ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Lanier to UT

Mouth ass EweTee fans need to learn their damn place. "We're always better than Kensucky"

Bastards haven't even sniffed a FF. Sorry, I'm tired of the state of sports and it's made me grumbled. If I could Thanos one fans base from the universe it would be them.....without out thought nor question.

I had a feeling this is how it was going to go once a Vols visit was 100% confirmed. We offered more money and he still chose them. We just couldn’t overcome an unknown coaching commodity against a HOF coach. From what I’ve read, Barnes helping turn Knecht into a lottery pick was huge in this one.

Hopefully next year these kids will have a change of heart once it’s known if Pope can coach at this level.
How do you know the money amount?

Reactions: UK67KU59
If Lanier was as important to Pope as he appears to be to some on this board, he would have thrown enough money at Lanier to get him. I am sure that Pope didn't think a one-hit wonder was worth breaking the bank on.
You cannot be serious with this. We have got to be more intelligent than this right here. This is dumber than "Well, we tried with good players. Time to try with shitty ones and a coach that's never won a tourney game."

It's the daftest idea ever conceived that Kentucky spent actual money wining and dining a guy they didn't even want. You just can't accept, like most of this board, that we can't compete with teams with elite rosters. And that's not going to change! Universities paying players won't make it so teams with deeper pockets than us can no longer outbid us to land players that would have been the best on our roster. Let's stop lying to ourselves. it only delays the inevitable crash of reality.

Mouth ass EweTee fans need to learn their damn place. "We're always better than Kensucky"

Bastards haven't even sniffed a FF. Sorry, I'm tired of the state of sports and it's made me grumbled. If I could Thanos one fans base from the universe it would be them.....without out thought nor question.
Worst fans in america. I can't wait until Barnes leaves and they get another Donnie Tyndall level hire. Complete garbage program, 2 elite 8s in 100 years. Sad and laughable.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
You cannot be serious with this. We have got to be more intelligent than this right here. This is dumber than "Well, we tried with good players. Time to try with shitty ones and a coach that's never won a tourney game."

It's the daftest idea ever conceived that Kentucky spent actual money wining and dining a guy they didn't even want. You just can't accept, like most of this board, that we can't compete with teams with elite rosters. And that's not going to change! Universities paying players won't make it so teams with deeper pockets than us can no longer outbid us to land players that would have been the best on our roster. Let's stop lying to ourselves. it only delays the inevitable crash of reality.
Your strong point is obviously positivity.

Rival fans werent fearing to play our team of top HS players , so obviously they wont think anything of the team we have now and thus the trolling . But the negative shit from our own fans , shame.

We won a title in 1998 and almost did in 2003 with the players being key parts were players every single one being negative now would have been negative about having to rely upon in those years outside of like Bogans . Our history and legacy as a program was built on teams with guys like what we have on the roster now. Cal's talent for the sake of talent without team/roster building to fit roles and needs .. look what that did for us the last many years. we lost our all time wins lead and came close to losing it again after the NCAA gave us a reset with KU.

Give us a good reclass , maybe Robinson or another portal guy and we're rocking. but we're rocking without them too.

Knecht? Yes I was pissed to see him go to UT. Said it 1,000 times we needed to get in on him but we decided on Wagner. It was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen made and a big reason Cal is not here anymore. Just an abysmal decision.

Missing on great players sucks. Lanier is NOT a great player. What’s happened is we’ve not landed anyone in a while and the available list dwindled, so Lanier was left on the board and so people are overrating his value. Robinson is the better player and it’s probably why we didn’t go all in to take Lanier. We had to thread the needle which is smart because Robinson is the better player.

what’s going to be hilarious is when Butler ends up more valuable than Lanier which I almost expect at this point. Lanier is not a huge miss, however, I would have liked to have him because of versatility in the lineup. It’s nothing to do with sour grapes “didn’t want him anyway” post. It’s evaluation of each player.

• Haha
Reactions: readmorevols

To be fair losing in the elite 8 by 6 should count as sniffing but still 0 FFs is always funny

Worst fans in america. I can't wait until Barnes leaves and they get another Donnie Tyndall level hire. Complete garbage program, 2 elite 8s in 100 years. Sad and laughable.

Tennessee got as lucky as they possibly could with Barnes. He’s older and established, tried to leave and couldn’t, and he has to now retire there. I’m sure he regrets signing that contract once he realized he could have been at a much better school but he’s too old now. If Barnes had his way he’d be at UCLA right now. The contract stopped it.

Tennessee will not be able to follow up with a hire like that and never does. Their athletic department is run by yard apes who are usually pretty awful at hiring coaches. And really, Barnes is extremely average anyway, he’s just well established and guaranteed shots to players that’s why he got Lanier in the first place. It’s not a big deal and Tennessee won’t go anywhere they never do.

2 elite 8’s in their history and Barnes has advanced past the elite 8 ONCE in his life. He couldn’t even get to the final four with Durant. This will probably be his last season and it’s back to irrelevancy for Tennessee. Rinse repeat.

no one here thinks you're a real UK fan. whats the point of pretending to be a UK fan when the jig is up?
LOL. everyone who complains has to be a rival fan. It's not just the theme of this board it's a motto you all should make T-shirts of and wear around town. Why don't you just tell me to go be an Arkansas fan as if I had any stomach for that. Being smart enough to see things for what they really are is not a hallmark of someone here to troll. Look at what the Tennessee fan above me is doing and compare it to my post history.

Reactions: Warf2012
the them tampering with him since mid season is what did that. its amazing how close we were ... could have secured it with 1.5 mil NIL offer but I'll trust Pope here in not wanting to go that high.

Yeah maybe…idk think end of the day the longer relationship with Barnes and the idea of playing for his home state did it.

Interesting that verse he tweeted out about not being selfish and looking to others interests. Maybe UK did offer more but his family and friends wanted him at UT.

Reactions: readmorevols
To be fair losing in the elite 8 by 6 should count as sniffing but still 0 FFs is always funny
To me sniffing is you continually get close. They have 2 EE's EVER.

They're a joke. They had a about 10 years of really good football and women's basketball. The rest of that athletic department is awful. The only thing they Volunteer for is to get back on the bus to Knoxville.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
We were close? Lol, I think he used us as leverage for more NIL money. Had no interest in UK imo.
I don't think anyone really knows. There isn't enough info out there to form an intelligent opinion as to his interest. He had a long Zoom call with Pope and visited campus. Maybe the interest was to drive up the price. We don't know that.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I had a feeling this is how it was going to go once a Vols visit was 100% confirmed. We offered more money and he still chose them. We just couldn’t overcome an unknown coaching commodity against a HOF coach. From what I’ve read, Barnes helping turn Knecht into a lottery pick was huge in this one.

Hopefully next year these kids will have a change of heart once it’s known if Pope can coach at this level.
giphy.gif

Dalton Knecht was pretty terrible too. 6ppg or something?

Knecht is an outlier. Lanier is no Knecht and all of my friends that are Tennessee fans keep saying to temper expectations because even they know Knecht was an outlier.

Last year I wanted to go after Knecht and was pissed off we didn’t even try. When the entire portal began Lanier wasn’t even someone most people we looking at. I get wanting the versatility in the guard spot but I’m telling yall Lanier will be average at Tennessee. Just because Knecht blew up doesn’t mean every small college guard that transfers there will too lol.

Also Kentucky is being very methodical about their approach to using NIL funds which is smart to do. A lot of these teams are going to get burned and it’ll all slow down. I agree with MM that the approach we’re taking is the smart one right now. The ones overpaying for these players are going to set a really bad precedent they can’t meet in the future.

Knecht is an outlier. Lanier is no Knecht and all of my friends that are Tennessee fans keep saying to temper expectations because even they know Knecht was an outlier.

Last year I wanted to go after Knecht and was pissed off we didn’t even try. When the entire portal began Lanier wasn’t even someone most people we looking at. I get wanting the versatility in the guard spot but I’m telling yall Lanier will be average at Tennessee. Just because Knecht blew up doesn’t mean every small college guard that transfers there will too lol.

Also Kentucky is being very methodical about their approach to using NIL funds which is smart to do. A lot of these teams are going to get burned and it’ll all slow down. I agree with MM that the approach we’re taking is the smart one right now. The ones overpaying for these players are going to set a really bad precedent they can’t meet in the future.
It blows my mind that some of you think we are being methodical by losing good players to other teams because we are actually broke and cannot pay them the going rate. That's an exercise in self-delusion.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk

I don't think Lanier will be as good as Dalton. I'm just saying the small conference crap is overblown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT