ADVERTISEMENT

Samford

RogerIndy

Sophomore
Sep 2, 2002
Well, terrible bottom of the first for us, we gave up 5 runs. I think if our pitching improves, we can come back. Lafferty was pulled after 4 runs scored, O'Brien gave up another. Hopefully he will settle down.

This game is unwatchable from the camera angle. No field view. Will have to listen from hear on out tonight.

Reactions: Basil Cat
We got two back in the top of the 5th. Between innings, one of the Samford coaches was ejected after some words with the umpire.

I was going to stop watching but this is the most bizarre game I can remember. Samford jumps out 5-0 bottom 1 UK sleepwalking. Samford obviously talking smack leading an SEC team.

Camera angles - awful (all 3 of them)
Samford HC ejected
Samford catcher ejected
Both after UK home runs

Above all the weirdness these two announcers are absolutely the corniest two dudes Inhave ever heard. That includes many high school broadcasts. The color guy actually said I don’t mind two out singles they won’t hurt you. Two pitches later Grant Smith hits a two out two run HR. I mean , I can’t stop watching / listening now 😂😂😂

Play by play guy just said UK is like a JV Tennessee team with their antics. 😂

Top of the 6th, the Samford catcher got mouthy with the umpire and was ejected. UK scored 3. Middle of the 6th, UK 5, Samford 6.

Sucked to lose that game. Oh well, that’s baseball. I think we drop the series at Auburn. It will be interesting to see how we respond next week with Louisville and ut on the horizon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT