ADVERTISEMENT

Round 9 UK Basketball Draft

I’m probably gonna lose in the first round bc of the hatred for this player. He & my PG, Macy were my heroes as a kid & now I despise his ass as much as anyone. But, the guy was amazing on the court & as good of a SG as we’ve had, IMO. Plus, he’s a perfect fit with Macy & Mercer. Hide the IPhones & give me Rex Chapman. @Fox2monk OTC.
Omg that is who I was gonna pick.

Reactions: jrpross and chroix
Kid was a bucket. 52% from 3.

I’m surprised by the pick as well, but with his efficiency and basketball IQ, I don’t think it’s bad at all.
Oh it’s not a bad pick. Like I said I had 3 guards ahead of him just because of their production in college but depending on chemistry, he could end up a better choice as I think about it.

Updated:
1. @LukaszObrzut - Jamal Mashburn, Patrick Patterson, Jamal Murray
2. @Cowtown Cat - Dan Issel, Keith Bogans, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. @Son_Of_Saul - John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Jodie Meeks
4. @jrpross - Cliff Hagan, Malik Monk, Oscar Tshiebwe
5. @chroix - Karl Towns, Julius Randle, Reed Sheppard
6. @JHannibalSmith - Ron Mercer, Kyle Macy, Rex Chapman
7. @Fox2monk - Tayshaun Prince, De'Aaron Fox, Bam Adebayo
8. @drcats2013 - Tony Delk, Goose Givens, Sam Bowie
9. @RunninRichie - Derek Anderson, Tyler Ulis, Doron Lamb, Terrance Jones
10. @DraftCat - Antoine Walker, Kenny Sky Walker, Wayne Turner, Nerlens Noel

@DraftCat is OTC with two critical picks coming up.

@RunninRichie , Massiello is still waiting patiently in the Green Room.

Steve-Masiello-Kentucky.jpg

Ohh man, I hope nobody takes Oliver Simmons before my pick… 🤞
I remember how disappointed I was when I found out he was a gangly white ginger. All summer long I had read about him (this is back in the early days of the net when you couldn't just google a guy) and thought, "That name sounds awesome. That's a true basketball name - Oliver Simmons."

I was thinking he'd be a 6'8" athletic black wing forward in the same vein as Mercer. Then I saw him when he first checked into a UK game, and I was like, "Nope."

I was just a kid back then, but I already knew that gangly gingers just don't cut it.

I remember how disappointed I was when I found out he was a gangly white ginger. All summer long I had read about him (this is back in the early days of the net when you couldn't just google a guy) and thought, "That name sounds awesome. That's a true basketball name - Oliver Simmons."

I was thinking he'd be a 6'8" athletic black wing forward in the same vein as Mercer. Then I saw him when he first checked into a UK game, and I was like, "Nope."

I was just a kid back then, but I already knew that gangly gingers just don't cut it.
I was a pudgy ginger and I didn’t make it either. Maybe it’s just gingers…

Updated:
1. @LukaszObrzut - Jamal Mashburn, Patrick Patterson, Jamal Murray
2. @Cowtown Cat - Dan Issel, Keith Bogans, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. @Son_Of_Saul - John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Jodie Meeks
4. @jrpross - Cliff Hagan, Malik Monk, Oscar Tshiebwe
5. @chroix - Karl Towns, Julius Randle, Reed Sheppard
6. @JHannibalSmith - Ron Mercer, Kyle Macy, Rex Chapman
7. @Fox2monk - Tayshaun Prince, De'Aaron Fox, Bam Adebayo, Chuck Hayes
8. @drcats2013 - Tony Delk, Goose Givens, Sam Bowie, Shai Gil Alexander
9. @RunninRichie - Derek Anderson, Tyler Ulis, Doron Lamb, Terrance Jones
10. @DraftCat - Antoine Walker, Kenny Sky Walker, Wayne Turner, Nerlens Noel

Reactions: drcats2013
Dang, Unless I missed it, my boy Tyrese Maxey is still on the board.

IMO, so far, Fox2Monk and SonofSaul looking pretty stout. Several others look good also, @chroix, drcats2013.

May need to do a "best available" list. Not my draft, just a suggestion. A Mel Kiper type poster if you will.

Deleted. Sorry, my bad. I mean it is just a Google away. FF drafts and NFL drafts have players plastered up on screens. FF drafts actually show best available before you pick. But I get it, it helps the lazy people who doesn't know history or do not take the time to look it up. Once again, my apologies.

Deleted. Sorry, my bad. I mean it is just a Google away. FF drafts and NFL drafts have players plastered up on screens. FF drafts actually show best available before you pick. But I get it, it helps the lazy people who doesn't know history or do not take the time to look it up. Once again, my apologies.
No need to apologize! Stay with the draft and interact with us. Your best available was right on point, imo.

I wish I would have noticed the draft before it started, would have loved to participate. Guess I can be the pick by pick guy. Do draft grades, pick analysis, etc.

That would be cool! We do try and not to name players who haven't been picked yet.

A lot of people like to do their own research and learn a bit more about the history of Kentucky basketball... it's a nice side effect of participating in these drafts

Yea, I deleted my best available, will do pick analysis after picks. Everyone keep in mind, they will be MY opinions, doesn't make them right, doesn't make them wrong, JMO. Be easy on me, most of ya'll know me, If serious post are directed toward me, I clap back. Lets keep it entertaining and upbeat. If you disagree with my analysis, that is OK, just keep it light in response.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT