ADVERTISEMENT

Slight Update on Big Z and Thiero

Good to have Thiero back, although again, I feel like this should be a bit more clear. A week after a concussion you're generally either fine, or there's a lot more of an issue with it. Like if he's back on the court practicing then you have to assume he's fine. It's not a lower body injury that can be tweaked or overused.

And trying to decipher the last bit. It sounds like Big Z is getting close to being cleared. Seems like Cal thinks it could be, and maybe should be, any day now. So thats a good sign maybe, even if we don't have him for Kansas.

That sounds like Thiero is not likely to play to me. Doesn't really matter. Even with him, we probably have little chance of handling HD. We are basically playing without a frontcourt, so....

• Haha
Reactions: WildcatFan60
Good to have Thiero back, although again, I feel like this should be a bit more clear. A week after a concussion you're generally either fine, or there's a lot more of an issue with it. Like if he's back on the court practicing then you have to assume he's fine. It's not a lower body injury that can be tweaked or overused.

And trying to decipher the last bit. It sounds like Big Z is getting close to being cleared. Seems like Cal thinks it could be, and maybe should be, any day now. So thats a good sign maybe, even if we don't have him for Kansas.

The 2nd part is my biggest takeaway. Sounds like Cal got some bit of an update where he expects it to be really soon- the question is, if he gets cleared (for instance) at lunch time tomorrow, does Cal play him against Kansas?

That sounds like Thiero is not likely to play to me. Doesn't really matter. Even with him, we probably have little chance of handling HD. We are basically playing without a frontcourt, so....

The question was essentially, "Does Thiero play tomorrow" and he said he thinks he'll be fine, so idk how you took that as he WON'T play tomorrow but fair enough.

The question was essentially, "Does Thiero play tomorrow" and he said he thinks he'll be fine, so idk how you took that as he WON'T play tomorrow but fair enough.
I don't know how you take "will be fine" as he IS playing tomorrow. I mean, you might take it that way from someone else, but not Cal.

The NCAA has return to play protocols much like HS does, or the NFL for that matter. Light jogging, sprinting, sport related non-contact, full go...basically the gauntlet to get cleared if he was diagnosed with a concussion. So, it's basically a five day process to get cleared from the moment of no symptoms, assuming symptoms don't return during the return to play process.

The 2nd part is my biggest takeaway. Sounds like Cal got some bit of an update where he expects it to be really soon- the question is, if he gets cleared (for instance) at lunch time tomorrow, does Cal play him against Kansas?

I think you have to. If this was was apparently a throw-away game without our bigs to some folks, then what harm is there playing him? Just for the rebounding alone. Kentucky is just 1 big away from this game being a decent chance to win it, too. But without that big, it's going to be very tough.

He's already behind in practice and being with the team and now he's missed 2 games already. We need him to get his reps up so he's at least serviceable come SEC play (and hopefully better).

Cal being Cal. Him at least mentioning it, would lead me to believe he will be playing tomorrow.

Even if Z gets cleared, I really don’t see his first game being vs KU.
as long as he's been practicing with the team and has a potential role I don't see why he couldn't be inserted into the game at times to counter Dickerson, maybe lure him into some foul trouble.

as long as he's been practicing with the team and has a potential role I don't see why he couldn't be inserted into the game at times to counter Dickerson, maybe lure him into some foul trouble.
I don’t disagree, I’d just be shocked if Cal threw him out there the first time against KU.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Serious question. Does Cal have to re-teach players our in bounds play if they've been out for a stretch of games?

Not holding my breath on Z. No way he gets cleared before 9 tomorrow. And even if he does, I doubt he plays.

Even if he's a baby deer, I think you have to. His size alone makes it a tougher night for HD, albeit slightly.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
This article is dated October 11th, 2023, a Monday.

It states "Ivisic will arrive on Thursday", which I assume means October 14th, 2023.

As of today, this would mark day 31 since his campus arrival, meaning by Cal's own Tweet, the NCAA has until November 27th to decide.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
This article is dated October 11th, 2023, a Monday.

It states "Ivisic will arrive on Thursday", which I assume means October 14th, 2023.

As of today, this would mark day 31 since his campus arrival, meaning by Cal's own Tweet, the NCAA has until November 27th to decide.
Am I being over simplistic or just naive….why doesn’t Barnhart or someone in UKs power grid go to Indianapolis and get eyeball to eyeball with Charlie Baker?

My gosh, whatever happened to the ways business was conducted when there was an urgent issue?

Just sick of this tap dancing with the NCAA. Rant over…we’ll, for the time being.

And, if Z was cleared for the ku game…get him on the court!!! The guy knows how the game is played and you cannot convince me he along with the whole team would not benefit.

sorry fellow Cat fans…. I’m just pissed about the whole charade…..Rant over for now.

Last edited:
I don't know how you take "will be fine" as he IS playing tomorrow. I mean, you might take it that way from someone else, but not Cal.
That's because instead of listening to what Cal actually said, you take one snippet from the internet and try to interpret it. Cal went on to say "in this game, if we didn't have Adou, it would be really hard."

He was talking about players for tomorrow’s game. You can’t really beat that up to can you
He was talking about players for tomorrow’s game.it is obvious

Cal said the NCAA has 45 days to decide his eligibility, a period which will end in a couple weeks.

He went on to say he would play him and he deserves to...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT