ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp is trash

1:30 left in game, huge possessions....entire lower section behind benches was sitting.

Inexcusable. Takes one damn person to standup. Not one!
every possession in that second half was huge. from the time the score was in the 40's our biggest lead was 4 points and it was quickly erased. The amount of ties and lead changes was ridiculous. we were essentially trading baskets the whole rest of regulation. That was when we needed the crowd the most. once we had that four point lead the place should have been deafening to try and use the crowd to lure them into a turnover.

Reactions: KAB Cats
I don’t think the crowd lost the game
The point is, college teams thrive on home crowds and expect them to create an atmosphere that intimidates the opponent and makes it hard on them to come in and play well. See every damn SEC road game when UK comes to town.

At UK, the home crowd sits and waits to be entertained. They'll act interested when they feel like it, and maybe 2-3 times per season, for a BIG NAME, ranked opponent, they'll create something that resembles a college basketball home court advantage. But that's the exception. And that's a problem.

Huge difference.

I love going to Hinkle Fieldhouse and Mackey Arena. They make Rupp Arena feel like a regular season NBA game when the 2 best players on both teams are resting for load management purposes.

If you can't see this, you're wearing blue-tinted glasses and can't be objective about the issue AT ALL.

It’s not your older brother’s Florida. My penis hasn’t gotten erect for UF since Billy D. left. Those fans have seen all the big games in Rupp. They’ve been there before. Florida is peanuts for them.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The point is, college teams thrive on home crowds and expect them to create an atmosphere that intimidates the opponent and makes it hard on them to come in and play well. See every damn SEC road game when UK comes to town.

At UK, the home crowd sits and waits to be entertained. They'll act interested when they feel like it, and maybe 2-3 times per season, for a BIG NAME, ranked opponent, they'll create something that resembles a college basketball home court advantage. But that's the exception. And that's a problem.

Huge difference.

I love going to Hinkle Fieldhouse and Mackey Arena. They make Rupp Arena feel like a regular season NBA game when the 2 best players on both teams are resting for load management purposes.

If you can't see this, you're wearing blue-tinted glasses and can't be objective about the issue AT ALL.

Ive been saying for many years that first 6-10 rows should be ALL students.

/thread.

Rupp will never be like Duke or Kansas home crowds. As much as we all hate those 2 teams they have the best crowds that never let their team down when they need the crowd noise especially in the key end of games they are going wild and will do anything to help their teams pull out the win.

Rupp will never be like Duke or Kansas home crowds. As much as we all hate those 2 teams they have the best crowds that never let their team down when they need the crowd noise especially in the key end of games they are going wild and will do anything to help their teams pull out the win.
Are you speaking as an OSU, XU, Wright State, UK, L, M, N, O, or P fan?

Huge difference.

Rupp has been like this forever. You think the people that have been donors and are long time season ticket holders should be moved out? Matters not to me I don’t know any of them.
The crowd did not lose the game, the game was there to win and our $9,000,000 wonder shit the bed.

Reactions: UKortho

Huge difference.

You said college teams thrive on the crowd blah, blah, blah. I would accept that the crowd needs to cheer, BUT the players (and coaches, too) should take some responsibility also and put a decent product on the floor. Some look like they don't even want to be there!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Reactions: UKortho
Have you ever tried to stand up at Rupp? People will call ushers over to have you sit down if you're up more than 5 seconds.
Well it is time to get the old folks out. If they don’t like it, tough. We need support, a golf clap every 15 minutes of game actions isn’t a home court advantage. No wonder so many guys light us up at home.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The ice cream thing is so damn cringey I'm almost embarrassed. That's our home court advantage, a bunch of old and obese people shoving their face with soft serve?

No wonder why no teams are ever intimidated to come here.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wait until your hear how rocking Rupp is today!! Boy, I bet the loudest standing ovation of the evening miiiiiiiiiiiiiight last approximately 12.7 seconds.

But it has ice cream!!

You said college teams thrive on the crowd blah, blah, blah. I would accept that the crowd needs to cheer, BUT the players (and coaches, too) should take some responsibility also and put a decent product on the floor. Some look like they don't even want to be there!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
Spoken like a true blue hair.

Reactions: susan2361
Rupp has been like this forever. You think the people that have been donors and are long time season ticket holders should be moved out? Matters not to me I don’t know any of them.
The crowd did not lose the game, the game was there to win and our $9,000,000 wonder shit the bed.
You just don't get it.

Please go to one of the dozens of other gyms for a game. You'll walk out angry at the fan experience that Rupp provides. Guaranteed.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Fine, I do get it, but getting p’oed about Rupp does me as much good as getting my piss hot at Cal. I can’t do a thing about either.
Nobody is taking the seats away from donors that support the university. Students benefit year round from these donations. We get upset about the crowd a few times per year- however, that’s a very poor take to say get rid of the “old people”.
The people saying this are not writing the checks or going to the games.

It’s easy to make these statements when you are watching from home.

Everyone complaining in this thread should state how much they donate to the university and how many games they attend. I bet the vast majority would be $0 and 0 (unless they got a free ticket).

Nobody is taking the seats away from donors that support the university. Students benefit year round from these donations. We get upset about the crowd a few times per year- however, that’s a very poor take to say get rid of the “old people”.
The people saying this are not writing the checks or going to the games.

It’s easy to make these statements when you are watching from home.

Everyone complaining in this thread should state how much they donate to the university and how many games they attend. I bet the vast majority would be $0 and 0 (unless they got a free ticket).
The people that complain about the crowd at Rupp (the blue hairs) bother me more than the crowd at Rupp.

It won’t be “up”. It’s never “up”. It gets loud for 10 seconds and then 95% of them CANNOT WAIT to sit back down. The sense that Rupp is great for big games is false as well. I’ve been to those games too. It just gets a little louder for those brief periods of time is the only difference.

I agree that a lot of it is because of Cal and the feeling he’s given us about the program as a whole, but I’d just like to see what a difference it would make if we had a rowdy crowd from start to finish for an ENITRE GAME just one time.
This is a terrible take and reeks of ignorance. You clearly have never been to another college basketball game with this stupid take.

The crowd didn’t squander a game that we led by 4 with 20 seconds left. I wasn’t at the game but crowd looked good and in to it on TV.
I was there and it was a much better rupp crowd than it usually is. Peopel in the lower levels were standing and getting into it. There’s a picture going around on social media of a bunch people sitting, and everybody is saying the crowd is terrible, and the game wasn’t even being played yet.

Reactions: jedwar and UKortho
I was there and it was a much better rupp crowd than it usually is. Peopel in the lower levels were standing and getting into it. There’s a picture going around on social media of a bunch people sitting, and everybody is saying the crowd is terrible, and the game wasn’t even being played yet.
Yes. People don’t stand and yell before the game.

all people see are the "big" games at other schools

because just like the fans of those schools, no one is going to get excited about their team playing a nobody

there isn't a person here that sees Kansas play Yale on TV and thinks its must watch TV, or will report back how rocking the crowd was for that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT