ADVERTISEMENT

Sestina out for the next game. I haven't heard why.

I'm wondering if it was something like unsportsmanlike conduct brought down by the TBT for the L's down. Surely not.

Previous family obligation. That's why you don't hang banners for this stuff. It's really just for fun.
I get that it's not THAT important and family comes first yada yada but that feels pretty lame...reschedule vacation or fly out before/after game.

Last edited:
Yep, I don't think they stand a chance without Sestina, Bledsoe had more turnovers than points, Kanter's brother didn't show up against Louisville. I always trusted the Harrisons with drive to the basket floaters, and that's what our best scoring option will be, probably won't be enough.

I’m betting he has to attend a wedding (not his own, maybe a sister or sister-in-law or friend of wife). I doubt his wife would let him out of it.

I get that it's not THAT important and family comes first yada yada but that feels pretty lame...reschedule vacation or fly out before/after game.
I'm not sure what he makes playing in Spain, but as someone said, this really is for fun. The players will get at most $70K each, and while that is plenty of money, it doesn't move the needle with quite a few of these guys. I have no idea what the family obligation is, but I do believe family is very important and if he feels like it is more important than the game, it is. As fans it sucks, but these guys owe the fans nothing at this point.

I'm not sure what he makes playing in Spain, but as someone said, this really is for fun. The players will get at most $70K each, and while that is plenty of money, it doesn't move the needle with quite a few of these guys. I have no idea what the family obligation is, but I do believe family is very important and if he feels like it is more important than the game, it is. As fans it sucks, but these guys owe the fans nothing at this point.

How much do non NBA players make a year?

70k is a nice bonus if nothing else.

Apparently family obligation.

Which I get but man. This is a tournament with money in the line.

We probably lose without him. Sucks. At least we beat the Birds. But losing to those cocky Ohio St jerks is just as bad.
That’s the spirit!

Its not a family obligation, if he had one that would make him miss the game he wouldnt have signed up for this as they knew the dates of the final four in TBT. I bet we later find out he was suspended because I did hear the people that hosted the game at freedom hall threw a huge sh*t fit

Yep, I don't think they stand a chance without Sestina, Bledsoe had more turnovers than points, Kanter's brother didn't show up against Louisville. I always trusted the Harrisons with drive to the basket floaters, and that's what our best scoring option will be, probably won't be enough.
"I don't think they stand a chance without Sestina"

Words rarely heard before in UK basketball lore... find a way men!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT