ADVERTISEMENT

So, Antonio Reeves anyone?

I dont understand the people bashing Reeves.

1. He is a great player, someone we definitely could use next year.
2. We dont know his personal situation. There could be many factors he is dealing with that we know nothing about.

For all my Ted Lasso fans: "Be curious, not judgmental"

Why? Because he didn’t keep you informed of his every step?

Because he’s not fully bought in to the team and program. Because he knows he’s not being drafted but contemplating between us and another team this far into the summer. At this point, he needs us more than we need him. 😊

Having Reeves on next year's roster gains us a +3-5 wins.

Of course any fan who cares about actually winning would want that type of output from a win/loss standpoint.

Plus, Cal's making no real movies on guys like Jaylen Forbes, so we will need Reeves more than ever.

Reactions: kyjeff1
You get Reeves back and Cyril also, and this thing could be turned around.

Go small to start the season until Bradshaw returns:

G - Dillingham
G - Wagner
G - Reeves
F - Edwards
C - Onyenso

giphy.gif

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Lost a lot of respect for him, stringing everyone along like this. Either say you’re coming back or leaving!

Seems pretty straightforward, he cannot transfer until he finishes his classes this summer. He’s currently taking those classes at Illinois state. Once he’s done, he can grad transfer!

All that to say 0% chance he returns.
Not anymore. He just moved back into his dorm at Kentucky. So he's going to live in Lexington while finishing classes in Normal, Illinois?

I am counting him as gone.

Right now we have the seven Freshmen and Onyenso and Thiero.

We will probably add Cyril to make 10 true scholarship players.

I think that may be it.

Canada was added to scholarship too. Cyril would make it 12 now with Reeves, which is a good amount of depth, albeit untested.

Guess he had to get back for a couple weeks practice before Canada.. Now lets get the Bradshaw stuff settled, and we might end up with a very good team this year.. Add Somto, and maybe one more.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Lost a lot of respect for him, stringing everyone along like this. Either say you’re coming back or leaving!
Why have this attitude, though? Reeves is never going to the NBA. He probably realize that during workouts this year. That put him into a situation where he understood the need to maximize his earnings next year before he plays professionally overseas.

Is it worth waiting a month to find a spot that might give you $100,000 more for one year of work in such a scenario?

Answer: yes.

Reactions: dl51344
Because he’s not fully bought in to the team and program. Because he knows he’s not being drafted but contemplating between us and another team this far into the summer. At this point, he needs us more than we need him. 😊
How do you know any of this? Rumors? I don't see how any of us could possibly know for sure what AR is saying or thinking.

Guess he had to get back for a couple weeks practice before Canada.. Now lets get the Bradshaw stuff settled, and we might end up with a very good team this year.. Add Somto, and maybe one more.
The dream:

Reeves returns (now looks likely)
Cyril is added (very probable)
Add Tre Mitchell, the stretch-four from West Virginia who shot 36% from three last year. He's also a kid who as a freshman and sophomore, averaged around 18-19 points per game.

I'd actually prefer him over Bradshaw if given the choice.

How do you know any of this? Rumors? I don't see how any of us could possibly know for sure what AR is saying or thinking.

He enrolled for summer classes at another school, the school he was at before us. Everyone else has decided but him. No rumors here.

If Reeves is back, that’s huge. We need that guy. Now, for those that keep bringing up 1-15, keep in mind, AR was never supposed to be the one to shoulder the team, he was just supposed to be a bench player that came in for 15mpg, but he won some big games for us.

He’s not supposed to be a lead guy on the 23/24 team either, so keep that in mind. He’s a role player that has the potential to play much better than that.

He enrolled for summer classes at another school, the school he was at before us. Everyone else has decided but him. No rumors here.
So you're going to hold a grudge against him because he waited a few extra weeks?

If Oscar goes undrafted and returns, are you going to be upset with him, too?

Reactions: thedahc and kyjeff1
Dillingham is 6’0 150 pounds, and is a wildcard. He is gonna be good sometimes and he is going to be terrible soemtimes and people on here will hate on him when he is and and wish reeves was back. Dillingham does not play awesome defense, nobody in that OTE league does. I don’t get why a group on here don’t want a 14 ppg, 40 percent 3 point shooter back who has scored over 1000 points in college because he shot bad in one game
I want reeves back. He and dilly don’t even play the same position. I am just saying there are things dillingham can do the AR can’t.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Yeah, well it is now confirmed he is at UK and has moved in.

You cant trust every rumor you hear.

The dream:

Reeves returns (now looks likely)
Cyril is added (very probable)
Add Tre Mitchell, the stretch-four from West Virginia who shot 36% from three last year. He's also a kid who as a freshman and sophomore, averaged around 18-19 points per game.

I'd actually prefer him over Bradshaw if given the choice.
Tre mitchell would be perfect, lot of mixed reports on whether he enters the portal or not, if he does go all out for him

If Reeves is back, that’s huge. We need that guy. Now, for those that keep bringing up 1-15, keep in mind, AR was never supposed to be the one to shoulder the team, he was just supposed to be a bench player that came in for 15mpg, but he won some big games for us.

He’s not supposed to be a lead guy on the 23/24 team either, so keep that in mind. He’s a role player that has the potential to play much better than that.
You're right. As a 4th option, Reeves is perfect. As a second option (which is what he was last season), it gets dicey real quick.

You're right. As a 4th option, Reeves is perfect. As a second option (which is what he was last season), it gets dicey real quick.
Better dribble penetration this year will help and depth to sit him without losing too much on the scoring side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT