ADVERTISEMENT

Scoop (potentially big news)

Sent this name to an old colleague I have from Slovenia who speaks Croatian (they are neighbor countries).

He said it's "Iv-i-sich", and not Iv as in Iverson, or long I for the second i. And the c is "ch", like chicks or cheese.

Not too hard to pronounce, nor is is first name.

Honestly, it's about time Cal changed his ways and went for some Euro talent. I personally think he's been missing the boat for far too long on that talent pool.

Sent this name to an old colleague I have from Slovenia who speaks Croatian (they are neighbor countries).

He said it's "Iv-i-sich", and not Iv as in Iverson, or long I for the second i. And the c is "ch", like chicks or cheese.

Honestly, it's about time Cal changed his ways and went for some Euro talent. I personally think he's been missing the boat for far too long on that talent pool.
Agreed. Arizona was ahead of the game on that. About time we got more involved here.

Change the narrative however you want to justify getting back on the bandwagon.

The new assistants have nothing to do with it. And one season ago we were a 2 seed. Cal is the same guy he's been since he walked in the door.
So the new assistants have nothing to do with getting us some of the best players we have had in A LONG time. So are you saying Cal pulled in the class on his own. You must be hanging on his nuts!!

I’m in wait and see mode. It’s one thing to play a free flowing game in July that doesn’t mean anything but it’s another if we’re still doing it in SEC play. Plus Cal has not listened to his assistants in quite some time.

It’s a shame that it took Cal’s job security being in jeopardy if we had another bad season, to give him the kick in the ass he needed to make necessary changes.
Whatever it took I am all for it if it helps my team!! UK!!

Gonzaga was actually the program that was ahead of the curve when Tommy Lloyd was there for 20 years with a focus on recruiting international players. He’s translated that recruiting strategy to Arizona.
Yeah, they definitely started the international trend. I was just thinking about Arizona because they seem to have been more Euro focused specifically over the past few years.

After watching how talented the 7-2 guy is, it would really be hard to fathom us losing many games at all. Camping him out around the rim on defense and the way he can shoot would allow us to keep playing loose and free all over the court on offense and still score a ton of points every game.
Really like his game. Think he gives us more than what Bradshaw would have given us. Never been sold on Bradshaw, great potential but don’t think it will be recognized until after he has already left UK.

Off topic: visited Slovenia last summer and I would live there in a heartbeat. Ljubljana is a great city, and the countryside is much like eastern Kentucky, but with incredible lakes. Almost everyone speaks English and they love basketball. We were there for a Euro league game featuring Luka and it was crazy, but also super safe feeling. Hidden gem of Europe.

Change the narrative however you want to justify getting back on the bandwagon.

The new assistants have nothing to do with it. And one season ago we were a 2 seed. Cal is the same guy he's been since he walked in the door.
Our message board community's response to your posts:

giphy.gif

Someone mentioned this, but I checked out his Instagram and he started following a few UK players and vice versa. Cal hasn't tweeted much the last few days, hopefully he went to Croatia or wherever this dude currently lives to close the deal personally.

This is gonna be a guard/wing dominated team but I'd feel a lot better having an extra big man in case these foot injuries linger or if Klutch starts their bullshit at some point during the season. And even if Cal can't help himself and throws multiple bigs on the floor, at least we can take solace in the fact that they're actually skilled and know how to dribble, pass and shoot. Plus potentially getting a Euro pipeline could be huge for the future.

New highlight video I found on Youtube earlier:

Off topic: visited Slovenia last summer and I would live there in a heartbeat. Ljubljana is a great city, and the countryside is much like eastern Kentucky, but with incredible lakes. Almost everyone speaks English and they love basketball. We were there for a Euro league game featuring Luka and it was crazy, but also super safe feeling. Hidden gem of Europe.
Yep, I went for work probably 6 times or so in 2021 and early 2022. Most of my work was up in Celje, but I did get to spend a couple weekends in Ljubljana, and then a weekend drive down to Rijeka, Croatia (beautiful place).

After years of traveling to Europe and pretty much at the point of "meh, nothing new to see - everything looks the same in every EU city", I found Slovenia to be completely different and a breath of fresh air. Would definitely retire their (and they love their Slovenian pro sports players - they can rattle off all of the Tour de France cyclists, ski jumpers, Olympic team members, and their guys Dragic and Doncic in the NBA).

Gotta love that we might have two seven+ footers who can shoot the ball and block shots in the form of Ivisic and Bradshaw. Both are really fluid. Onyenso gives you that prototypical big man who can block shots and rebound. Mitchell is your modern stretch five. Lots of options when one also considers how Thiero can play the four. You get elite rebounding from your three spot with Thiero and Edwards.

This dude will gain eligibility as soon as we get Enis Kanter cleared to play.

Waiting on that NCAA ruling.....................,...
Luckily mark emmert, or whatever his name is, is gone. The Kanter ruling was directly correlated to TJones commitment and de-commitment to Washington and then a year later Kanter was a Washington recruit that chose Kentucky. Marky mark was the Washington President prior to the NCAA prez. Same year he sent us the 5+ page cease and desist letter regarding Cals 500 wins ball even though there were 20+ other schools that were showing wins in their programs that the NCAA didn’t recognize.

I mean, you had a guy who played in the same league as Kanter that was eligible at WVU the same season. Kanter took an education stipend that was still sitting in a bank account and had vowed to pay it all back and sit a full year tk be eligible year 2….and that rat banned him from college athletics out of spite

I've always wanted Kentucky to have a Taco Bell in the paint, and I guess this is as close as can be. Sign him up!

Edit: Meant Tacko Fall, but I'm not changing it now, suckers!
Yep, those little sissy grammar freaks would have let you know quickly, they hide behind their little devices just waiting every day to get their jollies.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderMash
Remember with Mr 7-2 blocking everything around the rim and Sheppard blocking some three shots, we should be able to keep the opponents scoring down pretty good. And with the new found offense, that is what makes you dream what we could be with a big man like that.

LOL @ the idea Cal is the same guy he's always been.

I've been a HUGE Cal detractor of late. And I'm going to give him all of the props right now. BECAUSE he's actually changing.

We used to put no emphasis on shooters/shooting. We seem to have fixed that.

We were running an antiquated offense. Cal went and got Welch. Now in Canada we're running 5 out--we have actual spacing--and we're actually shooting/making 3's.

The recruiting had stagnated badly. He overhauled the staff.

We're falling behind in NIL, he's launching this La Familia "not" collective.

Scuttlebutt is he’s a Cat, IF we can get him eligible. That’ll be the snag, if there is one. Just reading the tea leaves.
Seems like the Zags,Zona and UCLA have gotten players eligible who played pro overseas.I don't think it will be the problem many expect.

I’m in wait and see mode. It’s one thing to play a free flowing game in July that doesn’t mean anything but it’s another if we’re still doing it in SEC play. Plus Cal has not listened to his assistants in quite some time.

It’s a shame that it took Cal’s job security being in jeopardy if we had another bad season, to give him the kick in the ass he needed to make necessary changes.
IMO Cal has made changes but they didnt work.Talent has been down past 5 years. I don't think Cal fears losing his job. I would think his motivation comes from being made fun of. Guys sec teams were laughing at us last year. If im Cal I don't forget that,ever.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Luckily mark emmert, or whatever his name is, is gone. The Kanter ruling was directly correlated to TJones commitment and de-commitment to Washington and then a year later Kanter was a Washington recruit that chose Kentucky. Marky mark was the Washington President prior to the NCAA prez. Same year he sent us the 5+ page cease and desist letter regarding Cals 500 wins ball even though there were 20+ other schools that were showing wins in their programs that the NCAA didn’t recognize.

I mean, you had a guy who played in the same league as Kanter that was eligible at WVU the same season. Kanter took an education stipend that was still sitting in a bank account and had vowed to pay it all back and sit a full year tk be eligible year 2….and that rat banned him from college athletics out of spite
We are still UK, and they are still the NCAA........

IMO Cal has made changes but they didnt work.Talent has been down past 5 years. I don't think Cal fears losing his job. I would think his motivation comes from being made fun of. Guys sec teams were laughing at us last year. If im Cal I don't forget that,ever.
It would be great if Cal thought that way but there is ample evidence that he doesn't.

Reactions: westerncat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT