ADVERTISEMENT

Seven players averaging between 3 and 7.5 rebounds per game.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Have we had this type of team rebounding in recent years? I like what I'm seeing, particularly from Reeves and Dillingham:

Thiero: 7.5 rebounds/game
Mitchell: 6.6 rebounds/game
Reeves: 5.2 rebounds/game
Edwards: 4.8 rebounds/game
Dillingham: 4.2 rebounds/game
Burks: 3.4 rebounds/game
Sheppard: 3.0 rebounds/game

Have we had this type of team rebounding in recent years? I like what I'm seeing, particularly from Reeves and Dillingham:

Thiero: 7.5 rebounds/game
Mitchell: 6.6 rebounds/game
Reeves: 5.2 rebounds/game
Edwards: 4.8 rebounds/game
Dillingham: 4.2 rebounds/game
Burks: 3.4 rebounds/game
Sheppard: 3.0 rebounds/game
Edwards at 4.8?! Jeez. Dude’s so soft, man! Good Lord.

• Sad
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I don't like anything about our rebounding. This is as bad a rebounding team as the '21 team right now. St Joe's killed us on the offensive glass and they aren't even a good team.
I don't think it's about being a good team. It's about being bigger than us.

Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
I don't think it's about being a good team. It's about being bigger than us.
It's also about them shooting a lot of threes. That favors offensive rebounding for your team. Longer shot? Longer potential bounce back.

We need our bigs to help disrupt underneath.

Reactions: Jazzycat
All that means is s great rebounder will wipe the floor with us.
We gave up 14 offensive rebounds. We have zero real rebounders. Better hope one of the unicorn 7 fters can

Everyone is giving great effort. Scoring is balanced, rebounding (though not good right now due to personnel) is balanced. We’re averaging 10 steals a game. Reed alone is averaging 3.4 of those. Mitchell now has 17 assists to 2 turnovers. Sharing the ball, making the extra pass. Some of the teams Cal has had recently don’t even do that 4 months into the season. We’re doing it in November. Very encouraging.

I don't like anything about our rebounding. This is as bad a rebounding team as the '21 team right now. St Joe's killed us on the offensive glass and they aren't even a good team.
When we get Aaron/Z/Ugo back and move Tre to the 4 we should instantly become a very good rebounding team with the way our guards help.

Reactions: Jazzycat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT