ADVERTISEMENT

Should every state do this?

Again, no one will save money. Say the tax was $2 on a pack of diapers. No tax now, companies/retailers will raise price to where it was post-tax knowing they can get it. There is no incentive for the manufacturer/retailer to curtail sales price.

The profit margin does not change for the manufacturers and the market place competitive pressures still exist. Why would they raise prices when their ROI will actually arguably increase, because more people may buy items that they otherwise would not?

Again, no one will save money. Say the tax was $2 on a pack of diapers. No tax now, companies/retailers will raise price to where it was post-tax knowing they can get it. There is no incentive for the manufacturer/retailer to curtail sales price.
Why would they raise their prices? The sales tax would have no impact on them.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan

I mean they already do that with tax - so I see no reason it would’ve be an improvement.

People hate Floridians Dore, besides the fact they all come there every year for a week. Moreover, they like to make fun of it, mostly because they don’t have the balls to up and move and are jealous of those of us that did.

So while we’re still in flops in February taking bike rides and watching sunsets over the water, they just go to work, go home and sit for 4 hours watching TV til bedtime because it’s 24 degrees outside only to rinse and repeat for at least 3 months all the while lying to themselves telling everyone, “I love the seasons!” while dreaming of beaches.

Oh I see you’re a lifelong Floridian again

Haha well I’m moving back and my license says I am. I feel much more at home in Florida than Kentucky. In the years since college where I could choose where to live instead of just being born there, 10+ out of 16 were in Florida.

So yes, since I was able to choose, I’ve spent over 62% of it in Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT