ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Lanier to UT

I mean you have posted that the roster is good and people are wrong to think otherwise. So aren't you doing the same and deciding the roster is good without a single practice? It goes both ways.
The roster is good, doesn’t mean they will perform good. I don’t know if they will or not. But being overly critical this early is ridiculous. I’m saying the pieces are there for them to be good and I’m backing the coach who choose them. Talking about facing reality in may is crazy.

Make it make sense.

I guess Lanier should be playing for the Mavs right now. He is the best guard in the USA including the NBA. You guys saying this is a huge miss are just ridiculous. A guy that every expert knew was going to Tennessee is a miss. Now if UK was the pick right when the guy went in the portal and Tennessee swooped in, OK we missed. That is not it at all.

UK has better all around guards right now. Oweh / Butler / Kriisa / Kobe are all better guards. Played for better leagues.

HUGE MISS is one of the most laughable statements on here in 10 years. UK did not need the guy, have better players and again Pope has already stated he wanted to get 2 more before Almonor signed (2nd being Robinson i guess), and then would spend the final on a project or something like that.

But man POPE had Lanier on campus for almost 16 hours and could not close the deal. You all need to start finding others things to complain about.
He would have been nice to have and it is a miss. But it’s not worth panicking over. There are still options and still plenty of time left.

The roster is good, doesn’t mean they will perform good. I don’t know if they will or not. But being overly critical this early is ridiculous. I’m saying the pieces are there for them to be good and I’m am backing the coach who choose them. Talking about facing reality in may is crazy.
To you the roster is good but not everyone agrees. Of course it will change if we add someone but early polls don't have us in top 25.

To you the roster is good but not everyone agrees. Of course it will change if we add someone but early polls don't have us in top 25.
That’s why the game is played on the court and not on an online poll. I have agreed with you they need one of Robinson/poplar. Top 25 polls in may are pointless. All I’m saying is let’s let pope actually complete his roster and coach games first before we make huge judgements and get upset.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Que the people that didn't really want Chaz anyway. I really wanted him, and I'm not that high on Poplar. UT got a good one.
I wanted Laneir, he is a good player no doubt about that. Poplar has a strong argument for being better than him, Robinson has an argument to.

We will be fine if we get Robinson.

Based on his rating, Lanier would have been by far the worst defender on our entire team.

You don’t have to go sour grapes and say he wouldn’t have been good for us. Based on both players’ performance at the combine he probably would have given us more offense than Robinson would. But Lanier is just so very bad at defense that getting Robinson instead would be either a push or a net advantage for us. That’s not sour grapes. It’s something I posted days ago based on heavy digging so feel free to look it up.

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

I mean you have posted that the roster is good and people are wrong to think otherwise. So aren't you doing the same and deciding the roster is good without a single practice? It goes both ways.
Agree 100% it does go both ways. I have said we will not know what to expect until they all get here, be it 11, 12,13 guys on campus and let them start gelling. They could all hate each other and be the worst team in the history of college basketball. They would all have the biggest jump in production and be the Harlem Globetrotters. Both are very unlikely but we will not know what we have till we get them going.

I do however trust Mark Pope, his analytics for his system and the players he has chosen. That is all we have to go on right now.

I have said it a ton, there were several players in the portal I would have went after, I am not the coach, I do not have the system, the staff and then vision that Mark Pope has, anyone on this board that says they do is kidding themselves.

I for one will give CMP a free pass this year 100%. If we do not win a game, free pass. I will be mad, I will say something but will back him 100%. If Cal was our coach, I would not watch 1 minute of 1 game this year (live), I would do what I did this past year and only watch after the game is over. That way I knew if I wanted to see the game or avoid the wreck.

I will be in Rupp this year, I will watch live on TV (yes Boogie UK will still be on TV just as much as they always have). I will be on here reading the guys that hate the hired pointing out every flaw, the guys that back Pope (me included defending the hire) and so forth.

The wheels on the BIG BLUE Caravan go round and round. We will always debate this kind of stuff. We will always stick up for our side of the situation. I do not blame anyone from sticking up for themselves and what they believe. I might say I am totally on the opposite side of things but that make it interesting. If I call you crazy, make a wild post, or whatever, it is out of BIG BLUE LOVE. Do not take it personal, I will try to do the same when you all do it to me.

If we don't add anyone we will see who is right or wrong at the end of the season.
I believe we would be fine with our 11 (not great but better than last year). I believe we will go into the season with 12 or 13 guys. #13 will be someone that probably will not see the court except in a big blowout. I believe Perry and Noah both see the floor most games. I believe there is an outside shot that Jasper could reclass and Robinson stay in the draft. I believe we will find out a ton more in about a week or less.

I believe we would be fine with our 11 (not great but better than last year). I believe we will go into the season with 12 or 13 guys. #13 will be someone that probably will not see the court except in a big blowout. I believe Perry and Noah both see the floor most games. I believe there is an outside shot that Jasper could reclass and Robinson stay in the draft. I believe we will find out a ton more in about a week or less.
If Robinson stays in the draft I think they really hard after poplar, they might already be doing that.

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
best statement in this thread!!!!!!!

Reactions: SuicideSolution
Sisk made a post just now about Robinson. Nothing groundbreaking but said it makes the most sense that he is our next commit. Said it's for sure UK if he doesn't stay in the draft and it's sounding like Robinson isn't hearing good things about his draft chances and he would make more off NIL.

Another major miss. We’ve missed on basically every big name target this portal season. Being outbid and beaten by the likes of Baylor, Washington, Arkansas, Tennessee and so on. It’ll be felt when the season starts as well.

Sisk made a post just now about Robinson. Nothing groundbreaking but said it makes the most sense that he is our next commit. Said it's for sure UK if he doesn't stay in the draft and it's sounding like Robinson isn't hearing good things about his draft chances and he would make more off NIL.
See a good positive update.

Reactions: BassProCat
Not shocked. In state kid who Tennessee desperately needed because their roster is unimpressive and I doubt they had many other options outside of Lanier.

All eyes turn to the draft entrants to see if any pull out. Robinson, Poplar, Wells — hope we can land one of those guys. If not, maybe a reclass.

Otherwise we roll with what we got. That means Kriisa, Oweh, Brea, Chandler (maybe even Almonor) would need to step up.

Another major miss. We’ve missed on basically every big name target this portal season. Being outbid and beaten by the likes of Baylor, Washington, Arkansas, Tennessee and so on. It’ll be felt when the season starts as well.
Can’t miss on guys they never went after.

this is going to be a fun thread when Lanier turns out as average as rain and Tennessee is on their 10th loss.

Not shocked. In state kid who Tennessee desperately needed because their roster is unimpressive and I doubt they had many other options outside of Lanier.

All eyes turn to the draft entrants to see if any pull out. Robinson, Poplar, Wells — hope we can land one of those guys. If not, maybe a reclass.

Otherwise we roll with what we got. That means Kriisa, Oweh, Brea, Chandler (maybe even Almonor) would need to step up.
If Lanier was as important to Pope as he appears to be to some on this board, he would have thrown enough money at Lanier to get him. I am sure that Pope didn't think a one-hit wonder was worth breaking the bank on.

I don't know how long it's going to take all of you. The fact is we aren't getting the NIL support from boosters that the teams with elite rosters are getting. plain and simple. Everyone who lied to us and said we do is just trying to string the con on for longer so they can extract more money from us.
Is this Rip-Off Van Winkle?

Make it make sense.

I guess Lanier should be playing for the Mavs right now. He is the best guard in the USA including the NBA. You guys saying this is a huge miss are just ridiculous. A guy that every expert knew was going to Tennessee is a miss. Now if UK was the pick right when the guy went in the portal and Tennessee swooped in, OK we missed. That is not it at all.

UK has better all around guards right now. Oweh / Butler / Kriisa / Kobe are all better guards. Played for better leagues.

HUGE MISS is one of the most laughable statements on here in 10 years. UK did not need the guy, have better players and again Pope has already stated he wanted to get 2 more before Almonor signed (2nd being Robinson i guess), and then would spend the final on a project or something like that.

But man POPE had Lanier on campus for almost 16 hours and could not close the deal. You all need to start finding others things to complain about.
You are coping so hard.

Reactions: Warf2012
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT