ADVERTISEMENT

SEC lifts alcohol ban

Isn’t bullit county close to legalizing medical MJ?
Jefferson Co. announced they were going to stop arresting people for recreational use and it would just be a $50 fine if cited for a small amount.

Once Bullitt County Detention Center started getting more money from the state by keeping it packed, then I haven't heard of legalizing marijuana since.

“The SEC has taken the right approach to this important issue by deferring to the individual, member institutions to make decisions about what is in the best interests of each university, their programs, and their fans.

“Led by Director Barnhart, UK will take the next several months to consider this issue. We will, as always, seek to do what is right for the University, our student-athletes, and the experience and safety of our fans.”

— President Eli Capilouto

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Please not at basketball games. We don’t need drunks there . If you can’t go an hour and a half without a drink stay at home .
Football ok I Guess but not basketball . We don’t need the distraction and the time of the game is half of the marathon football has become to feed the TVGods.

Please not at basketball games. We don’t need drunks there . If you can’t go an hour and a half without a drink stay at home .
Football ok I Guess but not basketball . We don’t need the distraction and the time of the game is half of the marathon football has become to feed the TVGods.

In general I tend to favor more freedom, fewer restrictions. Let adults have an adult beverage, and let the sports venue earn some extra dollars. But I’m going to agree with you here.

One of the wonderful things about visiting Rupp for a game is that 99.9% of the folks in there are friendly, gracious and well behaved. Would be a shame to deminish that by adding in some drunken loudmouths acting all foolish.

This is the same mentality bible thumper counties that wont go wet have. "Crime will rise, our streets will ne filthy, drunk drivers every where!!!) Except there is zero correlation. Have you ever been in public? Watched the Raptors game last night, didnt see ppl puking in aisles and falling down stairs. Been to plenty of sporting events..no problem. You see...they dont have to sell you anything if you are too intoxicated..they are actually obligated not to. I've never seen anyone drink 15 beers at a basketball game anyway.

How will a family enjoy it? They will the same as they do at every other event that's ever been held.

As far as football not selling is why ppl are so hammered coming in now bc no one regulates the tailgate and they binge bc there will be none inside the game. If anything it will lower ppl get sh't housed in the parking lot then coming in, they're more likely to just come in and if they are too drunk already tada! They wont sell it to them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT