ADVERTISEMENT

So...anyone know what kind of recruiting class Baylor has this year?

Yep, that seems to be one plus with Drew. If he can get his commits from the incoming class to come to UK, you’d have:

SG - VJ Edgecombe, 6’5. Long Island, NY. #5 rated player in class.

SF - Jason Asemota, 6’9. Glendale, AZ. #23 rated

PG - Robert Wright III, 5’11. Monteverde, FL. #24 rated.

There’s some good incoming pieces. Maybe He could get Travis Perry & JQ to honor their commitments? Then crush the portal.

Yes please.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Billy will get the recruits! That man can coach.... we been getting recruits for years and see wtf it got us.....

He's a great recruiter. And getting them to Baylor is even more impressive.

But we need to think bigger than just next year's class. That's the kind of flawed thinking that Cal tried to brainwash us with.

Reactions: chroix
Wild how 48 hours ago everyone on here hated freshman and now everyone is trying to land more

You think people hated Reed and Rob? Fox and Monk? Pretty sure most of us hated seeing the talent wasted by an egomaniac. GTFO with that garbage.

Last few posts touch on what concerns me most about Drew. Some Baylor fans were concerned that he seemed to have taken a bite of the one and done apple the last couple of years. He won a title with a team of upper classmen, not Charmin soft freshmen.

I hope he remembers his roots and can use the pieces of both classes for a nucleus to build a team around.
The fact that he only has three recruits (all 5 stars) signed tells me he is banking on guys already on the team or transfers to field his team. If so, isn't that the recipe for success these days?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT