ADVERTISEMENT

Seth has Vandy in Final 4?

Rinse and repeat. Once every 3-4 years(2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2016) Stallings ramps up with an upperclassmen-laden squad which has postseason expectations but fails to reach them or chokes out early. Expect the same this season. Rinse and repeat.

Lol

Rinse and repeat. Once every 3-4 years(2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2016) Stallings ramps up with an upperclassmen-laden squad which has postseason expectations but fails to reach them or chokes out early. Expect the same this season. Rinse and repeat.

Actually you're confused about 2004 and 2007. Both years Stallings was close to getting fired (the 2006-07 team lost to a miserable Furman team) before pulling out Sweet Sixteen runs as a 6-seed, i. e. mild underdog.

People draw an arbitrary line and call 2007 ancient history whereas 2008 is fresh and relevant, just so they can draw conclusions about Stallings. In reality sometimes he overperforms the seeding and sometimes underperforms, like most coaches.

Honestly I think Stallings is a good coach. He may be unlikeable, but x's and o's wise, guy is a beast. However Kansas -2.5 was the lock of the century. No coach or team clams up as much in big spots when people are talking about them than Stallings and Vandy.

Stallings is a very good coach. What he has done over the years at Vandy is quite impressive.

Keep in mind that he is pretty consistently had winners while coaching at VANDY. Vandy, a program with zero history, a program with higher academic qualifications than any other school in the SEC, a program with limited national exposure, and a program with a small fan base.

Stallings does an excellent job at Vandy with his hands tied. He knows he will not get McD's AA's and rarely gets 4-star guys so he has to develop them.

How many people knew who LaChance, Baldwin, Kornet, and Jones were before they arrived on campus at Vandy?

For what he has to work with, Stallings is doing very well.

It's unrealistic to say that Vandy has to reach a Final Four before they have a successful season. That's unrealistic for every SEC school not named Kentucky.

Reactions: PhilipVU94
Vandy has a terrific team this year. With Baldwin, Kornet, LeChance, Damien et. al. they should make it to the Final Four this year....they are a top 6-8 team with their experience and talent.

Vandy has a terrific team this year. With Baldwin, Kornet, LeChance, Damien et. al. they should make it to the Final Four this year....they are a top 6-8 team with their experience and talent.
They showed it last night.

I'm less than a Seth fan believe me that and the Kansas loss aside. Based on what I've seen. If Vandy improves over the season and the draw they get in the tournament is fsvorable ~ Vandy being a final four team is s possibility.

Just in the last 5 years we've seen 2 seven seeds, 2 eights, a nine and an eleven make the final four. When mediocre teams can get on a run like that, thinking a good team might do the same isn't silly. Vandy as a sleeper pick makes sense....

ADVERTISEMENT