ADVERTISEMENT

Samford Robbed

Refs save Kansas.
So if we can go back and look at goal tending, shot clocks, etc... Why is it again we can look at a foul like this one? Sure some reviews you wouldn't be able to overturn because it's subjective but teams should have challenges for things like this. This one could have easily been resolved by review with no ambiguity.

Last edited:
Sucks we lost, sucks even more seeing Kansas get the benefit of the refs we never seem to.

Cleanest block I've ever seen and guy hits the deck hard so of course the refs call a foul.
I get it, but man it’s hard to care about anything else tournament wise right now. A historical good program is gonna win a title this year most likely and Kentucky can’t even win a damn game

I get it, but man it’s hard to care about anything else tournament wise right now. A historical good program is gonna win a title this year most likely and Kentucky can’t even win a damn game
I've had practice the last few years. I refuse to let UKs current performance, to use a Cal-ism, take away my joy from the best sporting event on the planet.

I've had practice the last few years. I refuse to let UKs current performance, to use a Cal-ism, take away my joy from the best sporting event on the planet.
I’m leaning into soccer now, I’m a Lou city season ticket holder so I will focus on that. I love basketball but cal has ruined March for me, I hope I can reach your point one day, but I still have a while to go

Relax guys, Gonzaga is gonna run those bums off the court

One of the most likeable coaches (Mark Few) who runs a clean program vs a cheating scumbag who runs a criminal operation counting bread company banners as titles 😂

The Samford guy was well clear of the KU player, so there was 0 angle that could have been a foul from. Hell of a block.
I think I've come to the opinion that basketball is an inherently flawed sport.

It simply is not possible to officiate the game accurately enough to not influence outcomes.

I'll just say that and leave out any discussion of more nefarious reasons there may be bad calls.

It's the greatest tournament in the world imo. I've loved it since I was a little kid. And I'm in a lot of bracket pools and survivor contest..oh and I love the game of basketball. I'm not going to let that fat clown Calipari take that from me. Ever.
I get all of that and it's the most exciting tournament. However, it does absolutely nothing for me if my team isn't in it. I can't sit back and watch other teams enjoy a run while Kentucky is sitting at home. My love for Kentucky Basketball I guess is just more than the sport as a whole.

Last edited:
Rough day for me for sure. I’m hard-core UK by blood but my college degrees are from Morehead and Samford University so all three tough losses yesterday and I’m in a mood today where I better just scare clear of all humanity.

Was pulling for Samford but they did themselves no favors falling behind 20 in the second half. Not to mention, Samford also missed 10 free throws.

So if we can go back and look at goal tending, shot clocks, etc... Why is it again we can look at a foul like this one? Sure some reviews you wouldn't be able to overturn because it's subjective but teams should have challenges for things like this. This one could have easily been resolved by review with no ambiguity.
Not that I want anymore reviews during a game, but I agree that maybe 1 challenge a game/half would potentially work for calls that are obviously wrong.

Reactions: Lempface
Not that I want anymore reviews during a game, but I agree that maybe 1 challenge a game/half would potentially work for calls that are obviously wrong.
College refs would do what NFL refs did a few years back when you could challenge Pass Interference. Never, ever overturn the call.

• Haha
Reactions: bthaunert
Props to all of you who had the strength to continue watching the tourney after last nights game. I have zero desire to watch another game.

One of the biggest and cleanest blocks you will see. Hate that for the Samford kids. Oh and screw KU. If you go back there is a play at the end there Dickinson elbowed a guy in the face before throwing the outlet. If he played for us that would have been called murder 1.

Bring a challenge flag to college basketball. Each team gets 1 and it can only be used in the last 60 seconds of the game.

This is unacceptable and clear to the naked eye.

Reactions: J_Dee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT