ADVERTISEMENT

Rozier doesn't get along with anyone

Deli owl

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2015
Got into a pushing match with Joel last night. Sounds about right for a ul guy.

Embiid is an absolute punk. Dude expects to be treated like an all-star, yet he's been in the league for four years and has played a total of 94 games. Wouldn't mind seeing his entitled ass get sent home by the Celtics.

Indeed... Not sure why all the hate for Rozier. Other than his U6 lineage, I can't find much to nitpick about his game or approach. If it had been someone like, say, Tyler Ulis instead of Rozier scuffling with Embiid, there would be 10 new threads lauding the heart and competitiveness of Ulis today. I've watched pretty much every Celtics playoff game, and all I see in Rozier is someone who plays his ass off, doesn't turn the ball over, has a competitive spirit, and has made the most of his opportunity when Irving went down. Same goes for Tatum. I know some posters consider it blasphemy to give props to former U6 and former Dukie players, but I've enjoyed watching the Celtics defy the odds after all of the setbacks they've had this season.

I've never been a Celtics fan --- and I'm sure as hell not a U6 or Duke fan --- but the C's effort, defense, exceptional coaching, and bulldog attitude is starting to win me over even though two of their best current players attended a rival college. If the Pels played with the same kind of effort and poise, they could easily be tied 2-2 with GS. Talent-wise, there's no way the Celtics should be owning the Sixers, and yet, here they are on the verge of knocking out the team that all of the media pundits have dubbed as "The Next Big Thing". Embiid was the instigator of the little fracas, and all Rozier did was stand his ground. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Rozier put Embiid in his place.... takes some mad ball handling skills to be jawing with a bully while simultaneously moving the ball behind his back from his right hand to his left hand as Embiid swatted at it, LOL!!!

Embiid is an absolute punk. Dude expects to be treated like an all-star, yet he's been in the league for four years and has played a total of 94 games. Wouldn't mind seeing his entitled ass get sent home by the Celtics.

I mean he was an all-star this year.

Indeed... Not sure why all the hate for Rozier. Other than his U6 lineage, I can't find much to nitpick about his game or approach. If it had been someone like, say, Tyler Ulis instead of Rozier scuffling with Embiid, there would be 10 new threads lauding the heart and competitiveness of Ulis today. I've watched pretty much every Celtics playoff game, and all I see in Rozier is someone who plays his ass off, doesn't turn the ball over, has a competitive spirit, and has made the most of his opportunity when Irving went down. Same goes for Tatum. I know some posters consider it blasphemy to give props to former U6 and former Dukie players, but I've enjoyed watching the Celtics defy the odds after all of the setbacks they've had this season.

As a Cats fan I found Rozier to be a punk with the whole Eric/Drew Bledsoe crap from the previous series.
I have always liked the Celtics from back in the 80s and 90s - From Bird to the late Reggie Lewis (dude was a stud), and as much as I like watching this team with Brad Stevens coaching, I find them hard to root for with all the Duke - UL players on the team. That being said I hope they beat Philly as I dislike Simmons and Embiid more.
I guess that's a sign of getting old - It is less about what you like and more about what you dislike less.

What about Boogie and Wall then? You don’t remember how his teammates were commenting about him? Glass house

Yea, but he also has this thing called an NBA championship. People seem to forgive and forget a lot easier when you earn one of those.

As a Cats fan I found Rozier to be a punk with the whole Eric/Drew Bledsoe crap from the previous series.
I have always liked the Celtics from back in the 80s and 90s - From Bird to the late Reggie Lewis (dude was a stud), and as much as I like watching this team with Brad Stevens coaching, I find them hard to root for with all the Duke - UL players on the team. That being said I hope they beat Philly as I dislike Simmons and Embiid more.
I guess that's a sign of getting old - It is less about what you like and more about what you dislike less.
Bledsoe started the entire thing by getting bodybagged by Rozier and then saying he didn't know who he was which led to Rozier calling Bledsoe Drew. All the Rozier hate is astounding. He went to UL I get it. But dude is about as tough of and as hard nosed of a player you'll find now a days. Embiid is awesome but he's a mouthy punk too. Rozier dont take no guff off anyone.

Reactions: Kentucky31
I’ve never understood the “run up and try to take the ball away from a guy real quick after a whistle” move. Embiid, in this case, was the punk bitch. Wish Rozier would’ve clocked him.

Our guys do it sometimes too. Diallo and Briscoe are the kings of it. Never liked it unless it was a one off to get in someones head or whatever. Guys doing it every game are just a-holes.

Bledsoe started the entire thing by getting bodybagged by Rozier and then saying he didn't know who he was which led to Rozier calling Bledsoe Drew. All the Rozier hate is astounding. He went to UL I get it. But dude is about as tough of and as hard nosed of a player you'll find now a days. Embiid is awesome but he's a mouthy punk too. Rozier dont take no guff off anyone.

No, I get it there are two sides to the Rozier - Bledsoe mess, but iirc Rozier was the first to call Eric - Drew and when asked about it Eric replied he did not know who that was.
Regardless, I was already on the side of one those guys so I know I am in no way impartial. I also did not like the post game interview when asked about wearing the Drew Bledsoe jersey - just found him to be punkish. (and I get that UK has had some players in the league do some punkish things - ie. Murray with Ball, but I still root for Murray and dislike Ball)
However, I can not deny that Rozier is flat out ball'n, and I like the chip he plays with, and enjoyed watching him and Embiid get a little testy. Between the two, my money would be on Rozier.
I am sure Rozier, like alot of others players, is a guy you love on your team, but despise to play against.

Got into a pushing match with Joel last night. Sounds about right for a ul guy.
Embid is good... But he has not won "Anything" to get that mouth he has... I mean down 3-0 and saying we are in your head... I mean he is either stupid or...

I am a big Eric Bledsoe fan but the Drew Bledsoe thing Terry is doing is hilarious. Well....the wearing his jersey to a game thing was funny. The printing t-shirts with Drew Bledsoe's jersey on it is overboard and lame.

Rozier has embarrassed the Sixers. That push off he was called for before this dustup was his first turnover in the entire series. Philly has been forced to go to freaking TJ McConnell to try to contain him. That was a punk move by Embiid to try to grab the ball away from him. And he drained a three right after it happened.

No, I get it there are two sides to the Rozier - Bledsoe mess, but iirc Rozier was the first to call Eric - Drew and when asked about it Eric replied he did not know who that was.
Regardless, I was already on the side of one those guys so I know I am in no way impartial. I also did not like the post game interview when asked about wearing the Drew Bledsoe jersey - just found him to be punkish. (and I get that UK has had some players in the league do some punkish things - ie. Murray with Ball, but I still root for Murray and dislike Ball)
However, I can not deny that Rozier is flat out ball'n, and I like the chip he plays with, and enjoyed watching him and Embiid get a little testy. Between the two, my money would be on Rozier.
I am sure Rozier, like alot of others players, is a guy you love on your team, but despise to play against.
I'm a big Celtics fan. So, Terry is exactly as you described love him on your team hate him if he's an opponent. I didn't like him at UL for that reason haha. But Bledosoe did make the comment about not knowing who Rozier was 1st. It doesn't really matter and I love Bledsoe and I love his tough attitude it's why Terry and he made up after game 7. They are both street guys who don't take nothing off anyone. My main thing with talking is you got to be winning.

Reactions: cjadams51
I'm a big Celtics fan. So, Terry is exactly as you described love him on your team hate him if he's an opponent. I didn't like him at UL for that reason haha. But Bledosoe did make the comment about not knowing who Rozier was 1st. It doesn't really matter and I love Bledsoe and I love his tough attitude it's why Terry and he made up after game 7. They are both street guys who don't take nothing off anyone. My main thing with talking is you got to be winning.
I am not really a fan of any NBA Team now - more a fan of players and styles, but I will say with the teams left in the playoffs I hope your Celtics take it all. I think the NBA is better when the legacy teams are relevant and growing up in the 80s nothing was better than the Celtics - Lakers. KC Jones is still one of my all time favorite coaches.

Reactions: miracle7s
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT