ADVERTISEMENT

SEC representing in the NIT: Georgia advances to the final 4.

I know some people here hate the NIT/don't watch it but last night had some exciting games that went down to the wire. Georgia-Ohio State did that and so did Indiana State-Cincinnati.

I think one of the fun parts of the NIT is you see power schools having to go places they wouldn't normally book. Like, no chance Cincy ever plays a game at Indiana State's place unless they have to.

But yeah, I think Georgia could have a bright future as well. Even though these are NIT games, these are its first postseason wins in quite some time.

Last edited:
I know some people here hate the NIT/don't watch it but last night had some exciting games that went down to the wire. Georgia-Ohio State did that and so did Indiana State-Cincinnati.

I think one of the fun parts of the NIT is you see power schools having to go places they wouldn't normally book. Like, no chance Cincy ever plays a game at Indiana State's place unless they have to.

But yeah, I think Georgia could have a bright future as well. Even though these are NIT games, these are its first postseason wins in quite some time.
I think that’s what I like most about this tournament - playing in places you don’t normally, like at Ohio State for us or at Indiana State for a Cincy. Some cool atmospheres. Obviously, I hope Georgia can move forward and make the NCAA tournament next year and thereafter, but no reason the NIT can’t be supported well for solid teams that just missed the cut. I’ll watch any basketball. Some good Ken Pom teams playing.

I think that’s what I like most about this tournament - playing in places you don’t normally, like at Ohio State for us or at Indiana State for a Cincy. Some cool atmospheres. Obviously, I hope Georgia can move forward and make the NCAA tournament next year and thereafter, but no reason the NIT can’t be supported well for solid teams that just missed the cut. I’ll watch any basketball. Some good Ken Pom teams playing.

With 4 potential super senior starters, you should do well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT