ADVERTISEMENT

Rules of the Paddock

Btw, what's the # to the Mod Hotline? I got some grievances to air that can't be aired via typing on the internet.

The one downside of the Paddock is the lack of real meltdowns in the last few years.

The new posters are usually beat on way too fast. Slow the trolling down a bit and then really hook them.

This is the best advice I have seen posted in the Paddock in a long, long time. Much more fun if you can string them along and make them think you are on their side. At least for the first 4-5 pages or so.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
The one downside of the Paddock is the lack of real meltdowns in the last few years.

The new posters are usually beat on way too fast. Slow the trolling down a bit and then really hook them.

The Paddock has become a bridge that no talent trolls like the monkey with a gun choose to hang out They've took the Paddock model, organically formulated by true innovators, and cheapened it. Old heads remember when this place was a true lion's den, a place where fools feared to tread, now it's become a parody of itself. A place where people are more concerned with trolling somebody, in a faggy "hey, did you see me get that guy" way, as if that's what it's all about. Well, it's not and it never was. It's more nuanced than that. Maybe if some of you guys were actually funny, it'd be different, but alas, you're not. I wish you were, b/c Lord knows some posters need some adjustment. But you guys come off as hack comedians, concerned only with seeming cool to all the other hack trolls under the bridge. And frankly, it's sad. The Paddock is just sad. The innovators are gone, or old, now. All we're left with are the imitators who just don't get it.

Reactions: -LEK-
it was probably any number of slack gina posters who took it upon themselves to point out "curse words" and "epithets" Its been awhile since I've been turned in for anything, but every time in the past it was someone driving by rather than being aimed at, who decided to have their feelings hurt, the sensibilities challenged, or found the existence of something that had nothing to do with them offensive. In fact the only side bar talk i have ever had with a mod was them telling me that a tattler had started crying about something i said or a conversation i was in.

Exhibit A, your honor.
tumblr_mc683sDvrT1ronhn5o1_500.gif

Reactions: Kooky Kats
The meltdowns were the best...and used to be weekly. My favorite was when I got Catfan1963, dude went ballistic when the Crocodile Hunter died.

I have forgotten so many because there was seemingly a really long stretch of like a year or so where it was just a regular thing.

Getting BrianBoone over here wasn't a disappointment. Or, the dork in your avatar.

BrianBoone was hilarious, every other thread you'd have someone. The softball threads were gold.

Oh and GlobalStorm close to ten years ago. He flipped out, got banned, then made usernames like "JEFFDRUMMONDISGAY" back when you could see all the usernames lurking at the top.

I have forgotten so many because there was seemingly a really long stretch of like a year or so where it was just a regular thing.

Getting BrianBoone over here wasn't a disappointment. Or, the dork in your avatar.

Dude, I STG I'm not trying to swing on your nuts or hang from your dick, but I feel compelled to give credit where credit is due...you're the king at instigating meltdowns.

Brutally -- and beautifully -- relentless.

Dude, I STG I'm not trying to swing on your nuts or hang from your dick, but I feel compelled to give credit where credit is due...you're the king at instigating meltdowns.

Brutally -- and beautifully -- relentless.

I can't take all the credit. A really good meltdown started with getting someone on the hook but they really blew up when others piled on and they quickly realized they had no allies.

I'm am an instigating asshole, though.

One of my personal favorites was uncfaninky. I distinctly remember his bragging about his yellow H2 during the gas prices skyrocketing. It ended with Funky screen-shotting the vile and racist rants on my fanpage. He went nuclear and to this day, he's still wrecked if you happen to ever catch some of his BS from the tarheel board.

Oh and GlobalStorm close to ten years ago. He flipped out, got banned, then made usernames like "JEFFDRUMMONDISGAY" back when you could see all the usernames lurking at the top.

What was his last handle? You could have said "hi" to him and he was flying off the handle he hated you so much.

Was Brian Boone the dumbass that thought if he moved his car that Google maps would update in real time?

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Tail Spin or something...yeah, anytime I would reply to him in the years after he would flip out.

Of course all of this is child's play compared to the both of us destroying Barclay on TBK for years. I honestly believe we took a decade off his life.

Tail Spin or something...yeah, anytime I would reply to him in the years after he would flip out.

Of course all of this is child's play compared to the both of us destroying Barclay on TBK for years. I honestly believe we took a decade off his life.

Those were enjoyable and he usually could hold his own. And unlike some of the posters listed, he had some redeemable qualities like waxing Jon Guess (where is that dude?) in an impromptu tennis match and mailing you a dollar bill.

Tommy definitely understood the art, and it is an art, of trolling. Way b4 the term was invented, btw. A trailblazer in that sense. Kid had several tools in his bag too. Really impressive to watch him work back in the day. I always thought, and no offense intended, that your trolling was made more impressive with me b/c of just what train wreck you were at the time. I honestly use to worry about you, Tommy. In a "man, i know, this person only exists in my mind, but still, he is real to someone" sorta way. And in that same sense, glad to see you doing well. Back then, I wouldn't have bet a cup of warm piss on that being the case. Good on ya.

Tommy definitely understood the art, and it is an art, of trolling. Way b4 the term was invented, btw. A trailblazer in that sense. Kid had several tools in his bag too. Really impressive to watch him work back in the day. I always thought, and no offense intended, that your trolling was made more impressive with me b/c of just what train wreck you were at the time. I honestly use to worry about you, Tommy. In a "man, i know, this person only exists in my mind, but still, he is real to someone" sorta way. And in that same sense, glad to see you doing well. Back then, I wouldn't have bet a cup of warm piss on that being the case. Good on ya.

Haha, thanks.

It is time for someone to come forward on who the STG handle was. My money has always been on UCL but now that I know he and Maxx share Twitter then I think it was a combo of the two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT