ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer.

Arizona is lucky they weren't called for a T for pulling up on the rim after the dunk. There was still time on the clock

Scheyer is a great recruiter but can he Coach. It’s going to be hard on him to follow Coach K.

The refs actually thought of calling a technical foul against Arizona when their player dunked it to seal the win. If one second was left in regulation, it wouldn't have surprised me if the call had been made.

Fliposwki tried drawing a foul with his flop.

Jay Bilas was hoping for the technical foul. Bilas just makes you want to vomit when he announces Duke games.

Fairly important loss for them. That's one of only a handful of ranked teams they will play all year.

As of now it's MSU (who is dropping big in rankings tuesday), Arky, Baylor, Miami and UNC x2, the latter of which I think could fall out of rankings by the time they play. ACC might get another team or two ranked. But that's it for Dukes chances for big wins just 5 or 6 left.

And while I don't think a loss to Arizona will hurt their recruiting future, it stops Scheyers legacy from exploding.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
You might need to wipe the corner of your mouth, you still have some white icing there.
I guarantee you Duke doesn't hasn't had a three page thread about Kentucky losing a November game on their message boards over the last few years.

We've now had three or four Duke threads since the summer.

I guarantee you Duke doesn't hasn't had a three page thread about Kentucky losing a November game on their message boards over the last few years.

I'm not entirely sure the majority of Duke fans even know other rivals exist outside of UNC. And I'm not exaggerating. March rolls around and they dust off their Duke hoodie, all set to root for that one white guy they read about. Two weeks later and it's on to Yankee season!

They don’t have enough active members over there to hold a conversation that long. That’s why all 7 of them hang out and post over here.

They don’t have enough active members over there to hold a conversation that long. That’s why all 7 of them hang out and post over here.
Well, they've beaten us for almost every substantial recruit since 2016, which just solidifies my point that they're ahead of Kentucky right now in terms of national prestige.

We've lost to them for just about everybody who mattered:

Tatum
Giles
Bagley
Johnson
Carey
Barrett
Zion
Reddish
Flagg
Flipowski
Banchero
Ingram
Kennard
Griffin

In that span we've beaten them for

Gabriel
Travis
Montgomery
Murray
Knox
Diallo
Boston

Last edited:
Well, they've beaten us for almost every substantial recruit since 2016, which just solidifies my point that they're ahead of Kentucky right now in terms of national prestige.

Tatum
Giles
Bagley
Johnson
Carey
Barrett
Zion
Reddish
Flagg
Flipowski
Banchero
Ingram
Kennard
Griffin

Gabriel
Travis
Montgomery
Murray
Diallo
Boston

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have a good day, sir.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Tatum
Giles
Bagley
Johnson
Carey
Barrett
Zion
Reddish
Flagg
Flipowski
Banchero
Ingram
Kennard
Griffin

Gabriel
Travis
Montgomery
Murray
Diallo
Boston
Meh. Many of those guys we didn’t get in on until late. Also, duke backs away from some recruits that they think they have any chance of not getting. I’m almost sure they’d love to have guys like: Fox, Monk, Bam, Wagner, Shep, Dilly, etc. Furthermore, you left out Clarke. Plus, it’s well known that Nike has been a recruit factory for duke for several years now.

More wins, more championships, more final fours. Sit down, little guy.

More players in the league, more max contracts. Sit down, small guy.
None of that has helped us beat them for any top 10 recruits except for Boston/Clarke/Knox.

That's my point. You making this personal with the sexual references is bizarre. My frustration is that Calipari has not capitalized his advantages (some of which, you named) to be able to outmaneuver Duke on the recruiting aspect. Duke continues to outsell us with elite recruits.

That's frustrating. Our Final Four history and max contracts didn't seal the deal with Banchero, Barrett, Reddish, and many others. Calipari is responsible for surpassing Duke in recruiting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UKAlum88
Meh. Many of those guys we didn’t get in on until late. Also, duke backs away from some recruits that they think they have any chance of not getting. I’m almost sure they’d love to have guys like: Fox, Monk, Bam, Wagner, Shep, Dilly, etc. Furthermore, you left out Clarke. Plus, it’s well known that Nike has been a recruit factory for duke for several years now.
Okay.

Then Cal needs to get Nike back in his pocket, right?

You know me. I don't put out the Duke stuff with glee. I hate that they've owned us in recruiting for almost every significant recruit since 2014. Cal went right into the hornets nest with Nike, and he lost because of it.

At some point, Calipari needs to be more wise about choosing which hills he's going to die on. So far, he's made enemies with the referee community, Nike, the UK fan base, the media, and the NCAA.

That's a lot of people who he's chosen to piss off at the same time.

Okay.

Then Cal needs to get Nike back in his pocket, right?

You know me. I don't put out the Duke stuff with glee. I hate that they've owned us in recruiting for almost every significant recruit since 2014. Cal went right into the hornets nest with Nike, and he lost because of it.

At some point, Calipari needs to be more wise about choosing which hills he's going to die on. So far, he's made enemies with the referee community, Nike, the UK fan base, the media, and the NCAA.

That's a lot of people who he's chosen to piss off at the same time.
Oh I agree, brother. He’s been beaten head to head by duke for several guys. I’m just saying, if duke had went for guys like: Fox, Monk, Bam, Herro, KJ, Wagner, Dilly, Shep, Ugo, Bradshaw, etc., would they have been able to pluck them from UK?! I have serious doubts they would’ve gotten any of those guys. Obviously, duke felt the same way.

None of that has helped us beat them for any top 10 recruits except for Boston/Clarke/Knox.

That's my point. You making this personal with the sexual references is bizarre. My frustration is that Calipari has not capitalized his advantages (some of which, you named) to be able to outmaneuver Duke on the recruiting aspect. Duke continues to outsell us with elite recruits.

That's frustrating. Our Final Four history and max contracts didn't seal the deal with Banchero, Barrett, Reddish, and many others. Calipari is responsible for surpassing Duke in recruiting.

Take the L and move on, little one.

Tatum
Giles
Bagley
Johnson
Carey
Barrett
Zion
Reddish
Flagg
Flipowski
Banchero
Ingram
Kennard
Griffin

Gabriel
Travis
Montgomery
Murray
Knox
Diallo
Boston
And we're equal in titles since then. Zero.
Like I mentioned earlier I hate Duke. And always will hate Duke. And that goes beyond the court. But the court is a good outlet for that great dislike.

They are not the "it" program without K. They may still have pull and a crap ton of money, but they are not "it" If anything I'd say that kinda belongs to UConn. But no one school owns that "it" factor anymore. NIL fixed that.

Reactions: runt#69
I'm shocked that no one is talking about the absolutely abysmal inbounds play that Shy daddy drew up. LOL.
Seriously, he drew that up
Like there was only 2 seconds left.
With 5 seconds you just need to get in with some momentum going up court.
Plenty of time to get it down court for a good shot.

Reactions: MbergCat
OP is correct. Duke is not good without Filipowski. McCain looks decent. The rest can’t create nor can they play good defense

They will get the favorable whistle but they are not cutting the nets down.

Team is too soft.

I can’t help but smile that Ryan Young gets meaningful minutes

Watched the Field of 68 reaction to this game, and they were saying that Proctor needs to do a lot better if he wants to stay in the conversation for 1st team All-American. LOL. Wut???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT