competitive next year. Also read that Baylor was in on Quaintance before he picked us so if Drew is the pick, also makes it more likely that Quaintance sticks with his UK commitment.

Third ranked class (Edgecombe looks really good). If Drew comes and brings his players with him (on top of anything we should add in the portal), we should be very competitive next year. Also read that Baylor was in on Quaintance before he picked us so if Drew is the pick, also makes it more likely that Quaintance sticks with his UK commitment.
and Donovan isn’t bringing ANYONE with him and would be very behind in regards to the portal waiting for the Bulls season to end.

You’ll probably be upset to hear that Drew has a great recruiting class that could come with him. Better than what Donovan could bring.

He’s had a few good recruited classes lumped together but before that it was pretty low. If it is him, hopefully he knows how to use the NIL money Craft is offering

Yep, that seems to be one plus with Drew. If he can get his commits from the incoming class to come to UK, you’d have:

SG - VJ Edgecombe, 6’5. Long Island, NY. #5 rated player in class.

SF - Jason Asemota, 6’9. Glendale, AZ. #23 rated

PG - Robert Wright III, 5’11. Monteverde, FL. #24 rated.

There’s some good incoming pieces. Maybe He could get Travis Perry & JQ to honor their commitments? Then crush the portal.

Can he convince Reed and Z to stay another year and keep Perry in the fold. Those would be icing on the cake.

His #3 class might move up to #2 if Calipari's class falls apart as it appears it might. But, I think we need better balance regarding recruits versus portal players. Future NCAA champs are going to be heavy on transfers with just a few quality freshmen mixed in. NIL is going to be critical.

40 straight like dude above said. 1st year. Drew Scott has this shit man
Beam me up Scotty!
(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)💨

Last few posts touch on what concerns me most about Drew. Some Baylor fans were concerned that he seemed to have taken a bite of the one and done apple the last couple of years. He won a title with a team of upper classmen, not Charmin soft freshmen.

I hope he remembers his roots and can use the pieces of both classes for a nucleus to build a team around.

Freshmen are really what we need.It has worked so well lately.
Nobody has mentioned depending on just freshmen. I do realize it's easier to win arguments against
stupid positions nobody is taking but you can do better than this.

If Drew could get/keep these players, I think we could have a great team.

Keep our players: Reed, Adou, Z
Keep our recruits: JQ, Fland, Perry, Richmond (?)
His players: Edgecombe, Asemota, Wright and his great current players

I know that's a lot of freshmen, but use them mixed in with upper classmen.

Last few posts touch on what concerns me most about Drew. Some Baylor fans were concerned that he seemed to have taken a bite of the one and done apple the last couple of years. He won a title with a team of upper classmen, not Charmin soft freshmen.

I hope he remembers his roots and can use the pieces of both classes for a nucleus to build a team around.
Oh no more OAD teams please. 15 years of it were enough thank you.

If Drew could get/keep these players, I think we could have a great team.

Keep our players: Reed, Adou, Z
Keep our recruits: JQ, Fland, Perry, Richmond (?)
His players: Edgecombe, Asemota, Wright and his great current players

I know that's a lot of freshmen, but use them mixed in with upper classmen.
I think Richmond is gone. Isn’t he one where Cal coached his dad or something like that?

I might have heard that wrong, in any event Richmond isn’t one I’d mind trading a portal player for.

Very solid, 3 five stars I belive and rated higher per player than ours. Plus he recruited JQ which is a plus.

Can he convince Reed and Z to stay another year and keep Perry in the fold. Those would be icing on the cake.
JQ as well. I would love the prospect of Edgecomb, Perry, Reed, Z, and JQ to build around. Get a bunch of older studs in here to compliment them and we would be solid. I highly doubt Reed returns but still that core would be sick.

Reactions: susan2361
Even Joe B. Hall started a freshman or two (Robey for sure) back when they first became eligible. That worked out pretty well when he was a senior. A couple of good freshman is fine with older players.

Reactions: FirewithFire
I think you will be surprised at who comes out of the portal. Portal players didn’t want to play behind Cals freshman. I understand that without the 33 mil buyout and some big boosters who walked away after the kneeling episode are back on board NIL money is abundant
What kneeling episode?

What kneeling episode?

usatsi_15414448.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT