ADVERTISEMENT

Seth has Vandy in Final 4?

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
He's saying the most complete offensive team he's seen so far.

BTW, leading St Johns by 31 in Maui.

I certainly don't think they are a top-4 team, but Vandy as a dark horse final-4 pick isn't the dumbest thing he could say by any means. If their shooters get hot they could certainly knock off about anyone.

Jones and Kornet. Two NBA 7 footers helps too.

I'm just going to repeat what I said in the other thread about Vandy.

They have 4-5 guys that are capable of shooting above 40 percent on threes plus Jones. They could easily make a deep run this year. Kornet is kind of like a poor man's Kaminsky. They have players this year.

They looked really good against St. Johns. So, either St. Johns is beyond terrible or Vandy has a very good team. They were hitting a lot of outside shots and last year that one kid gave us fits, now they have more experience and support. May end up more of a threat than LSU.

Vandy runs some good stuff for their shooters.. They make you work hard on defense. They don't just stand around while a bunch of dribbling is happening if you cannot beat your man. They have some shooters. Watch out.

Reactions: PhilipVU94
Vandy runs some good stuff for their shooters.. They make you work hard on defense. They don't just stand around while a bunch of dribbling is happening if you cannot beat your man. They have some shooters. Watch out.
Much like the Bengals they will fade away in the playoffs.

Reactions: brianpoe
They looked really good against St. Johns. So, either St. Johns is beyond terrible or Vandy has a very good team. They were hitting a lot of outside shots and last year that one kid gave us fits, now they have more experience and support. May end up more of a threat than LSU.
St. John's is pretty terrible. Got blown out by a D2 team in preseason

He's saying the most complete offensive team he's seen so far.

BTW, leading St Johns by 31 in Maui.
Vandy has never been past the Sweet Sixteen,Baldy CryBaby Stallings chokes everytime they get in the NCAA because he can't complain about Kentucky when there are 31 other conferences there.

Shut up, Seth. We can't fly under the radar if you keep telling people we're good. The Stony Brook adventure was supposed to distract you.

Hard to fly under the Radar when you aren't even on it.Beating up a bunch of also rans in Maui does not make you a contender.

Philipvu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Friedassmarmyboss

The key for Vandy to advance in the tournament is to get a top 4 seed so they don't get shipped to California or New Mexico for the first two rounds.

If they ever made an Elite Eight,I might consider them as a Dark Horse,but they like Tennessee can't get past a Sweet 16.

I agree about the Stallings angle, MD. Other than that I Vandy is a fine dark horse. Last year we did worse against some SEC teams on account of shooting ourselves in the foot, but they gave us the most legitimate competition and they were younger than us. Another year and losing no one, that's legit. All said without spin because honestly I can't stand that school.

Davis is just going to keep rotating schools in and out until about 60-80% through the year, where he will eventually change to us.

What a scroat.

Stallings needs to quite whining about playing SEC Thur/Sat games and start using that setup to get prepare for the tourney.

I certainly don't think they are a top-4 team, but Vandy as a dark horse final-4 pick isn't the dumbest thing he could say by any means. If their shooters get hot they could certainly knock off about anyone.

I lost all trust in Vandy making deep tournament runs after 2012. They had a good team, good shooters, good inside presence, some good coaching too... They even knocked off an Anthony Davis led UK team who was winning with just a few minutes to go in the SEC championship game!! I had them as a Final Four team. If they couldn't make the Final Four then, I have a hard time seeing it this year.

However, I would like for all SEC teams to go deep into the tourney, and if it does indeed happen for them, I'll be happy for them and cheer them on for sure.

I lost all trust in Vandy making deep tournament runs after 2012. They had a good team, good shooters, good inside presence, some good coaching too... They even knocked off an Anthony Davis led UK team who was winning with just a few minutes to go in the SEC championship game!! I had them as a Final Four team. If they couldn't make the Final Four then, I have a hard time seeing it this year.

However, I would like for all SEC teams to go deep into the tourney, and if it does indeed happen for them, I'll be happy for them and cheer them on for sure.

Bad draw (Wisconsin), bad calls (Wisky got the whistle), and missed three by Jenkins to win.

It happens, but I think this team is better than that team was based on mental toughness alone. Baldwin and LaChance are tough minded kids.

That said, I'm excited to see how they do. Lose in the first round or win it all, neither would surprise me.

The reason Vandy never makes it deep into the tournament is because the Final Four is played AFTER their National Championship game (which happens on Jan 11th this year).

Bad draw (Wisconsin), bad calls (Wisky got the whistle), and missed three by Jenkins to win.

It happens, but I think this team is better than that team was based on mental toughness alone. Baldwin and LaChance are tough minded kids.

That said, I'm excited to see how they do. Lose in the first round or win it all, neither would surprise me.

LOL that would surprise everyone with a brain.

Stallings needs to quite whining about playing SEC Thur/Sat games and start using that setup to get prepare for the tourney.
And coincidentally we play Vandy on a Saturday after playing Arkansas in Fayetteville on Thursday this year. I doubt Stallings will be complaining about that one.

Reactions: Bluest Member
So to clear things up about Vandy, has Vandy ever done anything special outside their own gym?

They beat us before our NC run in '12, as that's the only memorable Vandy win I can remember.

s_davis_zpslot9fqjt.gif

He must not know who their coach is,,They had a much better team in 2012 that beat the title team of UK, but they fizzled out like they always do...

And coincidentally we play Vandy on a Saturday after playing Arkansas in Fayetteville on Thursday this year. I doubt Stallings will be complaining about that one.
yep and nor does he complain about never playing in a special tshirt game.

I guess i wouldn't be totally shocked if this Vandy team makes the final four. They do have 2 7fters that will probably play in the NBA in the future. They also have some guards and forwards who can hit the 3 point shot. When you have those two things, you usually have a pretty good team. Add in their coach Stallings who is a really good coach and you have the recipe of a team that can do damage come tourney time. I don't expect Vandy in the final four, but if it does happen, i guess crazier things have happened before.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Worse teams have made the final 4 - so who knows.. sure they will be really good offensively but they will have to improve night and day defensively to really have a shot at making a serious March/April run.

They were ranked 114th in Defense last season according to KenPom.... they are off to a better start this season, but it's early.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Rinse and repeat. Once every 3-4 years(2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2016) Stallings ramps up with an upperclassmen-laden squad which has postseason expectations but fails to reach them or chokes out early. Expect the same this season. Rinse and repeat.

If they can get out of the first round against a double-digit seed, they'll have a shot.

If NCAA brackets have ever taught me anything, it's to never trust SEC teams not named UF or UK and same for Big 12 teams not named KU (and they're good for an early flame out 2/3 years.)

ADVERTISEMENT