ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket renewals

We got 8 again this season. Sadly only made 5 games last season due to issues but hope to make them all this year.

We got 8 again this season. Sadly only made 5 games last season due to issues but hope to make them all this year.
4 here...got jury duty this coming week if it makes me miss spring game I'm gonna be pissed!!! Got a great seat saved for me in the "recruiting room." to watch the game:joy::scream::sunglasses::football:

Reactions: law1127
4 here...got jury duty this coming week if it makes me miss spring game I'm gonna be pissed!!! Got a great seat saved for me in the "recruiting room." to watch the game:joy::scream::sunglasses::football:

Good luck. And watch out for those folding chairs, they can be tricky.

Oh wait, did they not just bring those over from the old place? The rifle team needs a lot of support to stay one top of the heap.

Last edited:
Any one have any idea how season ticket sales will go this year, with the most talent AND experience we have had in several decades, if not forever.

I'm confused ... if you're at jury duty AND have a seat in the "recruiting room" to watch the spring game ... are you talking about watching the UL game? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any one have any idea how season ticket sales will go this year, with the most talent AND experience we have had in several decades, if not forever.

Season ticket holder for 10 years, won’t renew this year. Partly due to the home schedule being so bad. The other part is that Stoops has a lot to prove this year IMO. No more excuses, win the games you’re supposed to and a few you’re not. He’s got the talent now-redshirts, recruiting and returning upperclassmen. If he can’t do it with what he has, he simply can’t do it.

I have renewed my four tickets. We have had them for around 25 years. We started out on the home side in the upper deck way up in row 36. We kept working our way down and closer to midfield. After the renovation, we are now on the visitors side in the upper deck around the 40 yard line in row 17 on the recruiting room end of the field.

I have a slightly off topic question for anyone who knows. Does anyone know if they are adding seat backs to the upper deck on the visitors side this year? We always bring stadium chairs with us, but if there are seat backs, we may have to just bring pads or something. I don't think our stadium chairs will work very well with seat backs.

I'm confused ... if you're at jury duty AND have a seat in the "recruiting room" to watch the spring game ... are you talking about watching the UL game? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Private joke!!! Hopefully I can
I have renewed my four tickets. We have had them for around 25 years. We started out on the home side in the upper deck way up in row 36. We kept working our way down and closer to midfield. After the renovation, we are now on the visitors side in the upper deck around the 40 yard line in row 17 on the recruiting room end of the field.

I have a slightly off topic question for anyone who knows. Does anyone know if they are adding seat backs to the upper deck on the visitors side this year? We always bring stadium chairs with us, but if there are seat backs, we may have to just bring pads or something. I don't think our stadium chairs will work very well with seat backs.
I was told they are supposed to... I sure hope so

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost In FL
Just renewed this morning.
Renewed/didn't renew, wanted different seats (had 3 last season) bought 3 seats in different local, under daughters name. Every time I tried, it only wanted to show me the seats I had last season, getting up in age to heck with walking up and down that ramp. Going to miss the "Shelby County Boys" that sat behind us tho, hope to run into you guys (Tyler and Todd). at the games.

The
Renewed/didn't renew, wanted different seats (had 3 last season) bought 3 seats in different local, under daughters name. Every time I tried, it only wanted to show me the seats I had last season, getting up in age to heck with walking up and down that ramp. Going to miss the "Shelby County Boys" that sat behind us tho, hope to run into you guys (Tyler and Todd). at the games.
Ride the elevators!

Season ticket holder for 10 years, won’t renew this year. Partly due to the home schedule being so bad. The other part is that Stoops has a lot to prove this year IMO. No more excuses, win the games you’re supposed to and a few you’re not. He’s got the talent now-redshirts, recruiting and returning upperclassmen. If he can’t do it with what he has, he simply can’t do it.
Hahahahahaha

The ignore button is a great addition to the forum, merrimanm.

I know several people who are buying season tix for the first time. They'll take his seat. One less numb nut in the crowd.

If Stoops doesn’t have a better showing this year there will be many more open seats available. You sunshine pumpers are the best form of entertainment.

What’s with this UK standard thing? It’s ok to be mediocre?
You lasted through the Jokers years, if you’re not lying about being a season tix holder, but now you discontinue season tix with the program landing 4 star recruits and starting to be consistent and improving every year. One bizarre ejection away from beating a very consistent program like Northwestern last year but now you’ve had enough.

You lasted through the Jokers years, if you’re not lying about being a season tix holder, but now you discontinue season tix with the program landing 4 star recruits and starting to be consistent and improving every year. One bizarre ejection away from beating a very consistent program like Northwestern last year but now you’ve had enough.

Making it through the Joker years was tough. Didn’t expect much from him and thought it was a bad hire from the get go so not really surprised that we sucked.

Was excited when we landed Stoops-thought we were on our way to being something more than a foot mat for the SEC. Not expecting SEC Champs or anything like that-just beat those that we are supposed to and play displined football.

Disappointed with Stoops as a coach-don’t see any resemblance of an offensive or defensive strategy. He lacks discipline himself and makes very poor decisions overall.

Tired of the Billy Gillespie approach to improvement, we have to work harder, need to be tougher, etc. Are we in a better spot than we were with Joker? Yes, no doubt about it. IMO Stoops has reached his ceiling and we have nowhere to go but down with him at the helm. I hope I’m wrong and UK Football becomes exciting for me again. Just not feeling it..

Reactions: sluggercatfan
What’s with this UK standard thing? It’s ok to be mediocre?
That' easy. Because we are UK. Programs have to look at everything through the lens of what they are and how they are perceived. Changing how you are perceived and transforming a program from what it has historically been takes a lot of time and people have to be able to recognize progress. You do that by comparing what a new coach accomplishes compared to what his predecessors did. Acting like being mediocre is okay is a BS comment. Nobody wants mediocre anything. It's a matter of being realistic about the rate of progress.

How long have you been a season ticket holder? I have been one for over 25 years and have been a fan longer than that. I have sat through some pretty horrible football games and watched, or listened to, a lot more. It makes no sense to me why anyone wouldn't be more excited about UK football now than they would have been at most times over the last 35 years.

Will Stoops become our Bear or Spurrier? Who knows, but he is certainly doing better than most coaches during my lifetime that didn't cheat.

Reactions: jauk11

There’s a way to get around that. During the jury selection process, answer yes to all of the criminal questions asked by the lawyers...you will be the first one dismissed.

I live close enough now to get season tickets but have some medical issues going on. I hope to get them next year if everything works out.

Buying season tix now makes one a sunshine Pumper?

Nope, getting tickets are fine. Expect plenty will buy thickets this year. Plenty gave up their tickets after last year also. Some fans see progress, others see that we’re no better now than when Stoops took over. Recruiting has been better than any time I can remember but it hasn’t translated to the field yet.

That' easy. Because we are UK. Programs have to look at everything through the lens of what they are and how they are perceived. Changing how you are perceived and transforming a program from what it has historically been takes a lot of time and people have to be able to recognize progress. You do that by comparing what a new coach accomplishes compared to what his predecessors did. Acting like being mediocre is okay is a BS comment. Nobody wants mediocre anything. It's a matter of being realistic about the rate of progress.

How long have you been a season ticket holder? I have been one for over 25 years and have been a fan longer than that. I have sat through some pretty horrible football games and watched, or listened to, a lot more. It makes no sense to me why anyone wouldn't be more excited about UK football now than they would have been at most times over the last 35 years.

Will Stoops become our Bear or Spurrier? Who knows, but he is certainly doing better than most coaches during my lifetime that didn't cheat.

Wish I saw it the same way. The SEC has been down the last few years and we haven’t taken advantage of it. Offensive and defensive stats are nearly identical to the stats Joker put up during his tenure, with better players and with a weaker schedule. We also played a weak OOC schedule which helped yield wins and the trip to a bowl last year.

He has a ton of returning players, plenty of top level recruits and has had kids in the program learning under a red shirt year. Are we in agreement that there should be no more excuses for winning the games you’re favored in, picking up 1/2 unexpected wins and not have the embarrassing types of plays that we’ve seen over the last few years?

Reactions: sluggercatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT