ADVERTISEMENT

SDS takes another shot at UK Football

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2016
It's shit like this that KILLS me...The disrespect to the hard work our players/coaches put in is like no other on this site.

DH7Xlq8UIAARi1h.jpg

Reactions: woodson991
UK is definitely not being singled out in this silly pic, it's just making fun of the SEC being a one team league (Bama) and wondering if the other teams will even try to compete with them this year. Not sure how the OP singled out UK as being the disrespected team. Yeah, the OM mascot is just bad.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
UK is definitely not being singled out in this silly pic, it's just making fun of the SEC being a one team league (Bama) and wondering if the other teams will even try to compete with them this year. Not sure how the OP singled out UK as being the disrespected team. Yeah, the OM mascot is just bad.
This.

Um, OP, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? This is clearly singling out all thirteen schools outside of Alabama. Also, what right do we, as UK fans, to get upset about media disses after all of these years of futility? Go out and prove it on the field, and respect will follow.

Not singled out, granted, but SDS toonist can suck it for the hoops reference, just the same.
That's what I'm talking bout. It's like they're saying, we should'n't even put the pads on. We should just go worry about basketball, that's what I'm disputing. I know it's singling out all other teams besides Alabama.

Reactions: jnewc2
The little USCJR cock, just looks limp between MSU and A@M

Yeah, he is the one disrespected, I didn't even see him on the first two looks, I was going to report him missing. And he is barely there.

Yeah the Kentucky basketball program could say the same in most years about the SEC. But I'm hoping the football team shows that they belong this year.

Reactions: ORCAT
The smiling cat at least looks happy about having national status in basketball. The rest of the league apparently has nothing to smile about. The whole reference is about nobody being able to step up and challenge Bama. At least their was a slight reference to UK being a national power in the other major sport.

Reactions: BlueUKats#9
The smiling cat at least looks happy about having national status in basketball. The rest of the league apparently has nothing to smile about. The whole reference is about nobody being able to step up and challenge Bama. At least their was a slight reference to UK being a national power in the other major sport.

Just read the Facebook comments under the original SDS post. Kentucky is getting ripped mercilessly by the rest of our SEC brethren. I'm not sure why some of our fans are under the illusion that having a good basketball program buys us some sort of credibility with the rest of the league. It's not looked at as a positive to be elite at basketball, it's looked at as a negative. It's looked at as a distraction from football. There's a reason the wildcat is the only mascot grinning like a fool in the picture while the rest of the SEC teams in the picture are frowning and the Arkansas mascot is looking at us like we're crazy. Basketball has killed us and will continue to kill us until we prove we're serious about football. Until that time we'll be viewed as a grinning wildcat dribbling a basketball while everyone else is focused on the most important, popular, financially rewarding sport in the country.

It's shit like this that KILLS me...The disrespect to the hard work our players/coaches put in is like no other on this site.

DH7Xlq8UIAARi1h.jpg

The best part is the wildcat mascot grinning, basically saying "I couldn't care less about how we do at football this year". Everyone else in the pic is frowning, but we're just counting down the days until basketball starts and we can see the new crop of players that are using us as a stepping stone for the NBA! Ahh, the perks of being a basketball school. Gotta love it.

Reactions: gobigblue812
It is delusional to think this is anything but a jab at UK, tossed in with a general chuckle at the expense of every school in the conference without Lord Saban for HBC.

Reactions: gobigblue812
Um, OP, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? This is clearly singling out all thirteen schools outside of Alabama. Also, what right do we, as UK fans, to get upset about media disses after all of these years of futility? Go out and prove it on the field, and respect will follow.
I see the Cat's at the fore front and not in the back like vandy

Reactions: LordEgg
Just read the Facebook comments under the original SDS post. Kentucky is getting ripped mercilessly by the rest of our SEC brethren. I'm not sure why some of our fans are under the illusion that having a good basketball program buys us some sort of credibility with the rest of the league. It's not looked at as a positive to be elite at basketball, it's looked at as a negative. It's looked at as a distraction from football. There's a reason the wildcat is the only mascot grinning like a fool in the picture while the rest of the SEC teams in the picture are frowning and the Arkansas mascot is looking at us like we're crazy. Basketball has killed us and will continue to kill us until we prove we're serious about football. Until that time we'll be viewed as a grinning wildcat dribbling a basketball while everyone else is focused on the most important, popular, financially rewarding sport in the country.

BS

They just think, "If we cared about bball, we could be as good as Ky too...but no one cares about bbal ." To fans of other schools, bball is a fall-back for schools that can't make it in Football: the game that matters in the South.
Personally, I believe Ky could be good at both, but I'm absolutely convinced some of the movers and shakers throughout the state don't want that to happen. They don't want anything to detract from their bball team.

It is delusional to think this is anything but a jab at UK, tossed in with a general chuckle at the expense of every school in the conference without Lord Saban for HBC.

That's just paranoid, I didn't even see the BB for a long time, if anything its paying a compliment to UK. If the other 13 teams were over with Bama, yeah a jab at UK, but its the opposite. 13 teams standing there with Bama over by themself.

That's just paranoid, I didn't even see the BB for a long time, if anything its paying a compliment to UK. If the other 13 teams were over with Bama, yeah a jab at UK, but its the opposite. 13 teams standing there with Bama over by themself.
Well, walk a mile in some blue shoes, and check your level of paranoia on the subject. It gets old seeing or hearing a basketball reference connected to football constantly.

They just think, "If we cared about bball, we could be as good as Ky too...but no one cares about bbal ." To fans of other schools, bball is a fall-back for schools that can't make it in Football: the game that matters in the South.
Personally, I believe Ky could be good at both, but I'm absolutely convinced some of the movers and shakers throughout the state don't want that to happen. They don't want anything to detract from their bball team.
I no longer share this perspective.

Well, walk a mile in some blue shoes, and check your level of paranoia on the subject. It gets old seeing or hearing a basketball reference connected to football constantly.

Even if is as you think, UK is being recognized for being good in something, what about the other 12? How is that being more disrespectful to UK than the other 12 teams who are being recognized for nothing more than letting the conference slide? If you turn it around, UK is the only one being shown any respect.

Even if is as you think, UK is being recognized for being good in something, what about the other 12? How is that being more disrespectful to UK than the other 12 teams who are being recognized for nothing more than letting the conference slide? If you turn it around, UK is the only one being shown any respect.
The point continues to go over your head. We want to be noticed with everyone else when its football season. If we're going by your logic, why doesn't Vandy's mascot have a baseball in his hand? This is a shot at everyone else besides Alabama but SDS took a special shot at UK and as indy said, we UK Football fans, are tried of being tied in with basketball with every reference to football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT