ADVERTISEMENT

Shogun

Enjoyed the first two episodes that are out. So far, looks like a very high quality show.

Really enjoyed First 2 episodes. Think the Japanese culture especially in this time is extremely interesting.

Not a bad episode yet.
Sucks waiting until next week to resume, as I tend to be forgetful these days. Perhaps I'll wait for conclusion, and binge.

Sugoi desu ne. The plot's awesome, the dialogue is pretty solid ( maybe a little too expositional at times, but that's unavoidable in a show that covers so much), the sets and cinematography are some of the best I've ever seen in a television show, and the actors all sell their roles completely.

Anna Sawai...wa sugoi bijin desu ne. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

shogun-anna-sawai-girare-serie-non-come-monarch-apple-v6-700946-1200x1200.webp

Reactions: crashtestdummy
I watched the first episode and it's really good.

The subtitle thing is odd. There are 3 main languages: Japanese, Portuguese, English. They do subtitles for when they speak Japanese........but not for Portuguese/English. I understand the choice, but takes some getting used to.

And obviously this is based off the book which is loosely based off of history.......but to me it would be fascinating just to have a show based mostly off the actual history.

Has anyone read the novel and/or seen the 1980 NBC adaptation? I like the FX version so much that I might check 'em out later on this year.

And obviously this is based off the book which is loosely based off of history.......but to me it would be fascinating just to have a show based mostly off the actual history.

There's a 50-episode 1983 NHK television show, Tokugawa Ieyasu, that chronicles the life of Tokugawa (Toranaga) more accurately than Shogun does, but I don't think it touches on his relationship with Adams (Blackthorn) at all. Regardless, I might check it out too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Ieyasu_(TV_series)

Reactions: BlueRaider22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT