ADVERTISEMENT

Sharpe lands BIG NIL deal

I don’t know a lot about this topic but it contradicts a lot of the speculation that he can’t make money off NIL for being Canadian. Visa rules for Oscar don’t seem to be the same for Shaedon. If this ad wasn’t enough, him creating his own logo and announcing NIL representation should make clear he plans to cash in on his time here.

Why do you think he can? It’s already been stated he’s not eligible for the 2022 draft
No, it hasn't been! In fact, it's been stated that all he needs to show is that the required coursework was completed before the official start of the NBA season. It likely was since it had already been expected he planned to reclassify by then. Even if not, it's not hard at all to make it look like it was.

I don’t know a lot about this topic but it contradicts a lot of the speculation that he can’t make money off NIL for being Canadian. Visa rules for Oscar don’t seem to be the same for Shaedon. If this ad wasn’t enough, him creating his own logo and announcing NIL representation should make clear he plans to cash in on his time here.
Talk about a team morale destroyer.

He's not going to the league in May unless he asks for and fights for an appeal of NBA rules based on the date changing for when he graduated high school. Now that could happen, but I don't believe it will happen and it would be bogus if it did.

I’m excited to have this guy for at least 6 months. Anyone who doesn’t think he can go pro this spring is clinging to the rules. It’s the sports industry… rules are broken and bent all the time. All he has to do is fudge some numbers on the dates of his paperwork to make it work. I hope he doesn’t and I hope he’s here for next season, but at least we got him this year. This team needs some star power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT