ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp back to RUPP!

I noticed a different level of excitement last night even at tip off.

Its been 9 yrs since a FF and 12 since a title; the UK fans are hungry.

Reactions: Dillenger1914
I definitely felt the energy, long before the start of the game. I overheard other people saying they could feel it also. Turned out to be a great game, great atmosphere and a great time.

Rupp always rocks when it is a highly ranked opponent. People just have a hard time getting up for the bad opponents.
^^^^^ This has always been the case at Rupp. Fans simply aren't going to get excited watching the CATS play a team like Minot State University. Good opponent brings a rowdier Rupp crowd.

Reactions: MasonCoBlue
I was there in lower section with a few friends. We were standing on just about every play and screaming as loud as we can. My voice is almost gone today, but it was for sure worth it!

This is what many on here have been saying. Bring in a quality OOC opponent, and Rupp still kicks @$$. Bring in Cupcake State or Directional University and it sound more like a prayer meeting on Wednesday night.
It also helps when there is a team on the floor worth cheering for that looks like legit contenders. A far cry from the 9-16 team. Talented players, homegrown kid like Sheppard and a change in style of basketball have quite a bit to do with it giving BBN hope.

Reactions: Wonky
For those who went last night, was it as loud as 2003 against UF? Loudest I’ve ever attended in person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT