ADVERTISEMENT

Several outlets now reporting

Just total kayos today. One of my favorite things Pope said was that his teams like putting everyone on their heels. Have been saying that for years, loving the Pitino years, how I like being the ones on their toes, the aggressors, and making teams play on their heels. Can't wait for it.

Should have been able to get everyone in with standing room in the concourses. This is what sets our bb program apart from every other team program organization etc etc.

The crowd today was very different than what comes to games, especially in the lower arena.

Unfortunately, that is true.

I have always wished we could build a domed stadium where Commonwealth is and play basketball AND football there. Already have the parking amenities and the extra UK fans that would show up to basketball games would make it worth doing. I'd bet we could get 30k+ to show up for premier matchups, and they could charge more reasonable prices for some additional sections so more could afford to see the games. There's already a ton more hotels around that area now that people could make a weekend trip of it.

Just total kayos today. One of my favorite things Pope said was that his teams like putting everyone on their heels. Have been saying that for years, loving the Pitino years, how I like being the ones on their toes, the aggressors, and making teams play on their heels. Can't wait for it.
Versus Cow who enjoys rockfights because he thinks it makes him look like a mastermind when he can win the close ones. Thank God THAT is over.

I said in the prediction thread on how many that would be there it would be a full house…. I was wrong it was busting out the seams…..😂 That place was so electrifying man we haven’t felt this in a long long time….
My husband was blown away with how many people were outside and inside that thing. We had to stand, but we didn't care. We just wanted to be there with everyone else to show Coach Pope how much we want him to become a legend here.

We just got home. Drove from Ashland, so about a 3 1/2 hour round trip. We got to Rupp at 2:30 and just driving up, I was blown away at the crowd. Listening to Mark and hearing all the things we didn't hear over the recent years was just awesome. What an emotional day. I dug out my denim Walter McCarty jersey to kick it old school. THIS is the BBN I remember. Born and raised in Kentucky. I was 21 when Pope cut the nets down. He is everything this fanbase needs right now. I am more excited than I have been for the future of this program since 2015. Someone on here mentioned already that he is the Anti-Cal, and I could not agree more. It's everything we need. This dude has the support. I am ready for this era. I will go on record and say that Pope is going to kill it here. The energy today was crazy. It was special today and I haven't felt this way in a LONG time for this program. Let's go!!!!!!

We just got home. Drove from Ashland, so about a 3 1/2 hour round trip. We got to Rupp at 2:30 and just driving up, I was blown away at the crowd. Listening to Mark and hearing all the things we didn't hear over the recent years was just awesome. What an emotional day. I dug out my denim Walter McCarty jersey to kick it old school. THIS is the BBN I remember. Born and raised in Kentucky. I was 21 when Pope cut the nets down. He is everything this fanbase needs right now. I am more excited than I have been for the future of this program since 2015. Someone on here mentioned already that he is the Anti-Cal, and I could not agree more. It's everything we need. This dude has the support. I am ready for this era. I will go on record and say that Pope is going to kill it here. The energy today was crazy. It was special today and I haven't felt this way in a LONG time for this program. Let's go!!!!!!
A-town represent!!!

Yeah every bit of it. I was near the very back of the line for the people let in and there were thousands more outside. It was standing room only for many of us. It was packed!
Wonderful.
Fana
My niece works for the highschool.

My uncle is from Ashland, went to Paul Blazer High School many years ago. We live in northern Kentucky, so it was about 1 hr 15 minutes drive for us. We were up at 3:45am to go work, starte work at 5am and left at 1:40pm. Went home and showere and sprinted down 75, turning onto Maxwell St about 3:45pm. Didn't find a parking spot until about 4:15pm :( Press Conference started just as we were physically inside the building that houses Rupp Arena. At at Tally Hoes (okay food, LONG WAIT of about 30 minutes). Afterwards I played a game of Pac-Man and Galaga. Poor girl running the cashier couldn't figure out how to give me the correct change. $20 bill - $2 (quarters) = $18, but she gave me $16 back. I felt bad for her, very nice girl. I told her that I work with numbers all day long and constantly have to multi-task. By the time we got back home is was 8:45pm. To say that I'm tired is an understatement :D

Picture a British man not understanding the possible ramifications of wearing a cardinal red "Status Quo" teeshirt. Poor guy had his UK bandana in his pocket. Guy in front of us told him "you're lucky you don't have a red bird on the front of your shirt" :D

My uncle is from Ashland, went to Paul Blazer High School many years ago. We live in northern Kentucky, so it was about 1 hr 15 minutes drive for us. We were up at 3:45am to go work, starte work at 5am and left at 1:40pm. Went home and showere and sprinted down 75, turning onto Maxwell St about 3:45pm. Didn't find a parking spot until about 4:15pm :( Press Conference started just as we were physically inside the building that houses Rupp Arena. At at Tally Hoes (okay food, LONG WAIT of about 30 minutes). Afterwards I played a game of Pac-Man and Galaga. Poor girl running the cashier couldn't figure out how to give me the correct change. $20 bill - $2 (quarters) = $18, but she gave me $16 back. I felt bad for her, very nice girl. I told her that I work with numbers all day long and constantly have to multi-task. By the time we got back home is was 8:45pm. To say that I'm tired is an understatement :D
Went to the County. But this story is awesome. Stilll have friends from Blazer. Small world

Went to the County. But this story is awesome. Stilll have friends from Blazer. Small world
Do they still host that very nice drive-thru Christmas light display up there? Hubby and I went to the one at Kentucky Horse Park, but that one really isn't very Christmasy. Back in the late 1980's my aunt and uncle took me up there to see the lights in Ashland. Hubby has never been to eastern Kentucky or coal country.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Do they still host that very nice drive-thru Christmas light display up there? Hubby and I went to the one at Kentucky Horse Park, but that one really isn't very Christmasy. Back in the late 1980's my aunt and uncle took me up there to see the lights in Ashland. Hubby has never been to eastern Kentucky or coal country.
Ashland has a very nice light display around Central Park and parade but the drive through lights on Skyline Drive a couple of houses were known for and what I think your talking about stopped long ago unfortunately.

It got a lot of national attention on Twitter. Even ole miss football coach Lane Kiffin posted a mind blown emoji in reference to it. It was amazing!
And you can bet he will use that against UK football in recruiting battles against us to show we are a basketball first school. But does anybody remember the near sellout spring game in Stoops first year? UK fans will show out when there’s something to be excited about.

Since many couldn't get in, it would have been awesome if they had some monitors setup to watch it with some cameras filming the crowd outside and occasionally showing their reactions during the speech on the screens inside. Make them feel apart of it even if they didn't make it in. It was so overwhelming that I understand it was probably to hard to set something up like that at the last minute.

I’ve never seen anything like this at a UK event. It’s being reported nationally and people are just in shock. I know Cal is, I dont think he meant for any of this to happen.

We got in line at 12:00 and there were easily 500-1,000 already in front of us. People began pulling up at probably 9-10:00.

It was a sight I’ll remember with my kids until the day I die.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I was born in Ashland!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Since many couldn't get in, it would have been awesome if they had some monitors setup to watch it with some cameras filming the crowd outside and occasionally showing their reactions during the speech on the screens inside. Make them feel apart of it even if they didn't make it in. It was so overwhelming that I understand it was probably to hard to set something up like that at the last minute.
I don't think they anticipated that kind of crowd on only a couple of days notice in order to facilitate something like that.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I recorded 3 Sportscenters different times Sunday and all the sports shos today. So for Ark they interrupted a baseball game and ran an hour show on SECN with people discussing Cal etc in the studio. For us the last Sportscenter mentioned it for 10secs the bus. Pope standing with Mitch and that's it. They didn't even show a single shot of the stands. Wow!!! I know they hate us, but just wow.

Then today Wilburn on POI blasted UK fans saying they run coaches off and would turn on Pope in 2 weeks. They also said we had 8k fans. I'm send so many inaccurate numbers on crowd. 6-8k, 12k etc... Where do these idiots get their facts. Just lazy or hate?

A lot of others just talking how we missed on our 1st, 2nd, 4rd and 4th choice even though I thought we only made real offers to 2 guys. Anyway screw em! I hope Pope feeds them big bloody crow samiches.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT