ADVERTISEMENT

So, Antonio Reeves anyone?

It's really strange.

How do our "insiders" and "beat writers/reporters" not have so much as an update in 2 weeks?

It's wild to me actually.

For a program that Matt Jones "claims" is in disarray, they sure do have a tight lid on information. Those 2 things don't usually go hand-in-hand.

It's really strange.

How do our "insiders" and "beat writers/reporters" not have so much as an update in 2 weeks?

For a program that Matt Jones "claims" is in disarray, they sure do have a tight lid on information. Those 2 things don't usually go hand-in-hand.
What are you trying to say?

It's annoying for sure. Our players should be decided by now. Well before "now", actually.

On one hand, I'd like to see staff put the screws to him.. but at the same time, if they do that, it probably pushes Reeves elsewhere.. and while I'm kind of indifferent at this point, we REALLY need Reeves experience next year.

It's really strange.

The only thing I have seen is the Michigan guy saying he thinks reeves graduates in 2 weeks and announces he is going to enter the portal

What are you trying to say?

That either we have the worst "insiders" and "Beat writers" in the country (whose job it is to do some digging, call in favors, etc. and report on this stuff), OR that the program is not in disarray like Matt Jones stated.

Programs in "disarray" have info leaks all over the place, with no mechanism to handle information that flows in and out. (like the Brooklyn Nets with Kyrie and KD, they had a new story, issue, etc, almost every day because that franchise was in total disarray and Steve Nash had no clue what he was doing. The Miami Heat, on the other hand, Pat Riley and Spoelstra run a tight ship and they almost never have those kinds of issues).

So I am saying it's either one or the other IMO.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
I am counting him as gone.

Right now we have the seven Freshmen and Onyenso and Thiero.

We will probably add Cyril to make 10 true scholarship players.

I think that may be it.

Reactions: ukfan041
It's really strange.

Great point

If he is trying this hard to leave and ends up coming back only because he can’t go anywhere else, I gotta think it’s gonna cause chemistry issues. Having a guy around the team that’s miserable to be there isn’t healthy for the rest of them. He has shown his hand, he’s out first chance he gets, so cut him loose. I have never seen it drawn out this long when a guy is happy to play for the name on the front of the jersey.

That either we have the worst "insiders" and "Beat writers" in the country (whose job it is to do some digging, call in favors, etc. and report on this stuff), OR that the program is not in disarray like Matt Jones stated.

Programs in "disarray" have info leaks all over the place, with no mechanism to handle information that flows in and out. (like the Brooklyn Nets with Kyrie and KD, they had a new story, issue, etc, almost every day because that franchise was in total disarray and Steve Nash had no clue what he was doing. The Miami Heat, on the other hand, Pat Riley and Spoelstra run a tight ship and they almost never have those kinds of issues).

So I am saying it's either one or the other IMO.
I think it’s safe to say our insiders suck. They get way more wrong then correct

I don't want him. Why would anyone want a guy on this young team that obviously doesn't want to be here? That's a huge risk to a likely fragile team chemistry. IMO, Reeves return would be more of a risk than his absence.
If they didn’t need him I would agree. Kentucky needs him, unless you want to rely solely on dillingham

What did he the game before that?
Looks like he got 22 points in a game that’s absolutely meaningless right now. A game we hung on to win btw.
Agree to disagree on this one. Sorry but he just couldn’t get it done in a LOT of big games when we desperately needed him and it wasn’t just Kansas state

Looks like he got 22 points in a game that’s absolutely meaningless right now. A game we hung on to win btw.
Agree to disagree on this one. Sorry but he just couldn’t get it done in a LOT of big games when we desperately needed him and it wasn’t just Kansas state
He was one of the main reasons the season turned around. The whole team outside of Oscar sucked against k-state. Bad shooting games happen. Dillingham is gonna have alot of bad shooting teams as well.

Reactions: thedahc
I get that they need him, My opinion is they may just be better of without him. Cal is playing the freshman, period. How's Reeves gonna handle less min?? Wheeler 2.0?
Reeves would play 20-25 maybe even more mins, and get a lot of shots I don’t know what else he wants, he isn’t going to be a creator on any team, Michigan is going to have off ball to same with Indiana

Reactions: SemperFiCat
He was one of the main reasons the season turned around. The whole team outside of Oscar sucked against k-state. Bad shooting games happen. Dillingham is gonna have alot of bad shooting teams as well.

You can not reason with most of the fanbase these days. A good portion of them wanted reeves and Oscar both gone and without them Kentucky would have been worse than the 9-17 season.

It's obvious he doesn't want to return so he should get the hell out.If it's his only choice it will be another Wheeler situation.

You can not reason with most of the fanbase these days. A good portion of them wanted reeves and Oscar both gone and without them Kentucky would have been worse than the 9-17 season.
I’m as vocal a cal hater as any but not wanting a guy back because he shot bad one game, when he was the dang reason they were in that game to begin with is crazy, and not wanting a NPOY back is crazy also

Fans don't want Reeves gone.
Reeves wants Reeves gone.
In no way is he being "run off"
Exploring his draft stock should have ended the minute he didn't get invited to the combine.
At that point he should have returned to UK and assumed the leadership role on next year's team.
If having the #1 recruiting class coming in turned him off it just proves he is selfish and has no confidence in his own game.
His play on the court would have determined his minutes even if Cal wanted him to start the season as 6th man.
Better players than him have been the 6th man at UK.

What would be worse...Reeves transferring to another program or having to return to UK because he couldn't get eligible to transfer to the program of his choice?
We could be stuck with a kid who is miserable and doesn't really want to be here. That's potential chemistry trouble waiting to happen.
I've just resigned myself to the fact that we are going to be dealing with off-season drama like this every year as long as Calipari remains head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT