ADVERTISEMENT

Rules you would like changed.

Boyd94

Junior
Feb 16, 2022
I'd love for goal tending to go and alternate jump ball. Go back to a real jump. Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: fospear
I know it will never happen and some may not agree lol. But I think it would be fun and also give a better idea of who’s really the best if the tournament had less teams. Less rounds. And 3 game series each round. You have to beat your opponent twice

Reactions: BigKari
The final 2 minutes replay thing. It's over done and is a free timeout essentially. Should be all game or nothing

I’d vote for a rule that requires all games be reviewed for uncalled flops by an independent group. Any uncalled flop would result in firing every referee at the game and suspending the flopper and his coach for 15 games. Hell I don’t see this much flopping at a bass tournament.

Reactions: downw/ball-lineD
block/ charge needs to be fixed
This. If a "defender" is just sliding into place underneath an offensive player, that isn't defense and should never be rewarded (forget the dumb semi-circle, this should apply everywhere on the court). If you're playing tight defense and get elbowed, sure. But the maneuvers to specifically "draw a charge" are complete bullshit.

This. If a "defender" is just sliding into place underneath an offensive player, that isn't defense and should never be rewarded (forget the dumb semi-circle, this should apply everywhere on the court). If you're playing tight defense and get elbowed, sure. But the maneuvers to specifically "draw a charge" are complete bullshit.
The easy answer to this imo is that only the primary defender can draw a charge. A secondary defender after you beat your man cannot.

Flops are an automatic T and personal foul, second offense in a season is suspension for one game, third is for two etc...

No sliding in the lane and rewarding it, @bthaunert is right primary defender only

6 fouls, let the best players play

Refs are NCAA employees and publicly graded

Jump balls should be decided by a Russian slap competition.

GrimyWickedCreature-max-1mb.gif

1. Going to monitor on regular action elbow stuff is top issue for me. Tired of it and so objective when they choose to go to monitor And slows game pace downs
2. Weakside charge call is baloney to me most times. If you run up under a guy attack rim should not be rewarded…plus it de motivate aggressive play and incentive jump shot contest

Who is the primary defender in a zone?
In a zone, if you have the ball or are driving, there is someone guarding you. Once you pass that primary “first” defender, then the no charge rule goes into effect. A sone doesn’t mean that when you have the ball no one is guarding you.

Charges has been covered which is number one, so......fewer team timeouts and tv timeouts on the 5s and not the 4s. Too many stoppages which keeps the game from getting in a rhythm.

5 fouls. Worst rule in college basketball
I agree. Fans pay big money to watch the players not refs determine the game by fouling guys out with ticky tack stuff. I say change the fouls to 6 and if a player reaches 6 fouls from that point on the coach has the option of playing the guy but any additional fouls would be 2 shots and the ball. That would discourage guys from just hacking people but also allow the players to stay on the floor.

Reactions: Ed323232
In a zone, if you have the ball or are driving, there is someone guarding you. Once you pass that primary “first” defender, then the no charge rule goes into effect. A sone doesn’t mean that when you have the ball no one is guarding you.
Make the rules REALLY complicated so people can bitch about the refs and accuse them of cheating even more than now.

Adopt the NBA three point line and lane.

FIBA rules for balls on the rim

Bring all officiating under control of the NCAA and uniformity and stop letting them be basically independent contractors…but the NCAA doesn’t want to do this because they’re afraid they’d then unionize like NBA refs. Again it’s always about money.

No problems with the five fouls or playing halves instead of quarters or not being able to advance a ball with a timeout. I like the unique aspects of college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT