ADVERTISEMENT

Omegaball

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
It's soccer played with three teams on a circular field. Each team has four players and a goalie, and two goals they can score on and one to defend.

I told my soccer nut coworker about it after seeing it on ESPN thinking he would hate it but he loved it and said it would be a great teaching tool for kids wanting to play soccer.

Check it out on YouTube if you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee
Apparently kids can’t even organize pick up basketball games anymore so finding 15 people to play a game at once seems pretty tough but this sounds fun. I’ll never play it, but would be fun.

Also, links bruh, how many people do you think care enough about this random subject to go google it themselves vs if you just put a snazzy link in here for them to click on?

Looks like a great way to piss off more parents whose precious little ones can get in the regular soccer lineup.

(I kid. Mostly)

Apparently kids can’t even organize pick up basketball games anymore so finding 15 people to play a game at once seems pretty tough but this sounds fun. I’ll never play it, but would be fun.

Also, links bruh, how many people do you think care enough about this random subject to go google it themselves vs if you just put a snazzy link in here for them to click on?
I always thought pickup basketball was weird. Looking for a game with people you don’t know from Adam. Ok. That’s why we always had a group we knew to meet at churches or reserved courts. I never, ever understood that culture.

Last edited:
I always thought pickup basketball was weird. Looking for a game with people you don’t know from Adam. Ok. That’s why we always had a group we knew to meet at churches or reserved courts. I never, ever understood that culture.
I dunno man. When I first lived in Lexington I would go the old YMCA I think on high st, same rd downtown that would take you to Rupp, and play pick up games with all total strangers from time to time. I lived all around campus for a few yrs, it was the closest one back then.*

But yeah back home we had a gym at the catholic school that would let us rent it for nothing and I'd play pick up with a bunch of ppl I knew. That was more fun.

I like the idea of there being 3 teams. That's an interesting wrinkle I've never seen before. It opens up a ton of strategy.

It's soccer played with three teams on a circular field. Each team has four players and a goalie, and two goals they can score on and one to defend.

I told my soccer nut coworker about it after seeing it on ESPN thinking he would hate it but he loved it and said it would be a great teaching tool for kids wanting to play soccer.

Check it out on YouTube if you can.

---
Snowflake games.

Is there any reason why you routinely crap on just about every thread started? This is an opinion forum for anyone that wants to view it, not your personal territory to mark on.

Last edited:
Is there any reason why you routinely crap on just about every thread started? This is an opinion forum for anyone that wants to view it, not your personal territory to mark on.
That was me repeating what someone else told me about kids and pickup games these days but thanks.

And two, sure if I feel like it and it’s a dumb waste of a topic I just may say that. As you said it’s an opinion board so I’ll give mine, thanks mom.

Go drink a cold stout beer and check back in later bubby.

That was me repeating what someone else told me about kids and pickup games these days but thanks.

And two, sure if I feel like it and it’s a dumb waste of a topic I just may say that. As you said it’s an opinion board so I’ll give mine, thanks mom.

Go drink a cold stout beer and check back in later bubby.
You’re acting as an arbiter of what represents a “dumb waste of topic?”

So was Omegaball invented like three weeks ago? One of the teams playing now doesn’t seem to know how to play. Or Soccer, for that matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT