ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Basketball Related

Looking to move to KY from CA. Any suggestions for best counties/cities to live in? I have family in Lincoln County. Huge UK fan. I appreciate any feedback.
Danville is one of the best small towns in America and borders Lincoln County.

74f3e2711cc92e14a7da1f3734268f9c.jpg

Depends what you're looking for.

If you want to have a urban/ mid-size town feel pick somewhere like Lexington, Louisville, Covington/NKY, Bowling Green, Henderson or Owensboro.

If you want rural but close to urban-ish look for a county close to one of those cities. If you want to never be found again, pick anywhere else.

Depends what you're looking for.

If you want to have a urban/ mid-size town feel pick somewhere like Lexington, Louisville, Covington/NKY, Bowling Green, Henderson or Owensboro.

If you want rural but close to urban-ish look for a county close to one of those cities. If you want to never be found again, pick anywhere else.

As a representative of "anywhere else" let me say [eyeroll]

Reactions: Stonewall12
As a representative of "anywhere else" let me say [eyeroll]

It wasn't meant bad. Some people lovethat secluded feeling.

I married a woman from BFE Kentucky. Beautiful place.

I came from a subuirb of Lexington. She lived in a place in western Kentucky where it took an hour to get anywhere. So calm down. I'm not knocking your homeland. No need to get offended. I was just letting the guy from Cali know where the cities were vs "the rest" of the state.

Excuse me for thinking you are a city snob that looks down on rural Kentuckians just because you said that if he moves to a rural area means he will never be found again.

I've also lived in Danville and Richmond. Grew up in Danville.

I prefer Danville as well, but I don't like it as much as I used to.

Live in Somerset now, and prefer that to both. But it all depends on what is important to you.

I've also lived in Danville and Richmond. Grew up in Danville.

I prefer Danville as well, but I don't like it as much as I used to.

Live in Somerset now, and prefer that to both. But it all depends on what is important to you.
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

Reactions: Aike
I know a lot of UK fans like to rip the city of Louisville because they associate that with the school. No one hates the Cards like I do, but Louisville is a fantastic place to live and raise a family. It has its rough edges just like any other decently sized city, but I wouldn't live anywhere else in this state, including Lexington (went to UK, didn't like living there at all).

You get the big city feel in a way going to do cool things around downtown, but you also are a 20 minute drive from the country if you prefer to be more away from things. Love Louisville.

Yeah but you have really TWO problems, first you are in Louisville, and second, you're too close to Indiana. :)

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT