ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters UK Basketball Draft (Complete)

Just off the top of my head. I know I'm aging myself

Jim Masters
Dicky Beal
Jimmy Dan Connors
Freddie Cowans

Edit: Off topic........... The 3 pt contest tonight may be a thing of beauty.

Ralph Beard
Vernon Hatton
Johnny Cox
Tom Parker
LeRon Ellis

Larry Conley
Jim Master
Chris Mills
Deron Feldhaus
Rodney Dent

Every older fan I’ve ever met has told me that Ralph Beard was the best PG they ever saw at UK. They, & tons of media/analysts, have also said that Beard would’ve thrived in the modern era. If not for the scandal, many believe that Beard might’ve been in the discussion for PG GOAT. Crazy he wasn’t drafted. Same for Cox.

Ralph Beard
Vernon Hatton
Johnny Cox
Tom Parker
LeRon Ellis

Larry Conley
Jim Master
Chris Mills
Deron Feldhaus
Rodney Dent

Every older fan I’ve ever met has told me that Ralph Beard was the best PG they ever saw at UK. They, & tons of media/analysts, have also said that Beard would’ve thrived in the modern era. If not for the scandal, many believe that Beard might’ve been in the discussion for PG GOAT. Crazy he wasn’t drafted. Same for Cox.
Oh yes. Ashamed to admit I temporally forgot about Beard. I was thinking someone should have drafted him.....early.

Best players left undrafted?

Andrew Harrison (a PG that started on back to back final 4 teams which shows how deep our history is)
Sparks
Mintz
Briscoe

Also Kellen Grady was one I really considered off the bench with his shooting. Surprised he didn’t go.
I conserved Grady and I just went with as many multi year guys as I could.

Ralph Beard
Vernon Hatton
Johnny Cox
Tom Parker
LeRon Ellis

Larry Conley
Jim Master
Chris Mills
Deron Feldhaus
Rodney Dent

Seems a lot of people were hesitant to take older talent. I took a couple, we will see how voting shakes out but I think young NBA talent will win over 3-4 year stat leaders but we will see. I chose a couple of all time great and popular Cats in Prince and Hayes and I’ll be surprised if I finish higher than 6 or 7th.

Dale Brown
Dakari Johnson
Patrick Sparks
Rodrick Rhodes
Andrew Harrison
Kellan Grady
Marquis Estill
Jules Camara
Jason Parker
Jared Prickett
LeRon Ellis
Isaiah Jackson
Isaiah Briscoe
Ralph Beard
Wah Wah Jones
Nate Sestina
Davion Mintz
Jeff Brassow
Archie Goodwin
Andre Riddick

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
M. Estill was someone I also thought about. I'm not 100% sure but thought I saw him in the crowd of old players at the end of BBM.

Roger Harden would have been great paired with Kenny Walker. They made the game look so simple.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Ralph Beard
Vernon Hatton
Johnny Cox
Tom Parker
LeRon Ellis

Larry Conley
Jim Master
Chris Mills
Deron Feldhaus
Rodney Dent

I thought about Beard, Cox, Conley, Master and Feldhaus. I eventually went with Dwight Anderson as my backup PG, to counter guys like Wall, Fox, Rondo and Turner.

My voting will be about 90% on how each drafted and put together a team and about 10% on your discussions about your team's strengths and weaknesses. I thought one poster here who I agree with most of the time (I read and remember more than I post) would draft more like I would but I guess his age (I think he's a decade or two younger) won out.

I did enjoy this drafting process and came at a time I wasn't busy. I had a vacation in the N. Car. mountains planned but canceled due to Helene.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
We should have established a rule where if you defeat another poster, you automatically get their votes for the rest of the tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT