ADVERTISEMENT

SEC/ACC Challenge Matchups

2023 ACC/SEC Men's Challenge

Tuesday, Nov. 28

LSU at Syracuse, 7 p.m.
Missouri at Pitt, 7 p.m.
Mississippi State at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m.
Notre Dame at South Carolina, 7 p.m.
Miami at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m.
NC State at Ole Miss, 9 p.m.
Clemson at Alabama, 9:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 29

Tennessee at North Carolina, 7:15 p.m.
Texas A&M at Virginia, 7:15 p.m.
Florida at Wake Forest, 7:15 p.m.
Duke at Arkansas, 9:15 p.m.
Virginia Tech at Auburn, 9:15 p.m.
Georgia at Florida State, 9:15 p.m.
Boston College at Vanderbilt, 9:15 p.m.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
So much for Duke at Rupp. What a bogus dumb decision by the coordinators.

You have ABSOLUTE GOLD in your pocket for the inaugural season and you blow it? I mean you give UK either UNC or Duke, anything else is just brain dead. Who are these people, I wanna send them a bag of shit.

So much for Duke at Rupp. What a bogus dumb decision by the coordinators.

You have ABSOLUTE GOLD in your pocket for the inaugural season and you blow it? I mean you give UK either UNC or Duke, anything else is just brain dead. Who are these people, I wanna send them a bag of shit.
They probably don’t think Kentucky is worthy of that matchup

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

I guess that means we won't play Duke until at least the 2025/2026 season as we are scheduled to play them in the Champions Classic in 2024/2025 season if my math is right. We played MSU last year, Duke the year before that, and are playing Kansas this year.

This year we are at home. Next year we are away. So the 2025/2026 season we should play Duke at Rupp (or whomever we play that year).

Miami will lose its two leading scorers from last season — Isaiah Wong and Jordan Miller — but should still return a formidable roster for the 2023-24 campaign. The team’s three other starters from last season — guards Nijel Pack and Wooga Poplar, and forward Norchad Omier — will all be back, and the program will also bring in 6-foot-7 junior guard Matthew Cleveland, a former five-star recruit who led Florida State in points per game and total rebounds last season.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article276832566.html#storylink=cpy

Honestly, they took who they projected as the top 2 SEC teams and put them against Duke and UNC. Miami has been a top 4 ACC team in the past five years, they just don't have the name cache.

The only other "higher profile" team was probably Virginia, but did we really want to watch a YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED Kentucky team against Virginia? Talk about boring.

They probably don’t think Kentucky is worthy of that matchup
This is exactly what I concluded. Preseason ranking not high enough. Afraid Cal would get blown out again. Notice Tenn and Ark are matched with the big guys. Can't argue with their reasoning. May as well get used to it. We are middle of the pack now. This is what $9 mil/yr has bought us.

Last edited:
Kind of a big letdown IMO. Only see 2 or 3 attractive games on that schedule. Will Rupp even be full for that game versus Miami?

Kind of a big letdown IMO. Only see 2 or 3 attractive games on that schedule. Will Rupp even be full for that game versus Miami?
It's a good opponent, just not the one we wanted.

I don't know why they didn't get us UNC and UT to Miami.

UT vs UNC is not much of a draw or rivalry. Where UK/UNC (no matter how either program is doing, will ALWAYS draw viewers.

Honestly, they took who they projected as the top 2 SEC teams and put them against Duke and UNC. Miami has been a top 4 ACC team in the past five years, they just don't have the name cache.

The only other "higher profile" team was probably Virginia, but did we really want to watch a YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED Kentucky team against Virginia? Talk about boring.
Virginia isn't even that good. I mean they flamed out early yet again. (I know we did to, but lets be real....UVA is not on the same level as us. Bennett is not that great of a tourney coach. )

An inexperience UK team vs UVA might be 20-15 by half time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT