ADVERTISEMENT

SDS Prediction for our season

I'm not ok with a third straight 7-5/3-5 season. I've been a pretty big Stoops supporter over the years, but 3 years in a row of that and it's time to move on (although I know it wouldn't happen). Honestly, I'd rather us have a couple of bad seasons (4-8 type seasons) to move on to a different coach than to just sit in 7-5 mediocrity.

Last year was a huge missed opportunity. Had we gone 9-3, which was doable, or 8-4, 7-5 would be more acceptable this year.

I'm not ok with a third straight 7-5/3-5 season. I've been a pretty big Stoops supporter over the years, but 3 years in a row of that and it's time to move on (although I know it wouldn't happen). Honestly, I'd rather us have a couple of bad seasons (4-8 type seasons) to move on to a different coach than to just sit in 7-5 mediocrity.
Winning >7 games this season with the schedule we have is gonna be tough. We play, what, 8 or 9 preseason top 25 teams? I mean, yeah, I get it. We all want 8+ wins consistently. But, that's a tall order to win that many this year against what will be one of the toughest schedules in the country. Especially considering breaking in a new OC, a new QB, several new RBs, a secondary that is unproven thus far, at least 2 new starters on the OL, etc. Not saying it can't happen, just that it would be somewhat surprising if all the above proved to be just fine and we won the games we should, all/most of the tossup and at least one big upset.

However, I don't get the love for USCjr. They've become the UofL of the SEC - preseason love, actual season mediocrity. Yes, they've beaten us recently but, on paper, I think we're superior to them this year. It's not a 'gimme' game by any means and we can't take them lightly, but I believe that would be an upset if they win.

Winning >7 games this season with the schedule we have is gonna be tough. We play, what, 8 or 9 preseason top 25 teams? I mean, yeah, I get it. We all want 8+ wins consistently. But, that's a tall order to win that many this year against what will be one of the toughest schedules in the country. Especially considering breaking in a new OC, a new QB, several new RBs, a secondary that is unproven thus far, at least 2 new starters on the OL, etc. Not saying it can't happen, just that it would be somewhat surprising if all the above proved to be just fine and we won the games we should, all/most of the tossup and at least one big upset.

However, I don't get the love for USCjr. They've become the UofL of the SEC - preseason love, actual season mediocrity. Yes, they've beaten us recently but, on paper, I think we're superior to them this year. It's not a 'gimme' game by any means and we can't take them lightly, but I believe that would be an upset if they win.
We play 4 teams in the preseason top 25. Last year, we played 5 teams that finished the season in the top 25. The year before, we played 4 teams that finished the season in the top 25. Our schedule this year is very comparable to our schedule last year, but actually set up much better.

I just cannot get on board with 7-5 seasons over and over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT