ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day thread

Not sure what’s going on with Jyaire Hill, but the graphic on IG announcing a change in his signing time does not have Michigan among five logos at the bottom. Could be a mistake.

Not sure what’s going on with Jyaire Hill, but the graphic on IG announcing a change in his signing time does not have Michigan among five logos at the bottom. Could be a mistake.
I’m pretty sure it was mentioned he was just doing that for dramatic effect. Still going to Michigan

Actually, Rivals has him as the 83rd rated player in FL; NR nationally
More you read the harder to peg. Noticed another sight had him a little lower than 68 and now you point out NR with Rivals. His size and just how good he is hard to pin down. One sight I read said he was a DE so must have some quickness about him. But they also said he would eventually need to get bigger and play DT.

More you read the harder to peg. Noticed another sight had him a little lower than 68 and now you point out NR with Rivals. His size and just how good he is hard to pin down. One sight I read said he was a DE so must have some quickness about him. But they also said he would eventually need to get bigger and play DT.
Good thing is UK doesn't have to rush him, have good young guys in front of him. RS year and S/C and he takes the path of Saunders/Dinkins on move to DT. Really nice pick up for the future.

I hope he has enough speed to play similar to ZaDarius Smith. Not saying he’s that good. Just saying his measurables as of today are similar. We need QB pressure. I think we have interior guys to eat blocks and stop the run.

I hope he has enough speed to play similar to ZaDarius Smith. Not saying he’s that good. Just saying his measurables as of today are similar. We need QB pressure. I think we have interior guys to eat blocks and stop the run.
He appears to be faster than Z Smith.

Reactions: bballcat4
ESPN, the world leader in sports, posts that Hill will announce at 4:15 and list about six schools, none of which are UK.

We need a guy that can get us 12 sacks like Josh Allen could for this team in 2023. That's all we need. They need to focus every damn nil dollar they got left on whoever is available out there and get us somebody who can get after the quarterback every time.

We need all the pieces to line up. I'm tired of missing something.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Looks like all of the 15 current commits are signed but Shamar Porter. So I guess we're just waiting on him and any potential surprise early signees.
I am good friends with Shamar’s position coach and live right down the street from his head coach. The position coach who I have known for 27 years told me that unless Shamar really changes, said he will never make it at the SEC level. Has all the tools…size, speed and hands but shies away from contact. Looks all world in 7 on 7 but as soon as he gets hit, gets timid. Quote, “UK will chew him up and spit him out. He will be at 5 schools in 5 years because everyone will think they can change him.” . Said he is a great kid, great athlete, just not a great football player.

• Wow
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
A little surprised with Wilcox with the way we need runners. Would have a chance to play early here. We actually need a couple more runners IMO.

Gonna have to start eating Takis I guess. My nieces daughter gave me some once. It was BLUE!! And spicy! I can live with blue and spicy.

I am good friends with Shamar’s position coach and live right down the street from his head coach. The position coach who I have known for 27 years told me that unless Shamar really changes, said he will never make it at the SEC level. Has all the tools…size, speed and hands but shies away from contact. Looks all world in 7 on 7 but as soon as he gets hit, gets timid. Quote, “UK will chew him up and spit him out. He will be at 5 schools in 5 years because everyone will think they can change him.” . Said he is a great kid, great athlete, just not a great football player.
Guess we will find out quickly. Unless we add a transfer he is probably no 2 at one of the WR spots.

With all due respect and I'm not trying to call you out, but I guess l am...l find it very hard to believe that a kid's hs coach would say this unless there's some bad blood and he may be upset about him going to UK.

Reactions: Mash 2.4 and catben
With all due respect and I'm not trying to call you out, but I guess l am...l find it very hard to believe that a kid's hs coach would say this unless there's some bad blood and he may be upset about him going to UK.
Exactly what I thought. Could the coach have been trying to steer him elsewhere? Was the coach serving another program as a street agent? Did the coach lose some money in the process? The kid has a HS all star game coming up, guess we could check him out and see if he avoids contact in that game.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
No bad blood at all, especially about him going to UK. Hell, he told me he was coming before he had committed and praised UK’s coaches for the way they recruited….maybe upset as he felt they lost a couple of games trying to get him the ball when it seemed he didn’t want it. Check out his game stats, they definitely don’t jump off the charts. Over half of his season total yards came in 2 games. His big games were vs weak teams and did little vs the good teams.
Same guy told me we would love Barion Brown. We go on 3-4 hour bicycle rides together…lots of time to talk about a lot of things.
Nobody wants to be wrong about the kid more than myself and his HS coach.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Exactly what I thought. Could the coach have been trying to steer him elsewhere? Was the coach serving another program as a street agent? Did the coach lose some money in the process? The kid has a HS all star game coming up, guess we could check him out and see if he avoids contact in that game.
The coach who told me is an unpaid assistant, sits on the BoD for the school and is probably worth north of $50 million. I don’t think he’s worried about losing “street agent” money.

I think it’s common straight talk and not player bashing as it may read online. A John Hardin assistant told me similar about Matt Elam. “Raw and needs to be pushed to get places”.

IIRC, didn’t similar get said by Ox’s HS coach or trainer and get posted here? Didn’t like spending time in gym sorta thing

The coach who told me is an unpaid assistant, sits on the BoD for the school and is probably worth north of $50 million. I don’t think he’s worried about losing “street agent” money.
Didn't make myself clear, was talking hypothetically. My bad. Still, that's the way this thing is played. College coaches pay HS coaches to funnel players their way. If the HS coach fails he's not paid. If your guy is an unpaid asst worth tens of millions...good for him, it's good he'd donates his time.

I have no idea what kind of player Porter is. That he has poor HS stats are unimportant, not his fault his QB can't throw. Let's hope he turns out to be a great player.

Chapping my ass on the placekicker. Doing everything they can to avoid the best kicker in the state even though they signed his holder to be a punter.
Tell him to just enroll at Kentucky, show up every single day and bug the absolute poo out of the coaches! Show them you’re serious about playing at Kentucky and only Kentucky whether they like it or not! Pull a damn Rudy on them. Haha. Man what a story! and the winning Kick to beat Georgia for the East title in two years is right down the middle! Bam! Get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT