ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart Lobbied Hard for Gator Bowl

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
He has a friend on their committee.

This is a good story with insight to the selection process.

We’ve all heard that Kentucky has a strong pull for bowl selections.

It’s good to see someone else confirm it:

“The Kentucky brand has improved tremendously under coach (Mark) Stoops. Clemson is a brand that does great for TV,” Showalter said. “Kentucky does such a great job with fans and how they travel. It’s tough to get Kentucky because other bowls will lobby for Kentucky.”

We are fortunate to have so many SEC teams get to NY6 bowls this year. With the season being so disappointing two years in a row and support grumbling it helps with this type of trip to put some positive spin on it. That being said there are really only a couple of not great bowl situations for sec teams anymore.

Reactions: K_TIME
That being said there are really only a couple of not great bowl situations for sec teams anymore.
And I look for the SEC to add a more prestigious slot West of the Mississippi with Oklahoma and Texas joining.

Maybe the Sun Bowl. It’s one of the oldest and usually hosts two ranked teams.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
We are fortunate to have so many SEC teams get to NY6 bowls this year.
Ironically, we have ourselves to thank for Ole Miss getting into the NYD6. They were 12th after beating Miss State, and U of L 9th.

So we beat U of L, they drop out of the Top 12, buuut, still got the Orange slot if FSU made the Play Off Top 4. FSU looked pretty anemic beating U of L, who had just lost to us, so then FSU gets snubbed from the Top 4, fills the Orange Bowl slot, and U of L is sent packing to the Holiday Bowl!!

In short, that win in Louisville deprived U of L from ever participating in the NYD6, as configured from 2014-2023!!

[And our defeat of Lamar Jackson’s U of L team in 2016 did exactly the same].

Calling @jauk11, calling @jauk11.

This is how you notify someone, by placing the little @ symbol right next to their name.

I think he might be nearing 90.
I always give him a hard time, but I love his passion about lost season tickets from 15 years ago, no recruiting room and no budget for football. He’s stuck to that since day 1 on here.

Everything since we beat louisville has been good for Kentucky now if we can win the gator will take a little sting away from the disappointing season go cats

I always give him a hard time, but I love his passion about lost season tickets from 15 years ago, no recruiting room and no budget for football. He’s stuck to that since day 1 on here.
And those parking passes was another favorite of mine when something was built in the football parking lots was another jewel 🍺
He’s one of those old school guys I would buy beers for all night just to hear his stories

And those parking passes was another favorite of mine when something was built in the football parking lots was another jewel 🍺
He’s one of those old school guys I would buy beers for all night just to hear his stories

If you did that, I’m sure the stories would get even more entertaining…er, accurate as the night went on, too.

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
And I look for the SEC to add a more prestigious slot West of the Mississippi with Oklahoma and Texas joining.

Maybe the Sun Bowl. It’s one of the oldest and usually hosts two ranked teams.
Sun Bowl has always been a favorite for me. I personally would like to see KY play in that Bowl Game.

Just looked it up: Sun Bowl 2023 payout: 4.5 million. Alamo 8.25 million, equaling Citrus!!

Damn!
Yep, Sun used to be big, but now it is more or less the equivalent of Belk or Music City. Alamo and Holiday are basically like Citrus and Outback.

Reactions: The-Hack
Yep, Sun used to be big, but now it is more or less the equivalent of Belk or Music City. Alamo and Holiday are basically like Citrus and Outback.
With the two Big 12 additions, we could snare the Alamo, and maybe put it on the same status as Citrus: alternating years they choose the “first out” of the 12 team playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT